Unofficial Crosby vs. Alfredsson Thread

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby netwolf on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:39 pm

What did Roy do to get a misconduct? 3rd man in on the Surovy fight?
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,377
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:04 am

Postby 68forever on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:41 pm

Reilly wrote:Why isn't Norgren playing? Why does CP trade for players that don't even get ice time?


Do you really want to go there on this board? I'm sure someone will be glad to answer that one for you if your sure you want that answer again? :lol: :wink:
68forever
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,109
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:42 am
Location: Montoursville, PA

Postby NIN on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:42 pm

Reilly wrote:Why isn't Norgren playing? Why does CP trade for players that don't even get ice time?


Because if they win the Caldur Cup the price of the franchise goes /\.

Nordgren is just a body to take Recchi's place for the less important NHL club. It's all about keeping cost low and making the future look as bright as possible. Everything else is secondry. They have run it like this for a few years now.
NIN
 

Postby NIN on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:43 pm

dman66 wrote:
NIN wrote:
Fast B wrote:Maybe I'm just old-fashioned, but I'd go head-hunting here. Old time hockey.


I am looking forward to some more fights. Roy especially. Hopefully he can rock and roll!! :evil:


DAVE'S A KILLER!

dave's a mess...


Who is Dave?
NIN
 

Postby SportsFan on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:43 pm

netwolf wrote:What did Roy do to get a misconduct? 3rd man in on the Surovy fight?


Because he is Andre Roy and is a waste of a roster spot.
SportsFan
 

Postby dman66 on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:44 pm

NIN wrote:
dman66 wrote:
NIN wrote:
Fast B wrote:Maybe I'm just old-fashioned, but I'd go head-hunting here. Old time hockey.


I am looking forward to some more fights. Roy especially. Hopefully he can rock and roll!! :evil:


DAVE'S A KILLER!

dave's a mess...


Who is Dave?


Dave "The Killer" Carlson
dman66
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,785
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:04 pm
Location: Dahntahn Baltimore, MD

Postby dagny on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:45 pm

Y'know... they've played some pretty good teams since the trade deadline, and they've held their own in a way we haven't seen all season. This is the first time since the deadline I've seen them actually look intimidated. The sticking together is great, 'n all... really, I'm glad to see it, but game play... mental toughness... just not there in this one. It's a shame, because these guys, had they stayed out of the box, had a better than great shot at taking this game.

Oh well... til next time...
Let's Go Pens!!!

:D
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,670
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:06 pm
Location: 68 who?

Postby NIN on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:45 pm

dman66 wrote:
NIN wrote:
dman66 wrote:
NIN wrote:
Fast B wrote:Maybe I'm just old-fashioned, but I'd go head-hunting here. Old time hockey.


I am looking forward to some more fights. Roy especially. Hopefully he can rock and roll!! :evil:


DAVE'S A KILLER!

dave's a mess...


Who is Dave?


Dave "The Killer" Carlson


OHHH the ref. Yeah what was that line from Slapshot? "Too much. Too soon." :lol:
NIN
 

Postby jmh70 on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:48 pm

Props to Surovy for being useful for a change.
jmh70
 

Postby FallenHero96 on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:49 pm

NIN wrote:
dman66 wrote:
NIN wrote:
Fast B wrote:Maybe I'm just old-fashioned, but I'd go head-hunting here. Old time hockey.


I am looking forward to some more fights. Roy especially. Hopefully he can rock and roll!! :evil:


DAVE'S A KILLER!

dave's a mess...


Who is Dave?


Dave? ........... ...... Dave's not here.
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,635
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:39 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Postby netwolf on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:53 pm

jmh70 wrote:Props to Surovy for being useful for a change.


Surovy was 1 assist away from a Gordie Howe hat trick. What are the odds?

I give him a lot of credit for going after Meszaros. Neither guys is really a fighter, but Surovy didn't even appear to hesitate. Seeing a guy like that do something like that speaks to the state of the room. It won't turn anything around overnight, but is a good step in the right direction.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,377
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:04 am

Postby 68forever on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:56 pm

netwolf wrote:
jmh70 wrote:Props to Surovy for being useful for a change.


Surovy was 1 assist away from a Gordie Howe hat trick. What are the odds?

I give him a lot of credit for going after Meszaros. Neither guys is really a fighter, but Surovy didn't even appear to hesitate. Seeing a guy like that do something like that speaks to the state of the room. It won't turn anything around overnight, but is a good step in the right direction.


At this point anything seems to be a good step in the right direction, once you hit rock bottom the only place left to go is up....... I seemed to have missed the official announcement about it being another rebuilding yr so I think this is good.
68forever
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,109
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:42 am
Location: Montoursville, PA

Postby Steve Latin on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:56 pm

Can we get a real answer on why Roy got a misconduct towards the end of the game?

Terrible, one-sided, homer-Canadien officiating this entire game.
Steve Latin
 

Postby topshelf on Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:01 pm

Those Sens are a real class act. First the comments by Alfredsson [who himself hasn't had a Hall Of Fame career], then the remarks by the local media, and then the gutless intent to injure by Mezaros. But I'm sure we'll be the bad guys in the media tomorrow for Cairns' spear.
topshelf
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,595
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Florida

Postby topshelf on Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:03 pm

Here is Cairns' penalty rundown:

5:00 for spearing
5:00 for fighting
10:00 misconduct
[Plus!] 2 x 10:00 game misconduct

How do you get two game misconducts?
topshelf
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,595
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Florida

Postby 68forever on Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:04 pm

[quote="Steve Latin"]Can we get a real answer on why Roy got a misconduct towards the end of the game?

ESPN just says 10min game misconduct at the same time as Surovy and Meszaros(sp) other player not identified so no one seems to know.............maybe we can find out in the papers tomorrow. :lol:
68forever
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,109
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:42 am
Location: Montoursville, PA

Postby netwolf on Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:05 pm

topshelf wrote:Here is Cairns' penalty rundown:

5:00 for spearing
5:00 for fighting
10:00 misconduct
[Plus!] 2 x 10:00 game misconduct

How do you get two game misconducts?


That was a new one on me too. Makes as much sense a criminals getting more than one life sentence, right?

My guess is 1 was for the spear, 1 for leaving the bench but not heading directly for the lockerroom.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,377
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:04 am

Postby 68forever on Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:06 pm

How do you get two game misconducts?[/quote]


My ? too is it even possible and what do the rules and league say about how and why this can happen.
68forever
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,109
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:42 am
Location: Montoursville, PA

Postby netwolf on Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:06 pm

68forever wrote:
Steve Latin wrote:Can we get a real answer on why Roy got a misconduct towards the end of the game?


ESPN just says 10min game misconduct at the same time as Surovy and Meszaros(sp) other player not identified so no one seems to know.............maybe we can find out in the papers tomorrow. :lol:


It would almost have to be a 3rd man in wouldn't it? I don't remember seeing that though. Maybe Roy tried to start another fight while that one was going on?
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,377
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:04 am

Postby Henry Hank on Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:07 pm

Good game by Surovy tonight. He buried a chance for a rare goal, played physical, and stood up for Crosby. That hit on Crosby definitely was an intent to injure. I'm not one to complain about the officials, but it's tough watching these games recently and seeing us get questionable major calls against us, and something like that simply gets a minor. That's weak.

The Pens beat themselves tonight. Too many penalties, and three special teams goals allowed. They failed to take advantage of the power plays they had. Caron didn't have a chance on most of those goals, but he failed to make the big save. I'd say Meszaro's second goal was pretty soft.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,480
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:31 pm

Postby netwolf on Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:14 pm

Henry Hank wrote:it's tough watching these games recently and seeing us get questionable major calls against us, and something like that simply gets a minor. That's weak.


Agreed, but unfortunately that what happens when a top team plays a bottom team. It shouldn't work that way, but I think everyone knows it does factor in.

Knowing that doesn't make it suck any less though.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,377
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:04 am

Postby jmh70 on Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:47 pm

Gonchar is indefensible. Having one good game out of every 6-8 games is not good enough when he is responsible for at least 1 GA each game. It's obvious that he is just phoning it in at this point.
jmh70
 

Postby jmh70 on Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:58 pm

BTW Crosby was credited with an assist on the Surovy goal.
jmh70
 

Postby Reilly on Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:44 am

Steve Latin wrote:Can we get a real answer on why Roy got a misconduct towards the end of the game?

Terrible, one-sided, homer-Canadien officiating this entire game.


Andre Roy received a 10-minute misconduct for debating that point with the referees.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06081/674521.stm
Reilly
 

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: blurryhaze312, CERV96, Cu11en, darkstar57, Fast B, Great58, Mad City Mike, sj?, the wicked child and 36 guests


e-mail