Constantine to Wild's AHL Affiliate

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Constantine to Wild's AHL Affiliate

Postby TheHammer24 on Thu May 31, 2007 11:53 am

cbssportsline.com

The Minnesota Wild picked former NHL coach Kevin Constantine to lead their primary minor league affiliate, the Houston Aeros of the American Hockey League.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Constantine to Wild's AHL Affiliate

Postby Mad City Mike on Thu May 31, 2007 12:16 pm

TheHammer24 wrote:cbssportsline.com

The Minnesota Wild picked former NHL coach Kevin Constantine to lead their primary minor league affiliate, the Houston Aeros of the American Hockey League.

I guess they want one master of the trap to teach the kids at the AHL level so that they are ready to play for THE master of it when they come to the NHL.

Gack. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby eastonpensfan on Thu May 31, 2007 12:29 pm

The Houston Aeros were the worst team in the AHL's Western Conference. I don't see Constantine turning that around any time soon.

The AHL's "Vet rule" keeps teams from signing a lot of AHL vets and trying to win that way. Usually, the AHL team's record is indicative of how the NHL affiliate team has drafted over the past 2-3 years.
eastonpensfan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Jimmy66 on Thu May 31, 2007 3:12 pm

eastonpensfan wrote:The Houston Aeros were the worst team in the AHL's Western Conference. I don't see Constantine turning that around any time soon.

The AHL's "Vet rule" keeps teams from signing a lot of AHL vets and trying to win that way. Usually, the AHL team's record is indicative of how the NHL affiliate team has drafted over the past 2-3 years.

NPR! Sorry man, couldn't resist.
Jimmy66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby eastonpensfan on Thu May 31, 2007 3:27 pm

Jimmy66 wrote:
eastonpensfan wrote:The Houston Aeros were the worst team in the AHL's Western Conference. I don't see Constantine turning that around any time soon.

NPR! Sorry man, couldn't resist.

I know it is. Tell that to the thread starter.
eastonpensfan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby MaddenFollower on Thu May 31, 2007 3:38 pm

It boggles my mind that people can't figure out which therads go where :? :shock:
MaddenFollower

Postby ushockeyteam1980 on Thu May 31, 2007 6:10 pm

Ah yes, my almost neighbor got a job. He put an offer on the house next to mine 10 years ago, and got outbid by my current neighbors. Needless to say, I'm glad he didn't get it. I wouldn't be able to afford Pens games without the babysitting money I make from them, haha. They also give me tix, which is nice. They're right by the Pens tunnel, B20.
ushockeyteam1980

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins