Where's Cuban?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Where's Cuban?

Postby Batman21 on Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:52 pm

Hey Folks -

LONG time lurker, 1st time poster -

I'm a Pen's fan transplanted from Pittsburgh to LA. I read the PG daily, as well as the boards, but I havn't heard a peep regarding Mark Cuban buying the Pens. I know most investers wanna wait til the license blah blah blah, but I think it is safe to say that if he took over we could all sleep a little easier at night.

Any local news on this I missed?
Batman21
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Where's Cuban?

Postby HomerPenguin on Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:08 pm

Batman21 wrote:Hey Folks -

LONG time lurker, 1st time poster -

I'm a Pen's fan transplanted from Pittsburgh to LA. I read the PG daily, as well as the boards, but I havn't heard a peep regarding Mark Cuban buying the Pens. I know most investers wanna wait til the license blah blah blah, but I think it is safe to say that if he took over we could all sleep a little easier at night.

Any local news on this I missed?

Don't hold your breath. Cuban has been on record saying his wife would kill him if he bought another sports team, and his pattern with respect to Pittsburgh sports franchises has repeatedly been to make noise about buying things that aren't for sale, so that his public image in Pittsburgh stays high while he's not really on the hook to do anything.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins