So will Rita play tonight?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

So will Rita play tonight?

Postby borohcky9 on Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:37 pm

I may have missed something, but i noticed that Rita didn't play with Sid and Colby after the first period...hurt? or was Therien just doing his normal juggling?

Do you think he will be back out on the top unit tonight, they seemed to being playing the best all-around hockey the last few games.
borohcky9

Postby Bowser on Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:41 pm

Yanking Jani Rita off the top line made NO sense.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby borohcky9 on Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:49 pm

completely agree...i didnt even see him do anything wrong.

if you were to remove him from that line, i could only imagine doing it if we had a faster winger to put there.

all in all Roy got lucky and produced, and Surovy looked decent, but he always looks like he is playing well but only produces in spurts.
borohcky9

Postby NIN on Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:08 pm

borohcky9 wrote:completely agree...i didnt even see him do anything wrong.

if you were to remove him from that line, i could only imagine doing it if we had a faster winger to put there.

all in all Roy got lucky and produced, and Surovy looked decent, but he always looks like he is playing well but only produces in spurts.

Given the current lineup and the desperate need for a physical presence on Crosby's line, moving Roy up there for a few shifts a game is a great idea. Roy has a decent shot and with Crosby out there we may actually get to see it sometime soon! It should work out fine until we draft the next Kevin Stevens.

I think Rita is a better player than Surovy and he should be on that line regularily, not Surovy. However, Rita missed a huge assingment in the Jersey game that pretty much cost them the game. Therrian and his buddy Yeo get really pissed about thatr stuff and will let you know just how replaceable you are. Hopefully that message was received and things can go back to making sense again.
NIN

Postby DelPen on Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:22 pm

NIN wrote:

Given the current lineup and the desperate need for a physical presence on Crosby's line, moving Roy up there for a few shifts a game is a great idea. Roy has a decent shot and with Crosby out there we may actually get to see it sometime soon! It should work out fine until we draft the next Kevin Stevens.

I think Rita is a better player than Surovy and he should be on that line regularily, not Surovy. However, Rita missed a huge assingment in the Jersey game that pretty much cost them the game. Therrian and his buddy Yeo get really pissed about thatr stuff and will let you know just how replaceable you are. Hopefully that message was received and things can go back to making sense again.

Also consider we have already seen what Rita did in an audition for the role. I think Armstrong will be Crosby's RW for a while and they might want to see who else works well on the LW. I really want to see Malone there but we saw Rita play well, no harm seeing what other guys can do. We are going to have a lot of guys in the mold of Surovy, Rita, Kolanos, Taticek, Koltsov, Ouellet, Nordgern, etc. next camp and not all of them will make the team.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby ville5 on Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:26 pm

DelPen wrote:
NIN wrote:

Also consider we have already seen what Rita did in an audition for the role. I think Armstrong will be Crosby's RW for a while and they might want to see who else works well on the LW. I really want to see Malone there but we saw Rita play well, no harm seeing what other guys can do. We are going to have a lot of guys in the mold of Surovy, Rita, Kolanos, Taticek, Koltsov, Ouellet, Nordgern, etc. next camp and not all of them will make the team.

If Rita's not gonna get the time with Sid, he should IMHO, let's try Hilbert out there. He's played some LW in the past.
ville5
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby wondermoose on Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:32 pm

I say stick with Rita because we're finally getting production out of a line that Crosby isn't on (Leclair, Bogs, and Malone), so hopefully that line might draw a little more attention away from Crosbys.
wondermoose
AHL'er
AHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins