The Dive of the Game...

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

The Dive of the Game...

Postby NIN on Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:00 am

Hard to beleive but the old Dive of the Game thread is still getting hits! This one is for the Toronto game sunday night. Blackout bloody blackout.

Tucker had a couple of grand dives but the ref did'nt bite and he ingored the lame-ass dive penalty and rightly so. Kilger exaggerated Scuds trip but it was going to be called a trip anyways. I would have liked to have seen the so-called dive rule called there but naturally they did'nt because Toronto is trying to make the playoffs. We can't have that. Why oh why won't they just get rid of that rule because it so lame that the refs are too embarrassed to call it because it could be called 6 times a game! Bettman is a disgrace.

Anyways this games Floppa Award has to go to Koltsov. This may be his 30th succussful dive of the season and it was typical Koltsov. Late in the 1st period the puck was being moved out but the edgy Koltsov was in front of the net and looking to skate out past McCabe. McCabe was entitled to the ice he was standing in and he had every right to stick a mit out there in Kolts face. Koltsov, being a quiet hard working sort, lost his edge and flailed to the ice. He got his team a power play out of nothing.

Great work Koltsov!!

VIVA LE REVOLUTION!!!
NIN

Postby Jim on Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:19 am

The dive of the game was DEFINATELY Kilger's penality shot drawing perfect Olympic 10 dive. Prone stick hits one skate... gets kicked away... and THEN Kilger is LAUNCHED up into the air, skates flying up to about crossbar level. Ummm... yeah... ummm... It must have been that invisable guy that closelined him from behing that launched him like that.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby ExPatriatePen on Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:21 am

Jim wrote:The dive of the game was DEFINATELY Kilger's penality shot drawing perfect Olympic 10 dive. Prone stick hits one skate... gets kicked away... and THEN Kilger is LAUNCHED up into the air, skates flying up to about crossbar level. Ummm... yeah... ummm... It must have been that invisable guy that closelined him from behing that launched him like that.

Hey,, give him credit, it was perfectly executed Fosberry Flop. :-)
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby Mad City Mike on Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:38 am

I say it was Ondrus' accordion act when Cairs hit him. he actyed like he had a broken neck or something, but didn't even miss a shift.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Admin on Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:35 am

Jim wrote:The dive of the game was DEFINATELY Kilger's penality shot drawing perfect Olympic 10 dive.

Seriously, it was like the famous Bobby Orr Stanley Cup picture.

Lame dive. Lame penalty shot call. Lame penalty shot goaltending.

Fleury really needs to work on his shootout/penalty shot/breakaway goaltending. He's not so hot at it.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mad City Mike on Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:16 pm

Admin wrote:
Jim wrote:The dive of the game was DEFINATELY Kilger's penality shot drawing perfect Olympic 10 dive.

Seriously, it was like the famous Bobby Orr Stanley Cup picture.

Lame dive. Lame penalty shot call. Lame penalty shot goaltending.

Fleury really needs to work on his shootout/penalty shot/breakaway goaltending. He's not so hot at it.

His problem is he always makes the first move, and that's a no-no for a goalie. he is certainly athletic enough to react to moves the shooter is making, rather than being aggressive.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Jim on Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:19 pm

Maybe he just sucks! It's CP's fault!

HA!

MAF seems to be an enigma. You never know what the heck is going to happen.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby NIN on Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:43 pm

Mad City Mike wrote:I say it was Ondrus' accordion act when Cairs hit him. he actyed like he had a broken neck or something, but didn't even miss a shift.

I think it was a dive too. I went back and watched it again and he knew he was going to be hit from behind. I don't know if he knew it would be Cairns doing the hitting however and the result was more then he bargained for. Still that was a ballsy dive and I'll give him honorable mention for sure.
NIN

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins