Noah on Hard Rock Penguins

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Noah on Hard Rock Penguins

Postby BurghThing on Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:49 pm

Just said he is going back to WBS after next game.

Let the CP bashing commence.
BurghThing
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby ExPatriatePen on Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:51 pm

Was always intended to be that way
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby netwolf on Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:07 pm

That's the rules of an emergency recall. The Pens were carrying the minimum roster and when someone is unable to play due to injury or suspension they can recall someone on an emergency basis but they have to go back as soon as the other player is able to return.

If Cairns was out due to injury, I suspect the staff would be extra careful not to rush him back. Wouldn't want to see him re-aggreavate it. :wink:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Noah on Hard Rock Penguins

Postby penny lane on Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:12 pm

BurghThing wrote:Just said he is going back to WBS after next game.

Let the CP bashing commence.

Read maybe monday or sunday a quote from N Welch that he knows
his stay is short; his team is trying to win in WBS with a Calder Cup.
Winning attitude from former Harvard Red Captain!

hastings puddin guy
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Guido on Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:13 pm

welch will leave a good impression on the staff, i'm sure, and will start next year for the parent Penguins.

Melichar
Gonchar
Whitney
Welch
Orpik
FA Signing, i hope

another uncertainty is if the Penguins would happen to draft Erik Johnson...baptism by fire or baptism by crushing the AHL?

Scuderi would be emergency or replaceable with Melichar
Guido
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby MrKnowNothing on Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:17 pm

If the Pens ended up with Johnson, he wouldn't be able to go to the AHL next year.
MrKnowNothing

Postby Ironhorse on Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:56 pm

Not so, he does not play for a JR. team, he is with the US Under 18 developmental team and I do not think the JR. rule applies.
Ironhorse
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby NJ5934 on Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:09 pm

This should not be a surprise to anyone. If CP's direction has shown us anything at all.....it's talent has nothing to do with who's playing with the big club.

If it makes anyone feel better you can sleep soundly assuming that Noah Welch WILL be here at the start of next season and CP WILL NOT.
NJ5934
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Paulie_Walnutz on Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:29 pm

NJ5934 wrote:This should not be a surprise to anyone. If CP's direction has shown us anything at all.....it's talent has nothing to do with who's playing with the big club.

If it makes anyone feel better you can sleep soundly assuming that Noah Welch WILL be here at the start of next season and CP WILL NOT.

I have to agree with your first comment. If talent had anything to do with who is playing in Pittsburgh and who is playing in WBS, Welch, Armstrong, Oullette, and Fleury would've been playing in Pittsburgh all along. Lasse Pirjeta, Koltsov, Endicott, Scuderi would've been somewhere else. And I can't honestly think that Fata would've been on the team either. Endicott probably wouldn't even be playing hockey in the AHL. Granted, Koltsov has been good on the PK, but he was drafted to score. Not kill penalties and miss the net by a country mile.

Heck, even Mark Madden recognizes that the Pens didn't start the season with their 23 best players.

As for the second comment, I only hope you are right.
Paulie_Walnutz

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins