The Dive of the Game...

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

The Dive of the Game...

Postby NIN on Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:01 am

Koltsov made another outstanding (<<<PUNTASTIC) dive last night. He actually started his dive BEFORE the player began to hook him. Folks, you can't teach that kind of diving, he is trully gifted and his PIM vs. EPPT (earned power play time) is the best in the league.

However, I have to give last nights Floppa Award too Zedno Chara for his dive against Crosby who merely rested the stick up towards Chara's gloves to limit his mobility when moving the puck. In fact, when Crosby seen the ref raise his arm he had only one hand on the blade and THEN Chara executed his dive.Chara had good form, this is because he worked the refs on home ice by keeping the facade that Crosby was hooking him until the climatic flop at the end. LIttle did he know he already had the call and could have easily skated away or through Crosby, he followed through and thusly gave the appearence that a 5'11" player hooked a 6'9" player to the ice with one arm.
NIN

Postby Pitts on Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:42 am

So, what's your score? I give it a 7.5. He loses points for execution in my book.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Mango Salsa on Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:23 pm

I know the penalty was for hooking but the replay clearly showed that Koltsov tripped over the defending players foot. Sorry, can't agree with you this time.
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins