So mad at message boards right now....

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

So mad at message boards right now....

Postby ryan21081 on Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:09 pm

This is the reason why paying customers like myself cannot get tix. Because some morons had to post the sth password, the game was sold out before i could even go online. I had to be at work when the tix went on sale. I am soooo frustrated. I have entire season tix and when i could not use them i sold them to fans like myself for face value instaed of charging twice the price. From this point on when i have extra tix, EBAY HERE I COME!!!!
ryan21081
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Judy on Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:12 pm

I'm not happy either, but honestly, the fact that someone gave the password wasn't the sole reason the tickets sold out. Alot of the tickets are on hold for Bills Fans amongst others. That, if you ask me is CRAP!
Judy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Batman21 on Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:14 pm

I PROMISE you will be able to score one for face. Just wait...
Batman21
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: So mad at message boards right now....

Postby roller81 on Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:19 pm

ryan21081 wrote:This is the reason why paying customers like myself cannot get tix. Because some morons had to post the sth password, the game was sold out before i could even go online. I had to be at work when the tix went on sale. I am soooo frustrated. I have entire season tix and when i could not use them i sold them to fans like myself for face value instaed of charging twice the price. From this point on when i have extra tix, EBAY HERE I COME!!!!

yes, because the only reason these tickets sold out as fast as they did is because of this message board. all 74k seats were sold using the password posted.
roller81
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby ryan21081 on Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:21 pm

roller81 wrote:
ryan21081 wrote:This is the reason why paying customers like myself cannot get tix. Because some morons had to post the sth password, the game was sold out before i could even go online. I had to be at work when the tix went on sale. I am soooo frustrated. I have entire season tix and when i could not use them i sold them to fans like myself for face value instaed of charging twice the price. From this point on when i have extra tix, EBAY HERE I COME!!!!

yes, because the only reason these tickets sold out as fast as they did is because of this message board. all 74k seats were sold using the password posted.

Bite me!!!!
Only 41000 were sold, the others have been put aside for players, Bills sth, and sabres sth.
I dont appreciate your sarcasm.
ryan21081
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Paekman on Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:23 pm

Read this snippet afternoon article from the PG. This message board wasn't the problem. The game being in Buffalo is the problem. I managed to get lucky and get my tickets, but I feel for other legit paying customers who couldn't.

"Tickets for the AMP Energy NHL Winter Classic featuring the Penguins and Buffalo Sabres in an outdoor game in Buffalo are no longer available after about 41,000 tickets sold within 30 minutes this morning, according to Sabres spokesman Mike Gilbert.

The Buffalo Bills' Ralph Wilson Stadium, site of the Jan. 1 outdoor game, will seat a little less than 74,000 for the hockey game, but Gilbert said more than 30,000 seats are on hold for Sabres season ticket holders, Bills club seat members and for the NHL."
Paekman
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby nocera on Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:25 pm

can i get a boo-hoo?
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby louie on Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:26 pm

I don't think it's right, I like how they did it with the regular season presale and you had to use your account number, they need to be a little more creative.
louie
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Judy on Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:27 pm

nocera wrote:

can i get a boo-hoo?

Wait, you can't see why someone would be upset with this?
Judy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby roller81 on Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:28 pm

ryan21081 wrote:Bite me!!!!
Only 41000 were sold, the others have been put aside for players, Bills sth, and sabres sth.

well..maybe theres no point to blame the boards and/or the person that posted the pw on them for you not being able to get tickets. yeah, it sucks, and ticketmaster blows. but they were the ones that put a 'limit' of 50 tickets per block, ie making it a scalpers heaven. As everyone else has said, the tickets wont be selling for the jacked up prices for long..they'll drop some
roller81
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby nocera on Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:29 pm

no. talking to friends who got tickets without knowing the code, crosby was the first password they guessed.

that "code" is like someone who puts "1,2,3,4" as their luggage code.

dont blame the message boards, blame how this was organized.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Judy on Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:29 pm

louie wrote:I don't think it's right, I like how they did it with the regular season presale and you had to use your account number, they need to be a little more creative.

They said they couldn't use the account # because as he put it, tickets were being sold through Buffalo's site.
Judy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby eastonpensfan on Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:29 pm

eastonpensfan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Kovy27 on Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:30 pm

ryan21081 wrote:
roller81 wrote:

Bite me!!!!

Whaaaaa....It's not even a Pens Home Game. Pens STH should have felt lucky enough to get a shot with a password.

Quit your crying, put your tickets on e-bay...and watch the game from home....
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ryan21081 on Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:30 pm

louie wrote:I don't think it's right, I like how they did it with the regular season presale and you had to use your account number, they need to be a little more creative.

I gave the poor woman at the pens box office an ear full. Wtf didnt they put a link on our sth account page where we manage our account, email tix, and so on, so that in order to access it you needed an account number and password. Doesnt this make more sense???? asdfg.... :(
ryan21081
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby nocera on Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:31 pm

ryan21081 wrote:

I gave the poor woman at the pens box office an ear full. Wtf didnt they put a link on our sth account page where we manage our account, email tix, and so on, so that in order to access it you needed an account number and password. Doesnt this make more sense???? asdfg.... :(

it's not a penguins home game. the game is in buffalo, you know.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Judy on Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:31 pm

roller81 wrote:
ryan21081 wrote:Bite me!!!!

well..maybe theres no point to blame the boards and/or the person that posted the pw on them for you not being able to get tickets. yeah, it sucks, and ticketmaster blows. but they were the ones that put a 'limit' of 50 tickets per block, ie making it a scalpers heaven. As everyone else has said, the tickets wont be selling for the jacked up prices for long..they'll drop some

I don't know about the price drop. Look at what people are paying forthem on Ebay.
Judy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby pensfannn on Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:32 pm

Why blame the Penguins ticket office? This isn't a season ticket holder event.
pensfannn
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Kovy27 on Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:32 pm

ryan21081 wrote:

So you ******** out a woman at the Pens office....for a Sabres Home Game. Way to go.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Admin on Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:32 pm

ryan21081 wrote:

I know you're upset but blaming someone posting an easily guessed password is not where your anger should be directed.

Why were people allowed to purchase 50 tickets? Why didn't the Pens buy a block of seats for STH which only could be purchased by STHs?
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kicksave on Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:35 pm

Kovy27 wrote:
ryan21081 wrote:

So you ******** out a woman at the Pens office....for a Sabres Home Game. Way to go.

There are a few reps that deserve it anyway, hopefully he got the right one.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby roller81 on Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:36 pm

Judy wrote:I don't know about the price drop. Look at what people are paying forthem on Ebay.

yeah but look what people were paying for a ps3..until everyone realized that a ton of people bought tickets just to resell. i doubt these tickets will continue to go for $300, for $30 tickets for more than a few weeks, and just before the game.

I'd think for $100/seat you should be able to get some of the upper deck ones eventually..i dunno, never really checked into scalping ticket prices. I either get them from at face or watch it from home/a bar...hell of alot cheaper
roller81
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby ryan21081 on Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:37 pm

grrrrrrrrrr.... I will pay what i have to thats aside from the point. I am just aggrivated. This was orginized by retards.
ryan21081
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby pfim on Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:38 pm

that "code" is like someone who puts "1,2,3,4" as their luggage code.

It's also the secret code for the air shield.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby King Sid the Great 87 on Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:38 pm

I find it odd that Pens fans think they have a right to tickets for what is a road game in the first place.
King Sid the Great 87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins