More of the same next season...

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby Jim on Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:43 pm

Tocchet wrote: decried the signing of Gonchar immediately after it was announced. That money would have been MUCH better served signing an elite winger or defenseman, or a couple of mid-level veterans at center, wing and defense.

Ummm... he did use the Gonchar money to sign an elite level defensemen, Gonchar.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Tocchet on Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:46 pm

Gonchar isn't an elite defenseman -- he's an elite floater who scores from the backline, exactly what the porous Pittsburgh Penguins did not need.
Tocchet
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Mango Salsa on Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:10 pm

Tocchet wrote:
For my money I'd rather have Palffy and Kovalev minus Gonchar. Kovy can man the point on the PP better than Gonch.

DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I decried the signing of Gonchar immediately after it was announced. That money would have been MUCH better served signing an elite winger or defenseman, or a couple of mid-level veterans at center, wing and defense.

Come to think of it... theoretically we coulda had Kovy and resigned Roszival for just a little more than Gonch will make next year. *sigh*
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jim on Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:49 pm

One of the best moves the Penguins made was letting Roszival go... I do not know why they would want to resign him.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Batman21 on Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:45 pm

Jesse wrote:Palffy will come out of retirement next year and play for the kings.

Thanks, but we are trying to get out of the "constantly injured forward" business out here. Demitra and Bure have assumed that role.
Batman21
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby wondermoose on Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:01 pm

Jim wrote:One of the best moves the Penguins made was letting Roszival go... I do not know why they would want to resign him.

Just an FYI, Roszival is second in the league in +/- so I wouldn't exactly call it the best move we've ever made. Can you honestly say that you would rather have Odeline or Melichar over Roszival?
wondermoose
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby NIN on Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:07 pm

wondermoose wrote:
Jim wrote:One of the best moves the Penguins made was letting Roszival go... I do not know why they would want to resign him.

Just an FYI, Roszival is second in the league in +/- so I wouldn't exactly call it the best move we've ever made. Can you honestly say that you would rather have Odeline or Melichar over Roszival?

I aint sure but I think it would have cost 1 million to keep Rozival. After they blew all their money on Gonchar they needed to fill roster spots with 2 lame asses instead of on more expensive lame ass. Enter Odelin and Poapst. Exit Rozival.

Rozival is one of the nicest guys I have ever met in my life. He skates pretty well for a big guy and he is a righty shot (<<<this is perhaps why he will remain in the NHL), and doesnt mind the physical game. Other than that he is just awful as far as NHL standards go. I couldnt be happier for him and I hope he goes on to make 10 million a season. I am just glad that all 3 of those above mentioned players are gone. I can't wait for Welch and Letang to arrive.
NIN

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins