Unofficial Game Thread - Pens @ Devils

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby netwolf on Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:24 pm

NIN wrote:Yeah, see I don't care what it feels like. I have suffered through worse (pre-cage era) and never stopped to bat an eye at the ref and I don't get paid MILLIONS! Alot of NHL players take that hit, maybe try to draw one, but regardless get up and play. The end. He is having some off ice problems or something because it's easy to see why he gets the cry baby rap when something little like that happens.

So you are basically saying you are jealous that Crosby is making millions? :P

Seriously, he is eight-freaking-teen years old. How many 18 year old hockey players do you know that don't get heated when they get hit in the face, especially if it goes uncalled? I'm not saying Crosby is right or wrong. I am saying it shouldn't surprise anyone.

And maybe if you did make millions you would get upset because a getting hit in the face the rong way could take those millions away. :wink:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby netwolf on Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:26 pm

Peter wrote:Who is #9?

That's Andy Hilbert. He's been playing center and killing penalties and doing a good job.

The only other new guy in the lineup is Niklas Norgren #15. He's logged 4th line minutes and not suprisingly, hasn't been very noticeable.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby NIN on Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:26 pm

netwolf wrote:So you are basically saying you are jealous that Crosby is making millions? :P

Seriously, he is eight-freaking-teen years old. How many 18 year old hockey players do you know that don't get heated when they get hit in the face, especially if it goes uncalled? I'm not saying Crosby is right or wrong. I am saying it shouldn't surprise anyone.

And maybe if you did make millions you would get upset because a getting hit in the face the rong way could take those millions away. :wink:

Well, when your right your right. I just wish he would grow up like yesterday. The qoutes in the papers are from losers who did'nt make the league until they were like 23 years old, and just like them I have no idea what he is going through.

I don't think anybody would spend .50 cents to come watch me play. :D
NIN

Postby netwolf on Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:28 pm

NIN wrote:I don't think anybody would spend .50 cents to come watch me play. :D

I could offer people $10 and they still wouldn't show up. :oops:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Ron` on Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:30 pm

I'd watch if there was free beer.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby NJ5934 on Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:30 pm

Mike Emerick is calling the Devils telecast and made a good comment on the 'hard working' players usually getting the benefit of the doubt from the officials when they're considering making a call.

If that is the case, which I have no doubt it is......Crosby is on the other side of the room. I think refs are looking to let some of the stuff against him go, and subsequently looking for any reason what-so-ever to throw him in the box.

Unfair, yea no doubt......but Crosby (as a professional) should by now be cognizant of it and looking to change his reputation. Throwing his head back like he was just cold-cocked, then ******** at the ref for not giving him the call is not the way to do it.

There is no way in hell he should be wearing a "C" until he can get his emotions under control. It does cost this team on a regular basis.
NJ5934
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby netwolf on Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:31 pm

NJ5934 wrote:Unfair, yea no doubt......but Crosby (as a professional) should by now be cognizant of it and looking to change his reputation. Throwing his head back like he was just cold-cocked, then ******** at the ref for not giving him the call is not the way to do it.

There is no way in hell he should be wearing a "C" until he can get his emotions under control. It does cost this team on a regular basis.

Agreed. If that's the case though, I see them going with 3 As all next year, barring personel moves.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby netwolf on Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:33 pm

Great play by Koltsov for steal the puck and set up Hilbert. Horrible penalty by Nordgren to kill the momentum.

Big kill here...
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby NIN on Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:33 pm

netwolf wrote:
NJ5934 wrote:Unfair, yea no doubt......but Crosby (as a professional) should by now be cognizant of it and looking to change his reputation. Throwing his head back like he was just cold-cocked, then ******** at the ref for not giving him the call is not the way to do it.

Agreed. If that's the case though, I see them going with 3 As all next year, barring personel moves.

The C could stand for Cryer!
NIN

Postby NJ5934 on Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:33 pm

I know I'm probably all alone on this one, but I think Orpik should wear the "C" next year.
NJ5934
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby NIN on Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:35 pm

The average IQ of the players on the ice drops dramatically when Orpik steps over the boards. GEEEZ
NIN

Postby borohcky9 on Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:35 pm

I really cannot stand Errey anymore...yes we are doing some bad things, but he dwells on them.
borohcky9

Postby Ron` on Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:35 pm

He just did a good job of whining too on an obvious hook lol
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Ron` on Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:36 pm

Ron` wrote:He just did a good job of whining too on an obvious hook lol

Oprik that is
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Fast B on Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:37 pm

Were they just playing Kriss Kross over the PA system? That would be frightening.
Fast B
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby netwolf on Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:37 pm

NJ5934 wrote:I know I'm probably all alone on this one, but I think Orpik should wear the "C" next year.

No way a guy currently on the roster without an A leapfrogs everyone for the C though.

Eeyore kills me. He blasts Orpik for complaining about a call like Errey never complained.

Orpik should have been that far up ice, but he did bust his tail to get back. Initially, it looked like Orpik's stick had hooked the puckcarrier's stick before getting into the guys's waist. I think that's what he was arguing about.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby NIN on Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:37 pm

NJ5934 wrote:I know I'm probably all alone on this one, but I think Orpik should wear the "C" next year.

He might have the heart but thats about it. I wouldnt give him an A until he either becomes a full blown NHL defensive bad ass or a reliable stay at home type. Right now his style or mold or whatever is in Limbo. At 25 im not sure which direction he is taking his career or if this is as good as he wants to get.

I see a ton more potential but hell I wasted my life so why not him! :o
NIN

Postby netwolf on Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:39 pm

Good kill, now let's get this thing tied up!
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Jamie on Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:40 pm

We cant even dent the offensive zone. I have seen alot of bad passing tonight, and poor decision making when we have the puck.
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby 68forever on Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:41 pm

netwolf wrote:Good kill, now let's get this thing tied up!

It would be nice but is it just me that even though they are playing hard it seems as if a few of the bad habits are finding thier way back into some of this game and it just isn't going as well as it could be, if they would just play like they did the last 2 games.
68forever
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby borohcky9 on Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:42 pm

Now that was great payback by Crosby.
borohcky9

Postby netwolf on Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:45 pm

No point in the TO now. They should have taken it before the offensive zone drawn with a minute and a half left. Bad move by MT.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby netwolf on Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:46 pm

68forever wrote:
netwolf wrote:Good kill, now let's get this thing tied up!

It would be nice but is it just me that even though they are playing hard it seems as if a few of the bad habits are finding thier way back into some of this game and it just isn't going as well as it could be, if they would just play like they did the last 2 games.

Yep. They played a good first period, but then the energy was sucked out of them except for a few isolated spots.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DelPen on Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:47 pm

The forwards just couldn't set up in the zone and when they actually did Brodeur made the big saves. Another strong game from Fleury though.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby cojac on Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:48 pm

Horrible Refing tonight, pretty good effort though, great goaltending, passed up alot of shots. :?
cojac
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins