Official Pens Trounce Toronto Game Thread 3/19/06

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby wondermoose on Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:27 pm

netwolf wrote:This has been a poorly officiated game at both ends. That penalty shot call was questionable and they have missed calls/let things go all over the place.

I whole-heartily concur
wondermoose
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Jamie on Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:27 pm

netwolf wrote:This has been a poorly officiated game at both ends. That penalty shot call was questionable and they have missed calls/let things go all over the place.

But afdter you award a penalty shot that is questionable, and may decide the outcome of the game, you almost have to call the cross check on Rita.
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby wondermoose on Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:29 pm

Terrible game. Not by the Penguins, but it was not run well by the officials. Absolutely attrocious and this Penguin screwing needs to be addressed. It just isn't right what teams get away with against the Penguins.
wondermoose
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby wondermoose on Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:30 pm

I'm going to kill someone. I HATE SEEING THEM LOSE THESE GAMES LATE.
wondermoose
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby netwolf on Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:30 pm

McCabe is a piece of crap. Big man goes after Crosby when he knows he isn't going to have to answer for it. What a piece of garbage.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Jamie on Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:30 pm

wondermoose wrote:Terrible game. Not by the Penguins, but it was not run well by the officials. Absolutely attrocious and this Penguin screwing needs to be addressed. It just isn't right what teams get away with against the Penguins.

I second that. I am not usually one to whine about the officiating, but the stuff that happnes at Pens games is almost ridiculous.
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby DelPen on Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:31 pm

wondermoose wrote:Terrible game. Not by the Penguins, but it was not run well by the officials. Absolutely attrocious and this Penguin screwing needs to be addressed. It just isn't right what teams get away with against the Penguins.

Some teams play better when you don't call any penalties. The Leafgs are one of those teams. It's not screwing the Pens per se when you go and call no penalties but in a game where they let everything go the goons usually win but to give them a penalty shot was bad.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Reilly on Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:33 pm

thank god they lost. All these wins had me worried about not finishing last.
Reilly

Postby topshelf on Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:34 pm

this game gave me a headache.

if you are going to call a potential game altering penalty shot, you had better keep the whistle in your mouth the rest of the game. the rita crosscheck was should have been called. if rita would have laid on the ice, it'd be no different than the cairns call. this game leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.
topshelf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby kovyman1127 on Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:37 pm

Am I the only one who thinks that guy was offside on the call that "made" the penalty shot possible.

And, on the play...didn't he shoot, THEN get tripped...I'll have to see the replay to be sure.
kovyman1127
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby FallenHero96 on Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:39 pm

it seemed to me that fleury never really got set the way he would have liked to on that penalty shot.
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby topshelf on Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:45 pm

Am I the only one who thinks that guy was offside on the call that "made" the penalty shot possible.

And, on the play...didn't he shoot, THEN get tripped...I'll have to see the replay to be sure.

i was gonna mention the offsides thing, but didn't want to stir up any trouble, lol.

he def. looked offsides, but fsp didn't show the replay enough to make a valid judgement.
topshelf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Jamie on Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:48 pm

OH well. It's off to work with a bad attitude and bitter taste in my mouth after this game. We will rebound the next game.
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pitts on Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:50 pm

kovyman1127 wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that guy was offside on the call that "made" the penalty shot possible.

The slow-mo replay cleary showed he made the perfect dive. Scuderi's stick came across his skates, then Kilger took almost a full stride, after shooting the puck before flying into the air and landing on his chest.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Stevens25 on Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:52 pm

Fleury,for as good as he's played,just stinks when it comes to stopping breakaways.
Stevens25

Postby jmh70 on Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:53 pm

This was totally forgettable. The most exciting part was the power outages.

Did LeafsTV really pull the plug on their telecast? Leaf Nation must be rioting now.
jmh70

Postby the wicked child on Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:53 pm

Did anyone else think that ref skated up to Kilger before the PS and said 'you're welcome"?

All I have to say is garage league indeed.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DrBoni on Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:05 am

topshelf wrote:

i was gonna mention the offsides thing, but didn't want to stir up any trouble, lol.

he def. looked offsides, but fsp didn't show the replay enough to make a valid judgement.

Nah, he was definitely onsides.

The penalty shot was pretty questionable though.
DrBoni
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby skullman80 on Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:25 am

Just got back from the game....

1. The Power outages. Jesus Christ, just tear the Igloo down and get it over with. Two outages. It was funny at first, but after a while it just shows how badly a new arena is needed.

2. Playoff Atmosphere-- The crows was 60/40 Pens...maybe even 50/50. Lots of Leafie fans there, but it made it fun. Duel chants, just intensity from both sides. Felt like a playoff game, hasn't felt that way in a while.

3. Fleury -- Once again outstanding. Made quite a few draw jopping glove saves. The kid needs to work on his PS and SO's though. That is his one glaring weakness. I cringed when I saw that TO got a penalty shot.

4. Penalty Shot -- Yeah, it was a bit iffy, but you gotta make that call. I really didn't have a problem with it. Kilger just made a beauty of a shot stick side on Fleury.

5. Effort -- Both the Pens and Leafs put forth a stellar effort and you got a great game....even though it ended 1-0.

6. Refs -- I liked that the refs let everyone play. Good hard work along the boards, not to many penalties called to break up the flow, only called if it was blatant.

Just a great game to be at. Yeah the Pens lost, but that is what a hockey game is supposed to be. Great atmosphere and a great game.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby BurghThing on Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:39 am

Just got back. All the people hanging on Gonchar's nutsack lately better wake up. Tonight we saw the real Gonchar again. A pitiful performance for someone who's raping us to the tune of $5M a year.

2 things the Pens need to work on. First they need to learn that whenever there is contact from behind, drop to the ice like you've been shot and just lay there until the penalty is called. Then skate back to the bench and play your next shift. I'm sick and F'ing tired of seeing this **** get called ONE WAY and ONE WAY only all year.

Secondly, since it is fine with the league to abuse other teams players ONCE THE GAME IS OVER, we need to try it. I wonder if the Drunk would enjoy a Orpik elbow to the mouth at the 20:00 mark of the third on Tuesday? Maybe have someone take out Alfreddson's knees at the same time?
BurghThing
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

my vocabulary expands...

Postby penny lane on Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:31 pm

BurghThing wrote:Just got back. All the people hanging on Gonchar's nutsack lately better wake up. Tonight we saw the real Gonchar again. A pitiful performance for someone who's raping us to the tune of $5M a year.=quote"]

Some things are just better said from a man's point...some :wink:

Secondly, since it is fine with the league to abuse other teams players ONCE THE GAME IS OVER, we need to try it. I wonder if the Drunk :?: would enjoy a Orpik elbow to the mouth at the 20:00 mark of the third on Tuesday? Maybe have someone take out Alfreddson's knees at the same time?

who is this for Ottawa?
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: my vocabulary expands...

Postby Fast B on Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:34 pm

penny lane wrote:
BurghThing wrote:Just got back. All the people hanging on Gonchar's nutsack lately better wake up. Tonight we saw the real Gonchar again. A pitiful performance for someone who's raping us to the tune of $5M a year.=quote"]

Some things are just better said from a man's point...some :wink:

Secondly, since it is fine with the league to abuse other teams players ONCE THE GAME IS OVER, we need to try it. I wonder if the Drunk :?: would enjoy a Orpik elbow to the mouth at the 20:00 mark of the third on Tuesday? Maybe have someone take out Alfreddson's knees at the same time?

who is this for Ottawa?

He probably means Heatley.
Fast B
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby ville5 on Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:14 am

This is for the boys for a hard fought, disappointing game:
ville5
AHL'er
AHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins