Blues Gain Upper Hand in Tanking Battle

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Blues Gain Upper Hand in Tanking Battle

Postby Mad City Mike on Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:48 pm

Curtis Sanford is out for the year, meaning that La;ime and Reinhard Divis will split the goaltending duties. There is no better way to tank than playing Patrick Lalime everyday. Image
Last edited by Mad City Mike on Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby conforto45 on Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:49 pm

where can i find all those kick ass emoticons?
conforto45
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Pitts on Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:50 pm

conforto45 wrote:where can i find all those kick ass emoticons?

Just ask Google, dude.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Draftnik on Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:51 pm

What about the Blackhawks? They are below the Blues right now. I agree Sanford is a huge loss. He was incredibly effective for being on a bad team.
Draftnik
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Blues Gain Upper Hand in Tanking Battle

Postby Fast B on Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:52 pm

Mad City Mike wrote:Curtis Sanford is out for the year, meaning that La;ime and Reinhard Divis will split the goaltending duties. There is not better way to tank than playing Patrick Lalime everyday. Image

What happened to that Bacashihua guy? I recall him being pretty sharp in the couple STL games I watched.
Fast B
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby puckeye on Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:56 pm

Fast B wrote:
Mad City Mike wrote:Curtis Sanford is out for the year, meaning that La;ime and Reinhard Divis will split the goaltending duties. There is not better way to tank than playing Patrick Lalime everyday. Image

What happened to that Bacashihua guy? I recall him being pretty sharp in the couple STL games I watched.

Lalime actually looked good and made some key saves when he replaced Sanford - just well enough to get a new contract from someone
puckeye
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby netwolf on Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:38 pm

Mad City Mike wrote:Curtis Sanford is out for the year, meaning that La;ime and Reinhard Divis will split the goaltending duties. There is no better way to tank than playing Patrick Lalime everyday. Image

Et tu, MCM? I am suprised and disappointed that you are the latest poster grabbing the smilies I found. I know everyone has this strange desire to be like me, but this is getting ridiculous.

Image:lol:

Lalime was at least an all-star and ther is a chance he could get hot (or at least lukewarm again). As long as well still have the defense corps we have (last two games notwithstanding) I still like our chances. :wink:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Daniel on Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:41 pm

netwolf wrote:Et tu, MCM? I am suprised and disappointed that you are the latest poster grabbing the smilies I found. I know everyone has this strange desire to be like me, but this is getting ridiculous.

Hey, he could have copied them from me. :D
Daniel
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby netwolf on Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:54 pm

Daniel wrote:
netwolf wrote:Et tu, MCM? I am suprised and disappointed that you are the latest poster grabbing the smilies I found. I know everyone has this strange desire to be like me, but this is getting ridiculous.

Image Image
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Daniel on Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:19 pm

netwolf wrote:
Daniel wrote:

Image Image

Ya know, you are like MacIntosh and I am like Microsoft. You built it, I copied and improved on it. ImageImageImage

PS: ImageImage
Daniel
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby DelPen on Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:56 pm

Daniel wrote:
netwolf wrote:
Daniel wrote:

Image Image

Ya know, you are like MacIntosh and I am like Microsoft. You built it, I copied and improved on it. ImageImageImage

Actually Apple stole it first from Xerox who didn't know what they had on their hands. Image Image
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:09 pm

DelPen wrote:
Actually Apple stole it first from Xerox who didn't know what they had on their hands. Image Image

Lots of cool things were developed at PARC (The Palo Alto Research Center of Xerox) That's also were Terri Metcalf devoped and fine tuned TCP/IP, the technology that makes LGP possible. :-)

There's a funny story about Bill Gates and Steve Jobs where Steve complains that Microsoft ripped off Apple and Gates responds, "What? Stole something from you that you'd stolen from PARC?"
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby DelPen on Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:51 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:
DelPen wrote:

Lots of cool things were developed at PARC (The Palo Alto Research Center of Xerox) That's also were Terri Metcalf devoped and fine tuned TCP/IP, the technology that makes LGP possible. :-)

There's a funny story about Bill Gates and Steve Jobs where Steve complains that Microsoft ripped off Apple and Gates responds, "What? Stole something from you that you'd stolen from PARC?"

I was home with my daughter who was sick last week and watched "Pirates of Silicon Valley". Good movie. Apparently it's accurate in regards to the history between Apple and Microsoft and how both got started.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:02 pm

DelPen wrote:I was home with my daughter who was sick last week and watched "Pirates of Silicon Valley". Good movie. Apparently it's accurate in regards to the history between Apple and Microsoft and how both got started.

Very accurate. I have a very good friend who grew up in the 1970's in Los Gatos near the Jobs family home. I also worked for Microsoft back in the late 80's, some of the things that went on between Borland, Ashton Tate, Lotus, MS, and Novell were competitive business at best, and more likely, fodder that would keep a team of FTC lawyers busy for generations.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby Kicksave on Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:16 pm

I don't want to hear it. I started the fad when we first opened the board.

http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=112&highlight=chuck+norris
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Daniel on Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:28 pm

DelPen wrote:
Daniel wrote:
netwolf wrote:
Daniel wrote:

Image Image

Maybe developed was a poor choice of wording. The website owner was Xerox. Netwolf stole it from them (even though they knew what they had) and used it as his own. I came along and stole from Netwolf and improved it (frankly, because I am more cool than Netwolf) 8)
Daniel
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby netwolf on Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:03 pm

Kicksave wrote:

I don't want to hear it. I started the fad when we first opened the board.

http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=112&highlight=chuck+norris

End of story. Kicksave wins. Fatality. Image
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:11 am

the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:14 am

the wicked child wrote:http://mysmilies.com/

Please - Don't encourage them Image
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby netwolf on Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:24 am

I don't see a Chuck Norris smilie there, so Kicksave still wins. Don't feel bad though, losing to Kicksave's Chuck Smilie is like being second on the all-time Pens list behind #66. Image
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pitts on Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:58 am

ExPatriatePen wrote:

Please - Don't encourage them Image

I can see why Admin was opposed to the use of images and such on this forum! :D
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby NIN on Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:26 am