Malkin's dad blames agents; adresses rumor of EM car crash

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Malkin's dad blames agents; adresses rumor of EM car crash

Postby Tomas on Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:23 am

From "Sport-Express" daily:
http://www.sport-express.ru/art.shtml?140729

Vladimir MALKIN: " About the VICTORY MARRYING HAS learned IN France "

As Evgenie Malkin has appeared is unattainable not only for heads of the club, but also for journalists, yesterday interview "SE" were given by its father - Vladimir Malkin.

- The son have already congratulated?

- No, we with it on this theme did not talk yet. The matter is that it together with the girlfriend has departed to have a rest to France. Most likely, it already about all knows. And we shall try to congratulate it in the near future.

- How have learned about Evgenie's victory?

- From television news. However, I do not know, with what otryvom it has won. Speak, behind a clear advantage? Then its victory is even more prestigious. As this trophy the second year gets to the Russian player successively. It would be desirable, that this tradition proceeded and further. I do not know, how it will turn out in the future season, but I hope, that in couple of years a prize of the best beginner one more pupil of "Metallurgist" - will win Nikolay Kulemin.

- Why Evgenie has not gone to Toronto personally to be present at ceremony of rewarding?

- Me if it is fair, it and most has surprised. It, probably, too has late learned about when there will pass ceremony of rewarding, and permits to France has taken in advance. Probably, its agents somewhere have underfulfilled. I think, faults most Marry in it is not present. Simply so there were circumstances. Certainly, it is a little insulting, that the son was not present on delivery of prizes. By telefragments of ceremony, the atmosphere was very celebratory, solemn. No, all the same it was necessary to the Wife to go. I believe, it and itself now is upset, that has not visited Toronto.

- Speak, during rest in Magnitogorsk Evgenie has broken "Mercedes"?

- Marrying here it is perfect at anything. It has allowed to take for a ride in a car to the comrade who and has substituted it. Kindness of the son has brought. But now it has received a lesson on the future.
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DelPen on Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:01 am

So Malkin went on a booty call to France (where he may be proposing to his girlfirend) instead of the awards show? I think his priorities are in line just fine :D
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Jasmine on Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:09 am

Sorry, I'm not good at this . . . Evgeni crashed a Mercedes on his way to get married in France and didn't care about the rookie award?! :shock:
Jasmine
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:26 am

So now he is learning French instead of English? What a no talent bum.

:wink:
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby magnum on Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:25 pm

Tomas, any chance you can make better sense out of this than I can? :lol: :lol: Maybe it's the factI slept in and the brain is functioning on fumes.
magnum
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby penny lane on Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:34 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:So now he is learning French instead of English? What a no talent bum.

:wink:

Mon Dieu... :!:

Geno, Geno, Geno!

ps~at the awards thought coach Therrien was calling him jimmy. :)
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Ginger on Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:47 pm

Jasmine wrote:Sorry, I'm not good at this . . . Evgeni crashed a Mercedes on his way to get married in France and didn't care about the rookie award?! :shock:

Hopefully Tomas can correct me if I'm wrong, but what I got out of that translation was that Evgeni & his girlfriend were already on their way to France & didn't know of his win.

>It, probably, too has late learned about when there will pass ceremony of rewarding, and permits to France has taken in advance.<
(??)

So his father learned of it on TV & told Evgeni, who will at some later date, send his acceptance for the honor. Just damn him to hell for wanting to spend a vacation (or get married) while back home & not just hopping a plane for half way around the world so we can watch him receive an award. :roll:

Maybe he should have waited til it was alright with us before enjoying a much deserved vacation with his girlfriend?
Ginger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby EagleMorph on Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:29 pm

To add to all of this, apparently Evgeni's father believes that Geno's agents didn't do their job in stressing the importance of showing up the awards show. That, combined with the fact that Geno had this booty call trip to France (equipped with potential marriage proposal) planned well in advance, Malkin wasn't able to make it to Canada.

Also, rumors circulated about Geno being in a car crash where his Mercedes was totaled, but apparently his father cleared that up with an explanation that Geno lent the vehicle to a friend and the friend wrecked it.

The drama continues. :lol:
EagleMorph
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby PenguinDouger on Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:26 pm

EagleMorph wrote:To add to all of this, apparently Evgeni's father believes that Geno's agents didn't do their job in stressing the importance of showing up the awards show. That, combined with the fact that Geno had this booty call trip to France (equipped with potential marriage proposal) planned well in advance, Malkin wasn't able to make it to Canada.

Also, rumors circulated about Geno being in a car crash where his Mercedes was totaled, but apparently his father cleared that up with an explanation that Geno lent the vehicle to a friend and the friend wrecked it.

The drama continues. :lol:

The Baby Penguin soap opera...coming to a sports station near you.

Hopefully he is a good driver...I guess Sid is =)
PenguinDouger

Postby gregor on Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:28 pm

I think you're messing up the whole marriage thing.

Marrying is how Malkin's name sometimes comes out in the translation.
gregor
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby SOH on Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:41 pm

He also mentions "the Wife" too though.
SOH

Postby Southern Fan on Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:48 pm

If he learns French, he can communicate with at least part of the team.
Southern Fan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Tomas on Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:15 am

gregor wrote:I think you're messing up the whole marriage thing.

Marrying is how Malkin's name sometimes comes out in the translation.

You are totally right - the word "Malkin" has apparently something to do with "marrying" in Russian, and the computer software sometimes translates it like that.

As far as I understood from the original article:

- Malkin was in France during the NHL awards vacationing with his girlfriend. No marriage, just vacation.
- His dad says he himself was a little surprised Evgeni was not in Toronto.
Says that Evgeni "definitely must have found out too late about the ceremonies" - at which point he already had the travel permits for France arranged. The dad thinks EM should not be blamed. Instead, his agents must have messed up something.
- And, Malkin's Mercedes was indeed crashed. But, acoring to Malkin's dad it was some Evgeni's friend who did it.
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby netwolf on Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:24 am

I have a feeling that if Evgeni had been on hand to receive the Calder trophy, the complaints of him not being there would have been replaced with complaints over him not knowing more english than "Thank you very much."
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Tomas on Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:59 am

netwolf wrote:I have a feeling that if Evgeni had been on hand to receive the Calder trophy, the complaints of him not being there would have been replaced with complaints over him not knowing more english than "Thank you very much."

Well, they call him lazy even in Russia now! :)

http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/default.asp?id=261792
Our people on "Trofi" do not go?
Paul Lysenkov

HOCKEY. NHL
CEREMONY OF REWARDING OF THE BEST HOCKEY PLAYERS OF LEAGUE

Russians Evgenie Malkin and Paul Datsyuk have ignored the prestigious ceremony organized by NHL, amicably not having arrived in Toronto. What it is disrespect for league or banal laziness, unwillingness to fly through polmira behind well-deserved rewards?

I think, that the second. The sea, the sun, a beach, a chaise lounge, and can, ruins of the Collosseo, the Italian small restaurant, on city night, the Roman vacation … went down And here – to throw all and again to fly to Northern America which for all season has had time to bother worse a bitter radish? Again to climb in boiling crowd of journalists which will bother you with identical questions? For this purpose it is necessary to possess irrepressible energy Sashi Ovechkina, which in the past to year motanulsja – not in Toronto, and in general to Vancouver, on the edge of light. Because « Kolder Trofi » as has told Ovechkin (esteem its interview on p. 4), give only times in a life. For it it is very important. For Malkin a recognition the best beginner of league – probably, not the brightest event of year. Though in the first dialogue with the turned up journalist Marrying the return will tell. Approximately in such spirit: « It for me very honourable award. To receive it it is prestigious. And it not only my success, but also all Russia. Thanks league, that have recognized me ». But words are not supported by business.

"Lady Bing Trofi" – in general the consolatory award as many hockey players consider. If Datsyuk have awarded "Heart Trofi" as Crosby, it for certain would arrive in Toronto. And here – « it that, in honour of the wife of Mr. Bin? » – Paul has joked somehow. And anybody in America does not take offence at it. There in general to such things concern loyally. Nobody will criticize Malkin with Datsyuk in press, accusing in disrespect for the organization which has allowed them unique chance to be engaged in favourite business for greater money. Will already not abuse because players – Europeans, and ceremony passes in Northern America.

The award for the hockey players leave to receive general managers. And trophies will hand over to winners at the first opportunity – for example, before the beginning of the first match "reguljarki". Between execution of a hymn and vbrosom washers. Malkin (or Datsyuk) will be rolled out on the center of a platform "Mellon Arena" (or « Dzho the Arena Luis »), will shake hands with the managing director, will take a prize under a mousy and will bring it on a bench spare. Also it is not necessary a superfluous pomp.

In general it in character and Malkin, and Datsyuk which do not love around of itself a sensation, and each interview from them is pulled out by ticks. What, could not Marrying to transfer for a week a trip to the Europe? Certainly, could. On « Kolder Trofi » it nominated, by the way, in April. It was necessary to wait for the beginning of ceremony. But summer vacations have already begun, and to break the schedule for the sake of solemn evening … it would not be desirable. Laziness. And in Russia precisely will not condemn.

Though if to present, that somebody from cine winners was not on ceremony "Oscar" …
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby tjand72 on Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:30 am

I like the Oscar line. Nice little quip there.
tjand72
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Tico Rick on Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:48 am

So the only people who think Malkin should have been at the ceremony are me, edog, Malkin's dad, Ovechkin, and the Russian press. Okay. :shock:
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Easton on Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:52 am

If I already have a planned trip to France with my girlfriend, I'm not showing up either. That's a moot point though...as I'd never go to France.
Easton
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby emptyfriend on Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:58 am

Tico Rick wrote:So the only people who think Malkin should have been at the ceremony are me, edog, Malkin's dad, Ovechkin, and the Russian press. Okay. :shock:

I bet Sid wishes that Geno was there too.......
emptyfriend
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jasmine on Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:32 am

Tico Rick wrote:
So the only people who think Malkin should have been at the ceremony are me, edog, Malkin's dad, Ovechkin, and the Russian press. Okay.

No, you could add most all hockey people to that list, TR. The Awards ceremony not only is a once in a lifetime honor, it was not a surprise. Seems like the best young hockey player in the world could have planned his fun trip on any other week in the summer. Then again, it's surely not for me to set priorities for the young Russian. As long as he puts points on the board for the Penguins, I am completely happy! :)
Jasmine
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jasmine on Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:35 am

Thank you, Tomas, as always for keeping us posted (and helping with the translations)! :D You are much appreciated!!!!
Jasmine
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby bill from turtle creek on Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:55 pm

Tico Rick wrote:So the only people who think Malkin should have been at the ceremony are me, edog, Malkin's dad, Ovechkin, and the Russian press. Okay. :shock:

Me too. I know he's a kid, but if he doesn't know English by the time he gets over here, and/or is not in shape for camp, then I think there's a potential problem with the kid's priorities. He can do all the booty calls he wants in the off-season, if some of you want to call this situation to be that, as there is plenty of time to do it. It's an issue if it continues.
bill from turtle creek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby gregor on Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:50 pm

Tomas wrote:In general it in character and Malkin, and Datsyuk which do not love around of itself a sensation, and each interview from them is pulled out by ticks.

now that's funny!!!

:lol:
gregor
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Easton on Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:05 pm

bill from turtle creek wrote:

Me too. I know he's a kid, but if he doesn't know English by the time he gets over here, and/or is not in shape for camp, then I think there's a potential problem with the kid's priorities. He can do all the booty calls he wants in the off-season, if some of you want to call this situation to be that, as there is plenty of time to do it. It's an issue if it continues.

Now THAT I can agree with. He needs to at least know some english when next year rolls around - and he needs to fill out his frame a bit too.
Easton
AHL'er
AHL'er

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins