Players Meet n' Greet after tonight's game....

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Players Meet n' Greet after tonight's game....

Postby Pitts on Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:03 am

L A M E

Well, they did give every adult 2 free beers! :)

Seriously, when we walked in Eric Cairns was already there. He's definitely tall! The only other players to show up were Andre Roy and Eric Bougenecki (sp? and definitely short!). My son was a bit bummed but he did have everyone sign his hat which has some other autographs on it already.

When we left,. we walked past the player's perking lot and Rob Scuderi was signing out of his Chevy tahoe.

Lastly, just after Scuderi left, we turned to leave and there was a guy in a black suit walking down the street on the other side (by the old hosital)...it turned out to be Noah Welch! Funny little note: he had a small tear in the back of his right sleeve, just below his shoulder. Guess the NHL paycheck hasn't kicked in yet!
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,052
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Oh you spoiled spoiled person

Postby rasbatch on Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:44 am

Do my eyes decieve me 2 free beers? I'd sit through Celein Dion for 2 free beers, well wait a minute is that premium or Iron City?
rasbatch
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,128
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:05 am
Location: morgantown WV

Postby Zenpen on Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:47 am

We got Welch, K. Kolstov, and Jani Rita. Welch was really nice and talked to a lot of people. He showed up awhile before the others and kind of got swarmed, but it didn't seem to bother him. Cool to hear him talk about getting his 1st NHL goal. Koltsov looked scared, but he signed for everyone and I got a pic with him.

I agree it was a bit on the lame side. Free Yuengling and I scored a couple of chicken fingers, also. I guess they could only talk certain players into it?
Zenpen
 

Re: Oh you spoiled spoiled person

Postby Pitts on Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:42 am

rasbatch wrote:Do my eyes decieve me 2 free beers? I'd sit through Celein Dion for 2 free beers, well wait a minute is that premium or Iron City?


Draft beer only, but you have the choice of Bud, Michelob, Yuengling, Coors Light. :D
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,052
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Postby Pitts on Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:43 am

Zenpen wrote:We got Welch, K. Kolstov, and Jani Rita. Welch was really nice and talked to a lot of people. He showed up awhile before the others and kind of got swarmed, but it didn't seem to bother him. Cool to hear him talk about getting his 1st NHL goal. Koltsov looked scared, but he signed for everyone and I got a pic with him.

I agree it was a bit on the lame side. Free Yuengling and I scored a couple of chicken fingers, also. I guess they could only talk certain players into it?

Where were you at? I was in Igloo West. We heard there was another one going on somewhere in the building. Koltsov was one of the cards we took to the game in case he showed up. My son would have been happier with that! :)
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,052
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Postby Zenpen on Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:25 am

We were in Igloo East, Pitts. I guess they had two seperate ones. Sorry you guys missed Koltsov.
Zenpen
 

Postby schreibdog on Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:21 pm

Tikkanen wrote:I'm still pissed I didn't get an invite to this. I've been a season ticket holder for several years...grrrrrrrrrr

I talked to the ladies at the customer service desk on Friday about this, and they said that they are taking it by sections for the meet and greet. I think they kind of piloted the whole thing on Sunday, and may have 1+ more sessions before the end of the season. I imagine the rest of the STH group will get the opportunity next season.
schreibdog
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,877
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:16 am
Location: South Park, PA

Postby Pitts on Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:25 pm

schreibdog wrote:
Tikkanen wrote:I'm still pissed I didn't get an invite to this. I've been a season ticket holder for several years...grrrrrrrrrr

I talked to the ladies at the customer service desk on Friday about this, and they said that they are taking it by sections for the meet and greet. I think they kind of piloted the whole thing on Sunday, and may have 1+ more sessions before the end of the season. I imagine the rest of the STH group will get the opportunity next season.


I was suprised at how small the affair was. I think there were 50-60 people at most and a good portion of them were kids.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,052
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Postby Vanbiesbrouck on Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:33 pm

Turns out even if you weren't invited to this one, if you show up at the lounge with a season ticket and act like you're supposed to be there, it's not a problem getting in.
Vanbiesbrouck
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 819
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:50 pm

Postby Pitts on Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:37 pm

Vanbiesbrouck wrote:Turns out even if you weren't invited to this one, if you show up at the lounge with a season ticket and act like you're supposed to be there, it's not a problem getting in.

I would agree with that! Pretty loose "security". :D
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,052
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Postby netwolf on Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:38 pm

Pitts wrote:I was suprised at how small the affair was. I think there were 50-60 people at most and a good portion of them were kids.


I would think that's a good thing. Smaller groups are better for that kind of stuff I think. :)
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,329
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:04 am

Postby Pitts on Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:44 pm

netwolf wrote:
Pitts wrote:I was suprised at how small the affair was. I think there were 50-60 people at most and a good portion of them were kids.


I would think that's a good thing. Smaller groups are better for that kind of stuff I think. :)


It was. You didn't feel rushed for autographs and actually had time to chat with the players. It was a truly casual gathering.

Andre Roy was very nice and soft spoken. Also, not nearly as big (muscular) as you think he would be. Bogunecki is very short...shorter than me, but is a true fire-plug build. Carins was okay, not quite as friendly, but cordial.

I said to Scuderi outside, this has to be the worst part of the job, and he said, no way, I love this. He had a woman in his vehicle who was looking out the passenger side window the whole time and looked very unhappy to be hungup like that!

Welch was checking messages the entire time he was signing. He looks very young, but was very nice to eveyone.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,052
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Postby FallenHero96 on Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:46 pm

Cairns has to be huge.... he looks like a beast on the ice, I can only imagine in person.
FallenHero96
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,474
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:39 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Postby Pitts on Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:05 pm

FallenHero96 wrote:Cairns has to be huge.... he looks like a beast on the ice, I can only imagine in person.

He was VERY tall. But, like ROY, not as large as you'd expect. Actually looked pretty "normal" to me. I'm pretty sure it's all the pads that make them look so "beastly".
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,052
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Postby FallenHero96 on Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm

Pitts wrote:
FallenHero96 wrote:Cairns has to be huge.... he looks like a beast on the ice, I can only imagine in person.

He was VERY tall. But, like ROY, not as large as you'd expect. Actually looked pretty "normal" to me. I'm pretty sure it's all the pads that make them look so "beastly".


lol ya i've worn hockey pads I know what they do, but he looks big as a person, not just because of the pads. Like the size of his wrists... they looked like tree stumps on camera after a fight once. I have never seen him in person though, if hes not that big must have just been my perception then.
FallenHero96
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,474
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:39 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Postby Pitts on Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:45 pm

FallenHero96 wrote:
Pitts wrote:
FallenHero96 wrote:Cairns has to be huge.... he looks like a beast on the ice, I can only imagine in person.

He was VERY tall. But, like ROY, not as large as you'd expect. Actually looked pretty "normal" to me. I'm pretty sure it's all the pads that make them look so "beastly".


lol ya i've worn hockey pads I know what they do, but he looks big as a person, not just because of the pads. Like the size of his wrists... they looked like tree stumps on camera after a fight once. I have never seen him in person though, if hes not that big must have just been my perception then.

I shook his hand, they are huge. I'm talking his chest, girth, etc. He looked pretty normal for such a tall guy who looks like he does on the ice. I only came up to his chest in height!!!
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,052
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Postby Jim on Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:52 pm

Pitts wrote:I shook his hand, they are huge. I'm talking his chest, girth, etc. He looked pretty normal for such a tall guy who looks like he does on the ice. I only came up to his chest in height!!!


That's because you are just a wee-little thing...
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,840
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

N Welch

Postby penny lane on Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:02 pm

~Welch was checking messages the entire time he was signing. He looks very young, but was very nice to eveyone.~
All his friends congratulating him for his 2 goal evening. :P

During the game last night, saw that Colby & Marc-Andre & maybe
R Malone :?: will be at Dick's , Mall at Robinson , signing autographs.

Somebody ask Colby about his almost hat-trick goal. Somebody
was comparing him to pat verbeek; by the nose for sure.
:wink:
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 27,740
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: juju land

Postby Pitts on Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:14 pm

Jim wrote:
Pitts wrote:I shook his hand, they are huge. I'm talking his chest, girth, etc. He looked pretty normal for such a tall guy who looks like he does on the ice. I only came up to his chest in height!!!


That's because you are just a wee-little thing...

You know, I can't rebutt that! Damn short parents! :x
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,052
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....


Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

e-mail