John Mehno's article in the Beaver County Times...

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

John Mehno's article in the Beaver County Times...

Postby conforto45 on Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:55 pm

"Word is the Pittsburgh Penguins asked John LeClair to reclaim the alternate captain's "A" after Mark Recchi was traded.

Word is he declined with words that can't be printed here"
conforto45
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,354
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:37 am
Location: hopewell,pa

Postby jmh70 on Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:06 pm

I guess he's still bitter about Crosby getting an A. You would think someone his age would be more mature than that.
jmh70
 

Postby netwolf on Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:23 pm

I don't get him. Some nights he's been a force and other times he's an empty jersey. It can't be him playing to get out of here, because he's had some good games after the deadline (in Montreal, for example).

You would think a veteran with his pedigree would have some kind of consistency.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,346
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:04 am

Re: John Mehno's article in the Beaver County Times...

Postby penny lane on Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:27 pm

conforto45 wrote:"Word is the Pittsburgh Penguins asked John LeClair to reclaim the alternate captain's "A" after Mark Recchi was traded.

Word is he declined with words that can't be printed here"



friday night & last night on many shifts just standing around
long enough for the other team to score.

Happy Spring, J LeClair!
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 28,472
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Summer sunshine heals!

Postby ExPatriatePen on Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:40 pm

I'm not going to hammer him too hard... It's nice to know that the guy still has enough pride to be offended by that.

I wrote back on old LGP that when they took it from him and gave it to Sid that he was probably upset. I remember catching a lot of flack over that statement too... but since that was on the old board, I can't prove it, and you folks that gave me grief over it get a 'bye'

None-the-less, I think it would be far worse if he wasn't bothered by the whole thing.. I thnk a guy like LeClair, give him some time, he'll get over it and bounce back. He just needs a constant reminder in the offseason as to why he should work out and stay in shape.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,719
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby Pitts on Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:40 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:I wrote back on old LGP that when they took it from him and gave it to Sid that he was probably upset. I remember catching a lot of flack over that statement too... but since that was on the old board, I can't prove it, and you folks that gave me grief over it get a 'bye'

Yeah RIGHT! You expect us to take your word on something you CAN NOT back up as FACT?? Show me some links or old posts where you claim that! :evil:
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,350
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Postby ExPatriatePen on Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:45 pm

Pitts wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:I wrote back on old LGP that when they took it from him and gave it to Sid that he was probably upset. I remember catching a lot of flack over that statement too... but since that was on the old board, I can't prove it, and you folks that gave me grief over it get a 'bye'

Yeah RIGHT! You expect us to take your word on something you CAN NOT back up as FACT?? Show me some links or old posts where you claim that! :evil:


Wonder how many bananas it would run me to get admin to look it up and cut and paste it over here :-) ;-)
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,719
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.


Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BleuLineLady, Dickie Dunn, GeoTank, MWW, Pens4Life, SubtropicalPenguin and 21 guests

e-mail