The Jackwipe Edition of The Morning After

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby BurghThing on Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:02 pm

FlyerNation wrote:Now you know why I've hated the Sens for so long.

I have actively hated them since hiring that murdering drunkard.
BurghThing
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Daniel on Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:15 pm

BurghThing wrote:

If you are talking about Heatley, I thought there was no alcohol involved. I thought it was just a case of someone going too fast in a car he can't handle.
Daniel
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Ginger on Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:37 am

That's nonsense! He wasn't drunk & even Snyder's family forgave him.

Wire Story
Aug-11-04 07:11

Heatley will enter the plea on September 16, just two days before Atlanta opens training camp.

A Fulton County grand jury recently indicted Heatley on a first-degree felony charge of vehicular homicide as well as other misdemeanor charges. If the case goes to trial and Heatley is convicted on the felony charge, a sentence of between three and 15 years in prison is possible.

Last September 29, Heatley slammed his Ferrari into a wall at an estimated 80 m.p.h. and Snyder, a passenger in the car, was thrown 30 feet onto the road. He underwent surgery for a fractured skull, but never woke from his coma and died a few days later.

Heatley had been drinking earlier that night, but registered a blood-alcohol level of .01 -- well below the state's limit of .08.

Ed Garland, one of Heatley's attorneys, called the case a "tragic accident" and not a felony.

Heatley suffered a broken jaw, a minor concussion, a contusion on his lung and a bruised kidney during the crash. He underwent successful surgery to repair complete tears of the medial collateral ligament and the anterior cruciate ligament, and to repair the lateral meniscus in his right knee.

After rehabbing the injuries, Heatley returned to the ice in January. He is expected to compete in the upcoming World Cup of Hockey as a member of Team Canada.

Snyder's family has publicly supported Heatley.
http://www.fantasysportsnetwork.com/Content/WireStory.aspx?pNewsId=5177
Ginger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Daniel on Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:49 am

The whole thing was a shame, but nothing more than an accident. Heatly will pay for it the rest of his life, because of the guilt he must feel for causing his friends death.

My first instinct was that it was too buddies driving along and just goofing off and going too fast. Lost control and the rest is history. Dany was 22 and Snyder was 25.

Ironic that insurance companies considers under 25 to be a driving risk, hence the higher rates. Yet, Dany is supposed to be above that because he is a rich athlete. Kind of hypocritical, eh?
Daniel
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jamie on Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:01 am

BurghThing wrote:

Thats pretty strong words for that unfortunate situation. First, it was not murder. Second, he was not drunk. Using toothpaste or chewing tobacco/snuff can cause a reading of .01(Heatly's results) on a breath test. Snyder was killed as a result of an unfortunate traffic crash. Heatly showed poor decision making by operating a motor vehicle at such a high speed. I know that I drive in excess of the speed limit, as do a vast majority of the people on the road. If you have a crash at a speed exceeding the speed limit and cause the death of, or life threatening injuries to another, you could face the same charges as Heatly. It could happen to anyone depending on the decision of the local prosecutor. Trying to make Heatly out to be a murderer is way off base and a huge bit extreme.
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby ExPatriatePen on Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:17 am

BurghThing wrote:

Pittsburgh had their own version of Danny Heatley years ago. Fortunately there was nobody else in the car with Michel Briere at the time. Unfortunately for Briere family, he never recovered.

http://www.hockeydraftcentral.com/1969/69026.html

What Heatley was the stupid act of an youngster with a car that was much too powerful for him to handle. The Synder family holds no grudges against Danny Heatley, the recognize that what happened was an accident. That by itself, tells more about what happened than anything else.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins