Crosby highlight reel

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Crosby highlight reel

Postby pcm on Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:00 pm

I just discovered nhl.com's highlight machine. Can view the goals for a game or by player.

http://www.nhl.com/highlights/index.html

I just watched all 32 of Sid goals. Seriously 80% of them come from off the left goal post. Also, he scored an identical goal to last night's ot winner against montreal, with pallfy shooting down the wing. Fun stuff.

p.
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby plasticbratt on Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:05 pm

plasticbratt
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:35 pm

I thought the ice wasn't 'groomed' between the OT and the shootout?

But there at ~1:25 of the clip, it is.

Unless that was a penalty shot?
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby sj? on Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:51 pm

.... they groom down the middle between the 2 goalies about 3-4 times before the shoot out..
thats it ....
sj?
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby wondermoose on Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:36 pm

I tell you what, watching that water bottle pop in the SO against Montreal never gets old.
wondermoose
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby eberhard on Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:59 pm

wondermoose wrote:I tell you what, watching that water bottle pop in the SO against Montreal never gets old.

You're not foolin'. The only Crosby goal that can stand next to that one is the breakaway goal vs. Washington at home where he kicks the puck to himself, splits the defense up the middle, and pops the bottle with his backhand. At 18 years old. Sick. One period later he sets up Palffy with that spinning backhander from his knee. I felt lucky to be at that game.
eberhard
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby netwolf on Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:29 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:I thought the ice wasn't 'groomed' between the OT and the shootout?

They bring out the zambonis and have them do a dry cut on the middle third of the rink. It basically just gets all of the snow out of the way. No water is put down.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:32 pm

netwolf wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:I thought the ice wasn't 'groomed' between the OT and the shootout?

They bring out the zambonis and have them do a dry cut on the middle third of the rink. It basically just gets all of the snow out of the way. No water is put down.

That makes more sense to me... I thought I remembered one player as having said he didn't want to take too many chances stickhandling because the surface wasn't in the best of condition. A 'Dry Cut' makes sense in that context.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby the wicked child on Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:04 am

plasticbratt wrote:There is this also:

http://www.zippyvideos.com/220801820448 ... ideo_0003/

Dig it.

I'm digging it.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Cornfed on Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:59 pm

plasticbratt wrote:There is this also:

http://www.zippyvideos.com/220801820448 ... ideo_0003/

Dig it.

Pretty great video. The sick thing is, that's only one year of highlights. This kid is only getting better.
Cornfed

Postby Fast B on Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:15 pm

eberhard wrote:
wondermoose wrote:I tell you what, watching that water bottle pop in the SO against Montreal never gets old.

You're not foolin'. The only Crosby goal that can stand next to that one is the breakaway goal vs. Washington at home where he kicks the puck to himself, splits the defense up the middle, and pops the bottle with his backhand. At 18 years old. Sick. One period later he sets up Palffy with that spinning backhander from his knee. I felt lucky to be at that game.

No kidding. It was lucky for me, since that was one of the two games I was able to go to this year (the other being the opener).
Fast B
AHL'er
AHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins