Plan B

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Plan B

Postby Jasmine on Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:49 pm

Ed Rendell says he is going to meet with the NHL this coming week. Mario Lemieux is held in pretty high regard there, and the governor might have a hard time making the Pens look like the "bad guy" with them. I hope that if this so-called Plan B is the smokescreen I think it is, Bettman and Daly send him back with his tail between his legs!
Jasmine
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Plan B

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:27 pm

Jasmine wrote:Ed Rendell says he is going to meet with the NHL this coming week. Mario Lemieux is held in pretty high regard there, and the governor might have a hard time making the Pens look like the "bad guy" with them. I hope that if this so-called Plan B is the smokescreen I think it is, Bettman and Daly send him back with his tail between his legs!

Problem is.. Rendell will come back and say something along the lines of... "We offeed to pick up 2/3 of the cost of the Arena, $90 million State Funds, $110 Million naming rights, revenues from parking etc..., and the league told us it wasn't sweet enough... It's similar to the deals granted the Pirates and the Steelers who both contributed to their venues funding.... If the league isn't serious about coming up with less than 1/3 the revenue... why should we be? We tried.. it's the NHL, the Pens and Mario's management team that needs to step up to the table if they honestly want to keep the Pens in Pittsburgh"

Of course that speech would be completely misleading, based on false numbers, based on misconceptions that this is a "Pens issue", totally forgetting that the existing arena is in need of a massive overhaul, and that the difference between this initative and the Pirates and Steelers is that this is a Multi-Purpose public use facillity. Not to mention the most important part... The IoC bid is a tax-payer free Rebuild of the most blighted area of the City.

But hey... thats how politics is done.
Last edited by ExPatriatePen on Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby Jasmine on Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:38 pm

You are so right, ExPatriatePen, but once in a blue moon, the PEOPLE stand up and make their voice heard and HONESTY and INTEGRITY win out. Call me foolish, but I am hoping that this is one of those times. BTW has anyone heard anything about the Gaming Board hearings in April . . . how many people applied to speak, any respones yet, etc.?
Jasmine
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins