The unofficial sink the Isles thread

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby Pitts on Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:42 pm

I see Welch on the powerplay!
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby NIN on Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:45 pm

Crosby makes a BRILLIANT play and sets up Hilbert with a point blank tap in! Mike Lange displayed great malice at he notion that his lady friend is willing to sell his pet monkey. I don't know what that has to do with the hockey game.

In any event the Pens are fired up over that PP goal!
NIN

Postby NIN on Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:50 pm

The Penguins went right back to work on the power play and Gonchar scored off of a WELCH rebound. His first NHL point Ties it up at 3. Nice **** shot by Welch and right place right time for Gonchar.
NIN

Postby yeltzen on Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:52 pm

Is Crosby coached to do one thing only? Specifically, make great stickhandling plays to create fantastic scoring chances... then spin around and pass to no one?
yeltzen

Postby DelPen on Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:52 pm

So far I like what I see ion Welch. If he keeps doing the smart plays but develops more confidence we will have a good defenseman on our hands.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby NIN on Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:54 pm

yeltzen wrote:Is Crosby coached to do one thing only? Specifically, make great stickhandling plays to create fantastic scoring chances... then spin around and pass to no one?

Man your incredible. DOnt you think it would help if his linemates got open while he is creating all that time and space for them? Let me guess, your Hilberts life partner.
NIN

Postby NIN on Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:56 pm

WLECH JUST MUGGED SATAN!! Prevented a one timer from a high percentage area=high slot. TREMENDOUS read.
NIN

Postby yeltzen on Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:57 pm

NIN wrote:Man your incredible. DOnt you think it would help if his linemates got open while he is creating all that time and space for them? Let me guess, your Hilberts life partner.

Maybe he could... oh, I dunno, shoot it? I'm just wondering how long the coaching staff is going to let him pass up shot after shot.
yeltzen

Postby NJ5934 on Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:58 pm

Appreciate the Welch updates guys, thanks.
NJ5934
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby NIN on Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:02 pm

NJ5934 wrote:Appreciate the Welch updates guys, thanks.

Hes been solid. Scuds is playing a fine game as well, although he is paired with Orpik. Welch is with Melichar who has been steady also. Take away the dives and the Pens would be winning 3-2.
NIN

Postby Reilly on Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:02 pm

Retire #4 to the rafters
Reilly

Postby BurghThing on Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:03 pm

yeltzen wrote:
NIN wrote:Man your incredible. DOnt you think it would help if his linemates got open while he is creating all that time and space for them? Let me guess, your Hilberts life partner.

Maybe he could... oh, I dunno, shoot it? I'm just wondering how long the coaching staff is going to let him pass up shot after shot.

Shoot the puck? What a novel idea, but thats against the Penguin philosophy, or haven't you been watching?
BurghThing
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Jamie on Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:03 pm

yeltzen wrote:Is Crosby coached to do one thing only? Specifically, make great stickhandling plays to create fantastic scoring chances... then spin around and pass to no one?

Uh call me crazy, but I think Sid knows how to play hockey...and play well. Just throwing that crazy assumption out there.
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby yeltzen on Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:05 pm

Jamie wrote:

Uh call me crazy, but I think Sid knows how to play hockey...and play well. Just throwing that crazy assumption out there.
He sure does, right until he has a scoring chance. Then he goes into "let's make a hilight reel pass" mode.
yeltzen

Postby NIN on Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:13 pm

Unbeleivable. He is DOMINATING out there and you guys are criticizing him? Based on what? No shots? In case you havent noticed that is Dipietro in net, not your neighbors kid playing in the street. If it isnt a good scoring chance he is going to stop it.

Crosby is creating those good scoring chances but Hilbert is standing there with a thumb up his ass instead of cycling or getting open in front.

Hilbert is a little ***** who hates the fron t of the net. Complain about that, not Crosby. **** morons.
NIN

Postby DelPen on Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:20 pm

Hilbert has been moved to the top line LW and during intermission he mentioned he played wing for most of his youth and playing C was a recent development. Hilbert plays good defense and has good hockey sense so hopefully he can keep with with Sid.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby dagny on Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:21 pm

netwolf wrote:I also hate how the hockey intermission shows talks about everything BUT hockey.

To those of you with Center Ice: do the other local hockey broadcasts have this same annoying habit?

I love getting the Canadian feeds! It's ALL hockey ALL the time... even down to the commercials. I love Canadian commercials! They're more raw, non PC. Things that wouldn't get by the FCC in this free country. :wink:

But, yeah... most of the NA announcers don't seem to realize there's a game going on, and the people watching want to hear game commentary, not the local chit chat; like the sale at the hardware store down the street(yes, I've listened to this, I think it was the Washington feed, while a perfectly good hockey game going on was like an afterthought).

Honestly, the Pens feed is comparably one of the best. That's how bad most of them are. :shock: :D

I'm soooooooooooo grateful when I get a Pgh. feed, because I HATE most other teams' announcers more. However, I have to deal with Don Cherry with the Canadian feeds.... YEESH :twisted: :roll: :lol:

Pick your poison! :D
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Jamie on Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:21 pm

Don't worry NIN, Yeltzen is the same guy that broke Leclair was traded to Nashville for Jorin Tootoo.
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby DelPen on Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:26 pm

DiPietro absolutely robs Hilbert on a great shot and better pass from Crosby, I'm liking Hilbert on this line.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby yeltzen on Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:27 pm

NIN wrote:Unbeleivable. He is DOMINATING out there and you guys are criticizing him? Based on what? No shots? In case you havent noticed that is Dipietro in net, not your neighbors kid playing in the street. If it isnt a good scoring chance he is going to stop it.

Crosby is creating those good scoring chances but Hilbert is standing there with a thumb up his ass instead of cycling or getting open in front.

Hilbert is a little ***** who hates the fron t of the net. Complain about that, not Crosby. **** morons.

Well at least you didn't take offense or anything.
yeltzen

Postby NIN on Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:28 pm

yeltzen wrote:
NIN wrote:Unbeleivable. He is DOMINATING out there and you guys are criticizing him? Based on what? No shots? In case you havent noticed that is Dipietro in net, not your neighbors kid playing in the street. If it isnt a good scoring chance he is going to stop it.

Well at least you didn't take offense or anything.

Sorry it's just hard to read any criticism about the kid when he is working hard and trying to find tape out there. Looks like they are starting to click now.
NIN

Postby Jamie on Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:29 pm

dagny wrote:
netwolf wrote:I also hate how the hockey intermission shows talks about everything BUT hockey.

To those of you with Center Ice: do the other local hockey broadcasts have this same annoying habit?

I love getting the Canadian feeds! It's ALL hockey ALL the time... even down to the commercials. I love Canadian commercials! They're more raw, non PC. Things that wouldn't get by the FCC in this free country. :wink:

But, yeah... most of the NA announcers don't seem to realize there's a game going on, and the people watching want to hear game commentary, not the local chit chat; like the sale at the hardware store down the street(yes, I've listened to this, I think it was the Washington feed, while a perfectly good hockey game going on was like an afterthought).

Honestly, the Pens feed is comparably one of the best. That's how bad most of them are. :shock: :D

I'm soooooooooooo grateful when I get a Pgh. feed, because I HATE most other teams' announcers more. However, I have to deal with Don Cherry with the Canadian feeds.... YEESH :twisted: :roll: :lol:

Pick your poison! :D

I would rather drink a bottle of poison than listen to Don Cherry. That guy is is a flamin @####
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby NIN on Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:30 pm

Decent backcheck by Endo even though he did lose the draw and then iced it.
NIN

Postby NIN on Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:37 pm

Welch update:

He punished a dude along the boards and then he took a heavy hit from the same player, Hunter. Then he ran over Ashame in front but it was very close to being a penalty. The puck was passing nearby but it could have been called. I like him but I think the passion of the game will find him in the box quite a bit. :o
NIN

Postby yeltzen on Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:37 pm

NIN wrote:Sorry it's just hard to read any criticism about the kid when he is working hard and trying to find tape out there. Looks like they are starting to click now.

I think I did say he was working hard. But sometimes the kid just has to take a shot instead of trying to make a spectacular pass. He has made that same play several times... the only time I remember it working was with Palffy back against Washington.
yeltzen

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins