Consider the source.

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Consider the source.

Postby ville5 on Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:52 am

Pens wanted Vermette and Bochenski for Malone which killed the deal.
Pens would bid on Yashin?Image
Garrioch's sources say so.http://spectorshockey.tripod.com/default.html
ville5
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Stoosh on Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:14 pm

Garrioch is to the Canadian hockey press what Larry Brooks is to the American press.

I've heard that people in NHL circles will deliberately tell Brooks incorrect information because they all know it'll have a good chance of finding its way into print. I'm sure Garrioch isn't much better, who seems to use the fact that he covers hockey for a Canadian market as justification for throwing a bunch of crap at the wall and seeing what sticks.

That said, I actually buy the Vermette/Bochenski thing. That isn't entirely out of the realm of reason to me. Ottawa wanted immediate help, and Malone is young enough to still have significant upside. If that's what CP asked for it return, I think it was a justifiable offer.

I don't buy Garrioch's assertion that Malone was devastated at all. There are two polar opposite accounts of that story, and Karen Price is the one covering the team on a day-to-day basis. I'm not sure Garrioch would recognize Malone if he saw him in the street.
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Pitts on Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:22 pm

I honestly don't think Malone wants to leave Pittsburgh. I think he enjoys being the "Pittsburgh Kid", and having the opportunity for his family and friends watch him play all the time. I truly think he takes pride in that fact and believe him when he says he wants to stay a Pen for life.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ville5 on Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:08 pm

Pitts wrote:I honestly don't think Malone wants to leave Pittsburgh. I think he enjoys being the "Pittsburgh Kid", and having the opportunity for his family and friends watch him play all the time. I truly think he takes pride in that fact and believe him when he says he wants to stay a Pen for life.

At the beginning of the season, yes I would've thought Malone wanted out. Now, no chance. He is excelling under MT.
GP G A Pts PPG PPA SHG

Edzo- 31 6 5 11 5 1 3

MT-- 31 11 11 22 4 5 0

Yes the position switch has helped Malone, but MT has really gotten Ryan motivated, in shape and more disciplined. He seems to be flying out on the ice. And there is none of the LAZINESS that he displayed so often under Mari... er, I mean Edzo.
ville5
AHL'er
AHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins