Peduto urges emailers to act

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Peduto urges emailers to act

Postby RW on Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:03 pm

Just got an email from Councilman Peduto. He responded to everyone who emailed him about the IOC/Pens slots proposal. I eyeballed approximately 150 names in the To: field of his email.

Needless to say, I am pleased with how he is helping the cause...his message pasted below:

Dear Friend:

Thank you for contacting me about the slots license proposal for the Isle of Capri / Pittsburgh Penguins. I am proud to support this initiative and plan to speak at the upcoming Public Hearing in defense of the Penguins. However, I NEED YOUR HELP! Please, if you care about the future of the Pittsburgh Penguins and support the Isle of Capri slots proposal, sign up below for the public hearing and be heard. DON’T LEAVE IT UP TO SOMEONE ELSE – this is your only chance to be heard.

William Peduto

Member of Council

City of Pittsburgh

PS: Please share this e-mail with your friends, families and co-workers. Sign up as many people as possible to testify. This is the only way the Gaming Commission will know what the public wants. Be heard or be silent – it’s your choice.

The PA Gaming Control Board will be holding their only Public Input Hearings here in Pittsburgh on April 18 and April 19 at 8:30 AM at the Omni William Penn Hotel in Downtown Pittsburgh.

You have the opportunity to speak at these hearings. However, you MUST complete 2 forms required by the Gaming Control Board prior to being allowed to speak. Be sure you complete the Registration AND the Verification forms. If you do not submit one of these forms you will NOT be allowed to speak at these hearings. All applications must be RECEIVED by the PA Gaming Control Board by Friday March 17, 2006. Don't wait submit your application now!

You can get the forms and information on where to mail them to at: http://www.pgcb.state.pa.us/hearing_indiv.HTM
RW

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins