Interesting fact on the Toronto game

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Interesting fact on the Toronto game

Postby ExPatriatePen on Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:41 am

http://torontosun.com/Sports/Hockey/200 ... 7-sun.html

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, the win by the Leafs marked the first 1-0 decision in team history achieved by a penalty shot goal. Chad Kilger scored with 6:51 to play, in a game halted twice by power failures at the Mellon Arena.

The only other NHL game in history to end in similar fashion also involved the Leafs. That was Jan. 16, 1936, when Bert Connelly of the New York Rangers beat Leafs goalie George Hainsworth on a penalty shot on January 16, 1936 at Madison Square Garden.

Kilger also became the first Leaf in a decade to score a penalty shot on the road. Mats Sundin beat Arturs Irbe of the Sharks on March 15, 1995.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby ExPatriatePen on Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:43 am

Sorry about the link to the ad above... it won't let me go back and edit it out. Apologies.

Admin showed me where my edit button was hidding... :-)

Now if he'd just help me fine my car keys....
Last edited by ExPatriatePen on Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby Jim on Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:56 am

Slacker!
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins