My NIN post of the day

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

My NIN post of the day

Postby guiner on Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:49 pm

Shooting and passing are one and the same. Forget all of history in the sport, you have been brainwashed by years of commentators, players and coaches.

When a player shoots, he swings his stick to hit the puck. When a player passes, he swings his stick to hit the puck. There is no difference here. It doesnt matter whether his attempted target is the net or another player. The only thing that the player is considering at the time of the action, is swinging the stick, hitting the puck.

This is only comprehesible by those with my vastly superior understanding of the english language. I will not be denied until I have convinced the entire world to change their inferior understanding of the game to match my own.

Someday, when the hockey world has realized my brilliance and observational skills, a game will be called thusly...

"Crosby swings the stick and hits the puck which happens to go to Armstrong, Armstorng swings the stick and hits the puck around the boards to Whitney. Whitney winds up to swing his stick and hit the puck and it ends up in the net. Goal. Wow, that was an excellenting swinging of the stick and hitting of the puck by Whitney there. Of course you can't overlook the swinging of the stick and hitting of the puck by both Crosby and Armstrong."

VIVA LE DEEVOLUTION!!!

g
guiner
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Vanbiesbrouck on Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:19 pm

If, in the motion of the stick swinging, another player falls over said stick which has been swung, did that player draw a penalty or did he dive?
Vanbiesbrouck
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Fast B on Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:04 pm

Vanbiesbrouck wrote:If, in the motion of the stick swinging, another player falls over said stick which has been swung, did that player draw a penalty or did he dive?

*my head asplode*
Fast B
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby netwolf on Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:05 pm

Brilliant work g. Image
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby guiner on Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:26 pm

Vanbiesbrouck wrote:If, in the motion of the stick swinging, another player falls over said stick which has been swung, did that player draw a penalty or did he dive?

Oh I think NIN has firmly established that each and every single instance a penalty has been called in the history of the game, it was in fact, a dive.

g
guiner
AHL'er
AHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins