Unofficial Crosby vs. Alfredsson Thread

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby 68forever on Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:58 pm

jmh70 wrote:6-9 Chara fell like a sack of bricks when Crosby hooked him on the arms, but Crosby is still the diver. That's fair.

The bigger they are the harder they fall and all that
68forever
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby NIN on Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:59 pm

jmh70 wrote:6-9 Chara fell like a sack of bricks when Crosby hooked him on the arms, but Crosby is still the diver. That's fair.

That's my dive of the game so far. Props to Koltsov but if your 6'9" and draw a dive when a 5'11" players rests the stick near you, that takes talent! His flop in the Cairns fight was even better! What a guy.
NIN

Postby netwolf on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:01 pm

NIN wrote:
netwolf wrote:Versatility is great. Playing one of your best players out of position when you don't have to isn't versatile though, it's stupid. And it's even more so when you are taking that player away from a position he is better at and you as an organization are weak at.

sigh :roll:

What? Are you saying you think it makes sense to play the two of them together in spite of the fact that:

1: Both are natural centermen.
2: Crosby has proven to be way more effective in the middle.
3: Malkin acquitted himself very well in the middle with and against NHL players.
4: The team has no other natural centermen on the current roster.
5: The only guys in the minors that have a reasonable shot at a center job next year are Christensen and Talbot.
6: It would be easier for opposing teams to defend the Pens if their two best players are on the ice at the same time, almost all the time?

Versatility is nice, but not so nice that it offsets all of that. Ian Moran was versatile too.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Reilly on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:02 pm

Oh, I'm sure I'm late on this, but I don't like Crosby on the point. I know the season is lost and there's no reason not to experiment, but yeah...
Reilly

Postby DelPen on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:03 pm

netwolf wrote:
NIN wrote:
netwolf wrote:Versatility is great. Playing one of your best players out of position when you don't have to isn't versatile though, it's stupid. And it's even more so when you are taking that player away from a position he is better at and you as an organization are weak at.

sigh :roll:

What? Are you saying you think it makes sense to play the two of them together in spite of the fact that:

1: Both are natural centermen.
2: Crosby has proven to be way more effective in the middle.
3: Malkin acquitted himself very well in the middle with and against NHL players.
4: The team has no other natural centermen on the current roster.
5: The only guys in the minors that have a reasonable shot at a center job next year are Christensen and Talbot.
6: It would be easier for opposing teams to defend the Pens if their two best players are on the ice at the same time, almost all the time?

Versatility is nice, but not so nice that it offsets all of that. Ian Moran was versatile too.

Come on, Pittsburgh won two Cups playing Francis and Mario togethter on the same line and the Avs won as well playing Sakic and Forsberg together all the time. :lol:
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby netwolf on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:03 pm

Reilly wrote:
netwolf wrote:
Reilly wrote:
Jesse wrote:Chara has shut down Crosby all night.

More like Crosby has been in the box all night.

If by all night you mean 4 minutes.

you can read a stat sheet. Congrats!

Thank you! That does take away from you point though, does it not?
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby 68forever on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:04 pm

What is it with us getting all these looooooong penalties, I have to admit I'm not good with the rules but this is the 2nd time in what 7 games we've had to kill these long penalties are we really that bad or what??
68forever
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby netwolf on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:04 pm

DelPen wrote:Come on, Pittsburgh won two Cups playing Francis and Mario togethter on the same line and the Avs won as well playing Sakic and Forsberg together all the time. :lol:

Me thinks thou hast selective memory. :wink:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby NIN on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:05 pm

netwolf wrote:Versatility is great.

That is my point. Understand? That is all I was saying. That's it. Not saying this guy should play here because they only have that or this or whatever. All I am saying is that versitility is great and judging by thihs qoute so do you. Let's all move on now. Thank you for the information you provided on this non-topic. I don't know what I would do if you did'nt point out that both Crosby and Malkin are natural centers. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
NIN

Postby NIN on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:07 pm

Reilly wrote:Oh, I'm sure I'm late on this, but I don't like Crosby on the point. I know the season is lost and there's no reason not to experiment, but yeah...

It's best to keep moving him around on the power play in my opinion. he can be effective from anywhere, he will switch low later on im sure.
NIN

Postby dagny on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:07 pm

Can somebody please explain to me why Chara only has to sit out for 15 minutes? Thanks in advance.
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby dman66 on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:09 pm

where was that spear, anyway? thar be an ottawa goal, this games gonna get real interesting once the penalty is done
dman66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Reilly on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:10 pm

Can someone tell me how many PIM's Cairns got? OLN guys are saying 40.
Reilly

Postby 68forever on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:11 pm

dman66 wrote:where was that spear, anyway? thar be an ottawa goal, this games gonna get real interesting once the penalty is done
they say it happened right after Chara hit Cairnes, Cairnes suppossedly did it then but you can't see it from the tv angle
68forever
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby NIN on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:11 pm

:lol: Who taught Hilbert how to shot block? Was it you Netwolf? :?:
NIN

Postby dagny on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:14 pm

68forever wrote:
dman66 wrote:where was that spear, anyway? thar be an ottawa goal, this games gonna get real interesting once the penalty is done
they say it happened right after Chara hit Cairnes, Cairnes suppossedly did it then but you can't see it from the tv angle

It was hard to see, because it happened when Cairns was bent down, and the rest of the guys were surrounding them. It was before you got a good look at Cairns, right after attention turned from Roy, right before ( I think) Chara hit Cairns. But don't quote me... :shock: :D
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby NIN on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:14 pm

WOW :shock: Rita has to call for that puck.
NIN

Postby 68forever on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:16 pm

is it me or do they look really slow, disorganized and kinda awkward tonight, almost like they are uncomfortable with each other or something I don't know just not the same team from a couple of games ago.
68forever
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby dman66 on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:18 pm

goooooooooooooooooalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!

surovy!
dman66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby NIN on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:21 pm

That was an awesome play by Crosby. Just phenominal. Great anticipation and lightning fast hands moved that puck to Surovy wide open in front. I hope he got credit for the assist there.
NIN

Postby dagny on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:22 pm

Gosh... I just get tingles when Melichar decides to play physical... YEAH!
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby NIN on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:23 pm

dman66 wrote:goooooooooooooooooalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!

surovy!

Are you watching the OLN feed?
NIN

Postby BJL on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:24 pm

Apparently... at least according to the scorers in Ottawa... that puck magically jumped onto Surovy's stick. No assist credited to Crosby.
BJL
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby netwolf on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:25 pm

NIN wrote::lol: Who taught Hilbert how to shot block? Was it you Netwolf? :?:

Yeah. Untalented guys like me have to find other ways to contribute. :wink:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby netwolf on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:26 pm

Reilly wrote:Can someone tell me how many PIM's Cairns got? OLN guys are saying 40.

Yahoo is also showing 40: 5 for fighting, 5 for spearing, a 10 minute misconduct and TWO game misconducts. :shock:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins