Every Frodo needs his Samwise....

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby 25+66+22=#1 on Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:34 pm

Jagr is Darth Vader!!! ............sorry wrong trilogy.
25+66+22=#1
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby dagny on Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:42 pm

NIN wrote:

and Jagr is Aragorn!

:?: Gasp :?:

You mean he's going to come back to Gondor... er, Pittsburgh, reclaim his legacy, and lead his people... er, team to victory?!? :shock: :lol: :wink:
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby NIN on Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:44 pm

dagny wrote:
NIN wrote:

and Jagr is Aragorn!

You mean he's going to come back to Gondor... er, Pittsburgh, reclaim his legacy, and lead his people... er, team to victory?!? :shock: :lol: :wink:

EXACTLY. AND. If that isnt creepy enough....he is currently a "ranger" just like Aragorn was......we are through the looking glass people.....
NIN

Postby dagny on Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:51 pm

NIN wrote:
dagny wrote:
NIN wrote:

and Jagr is Aragorn!

EXACTLY. AND. If that isnt creepy enough....he is currently a "ranger" just like Aragorn was......we are through the looking glass people.....

OMG! I hadn't even thought of that connection. You... you're good!

There's no such thing as too much LOTR!
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Ginger on Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:09 am

dagny wrote:
NIN wrote:
dagny wrote:
NIN wrote:

and Jagr is Aragorn!

OMG! I hadn't even thought of that connection. You... you're good!

There's no such thing as too much LOTR!

Strider??? Hey, definitely never too much LOTR!!! I like it even if it's in name only. It seems to fit if you think of it...King Jaromir, Faramir...Boromir...close enough.

Aragorn (Viggo) definitely could have saved my world for me. ~*wilt*~
Ginger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jim on Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:46 am

25+66+22=#1 wrote:Jagr is Darth Vader!!! ............sorry wrong trilogy.

Do not soil the name of Vader by comparing him to Jagr! Jagr is more a Jabba type.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Fast B on Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:46 pm

Jim wrote:
25+66+22=#1 wrote:Jagr is Darth Vader!!! ............sorry wrong trilogy.

Do not soil the name of Vader by comparing him to Jagr! Jagr is more a Jabba type.

No way! If anybody is Jabba here, it's Rendell.
Fast B
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Stoosh on Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:13 pm

Strider??? Hey, definitely never too much LOTR!!! I like it even if it's in name only. It seems to fit if you think of it...King Jaromir, Faramir...Boromir...close enough.

Not to completely hijack the thread here, but did anyone else find the "Return of the King" to be much more disjointed and rushed than the other two were?
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Ginger on Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:37 pm

Stoosh wrote:
Not to completely hijack the thread here, but did anyone else find the "Return of the King" to be much more disjointed and rushed than the other two were?

Stoosh, I think it may have seemed that way 'cuz they were doing all three at the same time. All that cutting & editing & putting the last one together after people had moved on to other work, likely showed up in the last one.
Still loved it a lot tho'.

I also think they were trying to 'tie up' the trilogy by adding bits of story not covered in the other two. When you think about the books & the mass of work within, I'm amazed that they did as well as they did in making it into a hit trilogy.
My favorite all time book as a kid was The Hobbit & then the rest...

Also loved The Narnia Chronicles, so how lucky am I to see this be turned into a movie as well. Have you seen that & if so, what did you think?
Ginger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby NIN on Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:25 pm

Stoosh wrote:

I read the books when I was little and then re-read them after wacthing the first movie. The 3rd movie was the best but there were to signifficant buzzkills that they later released in the extended versions.

1. The confrontation between Gandolf and the Witch King was something I looked forward to seeing in the theatre, and they cut it.

2. The voice of Sauron, who I imagined was bigger for some reason. That scene held alot of plot significance too but they cut it.

There was a hole other movie they could have made if they put everything in and cut back on the other 3 alittle. All in all those are still some of the best movies I ever seen. Star Wars was what I loved as a kid and kids today get this trilogy.
NIN

Postby Ginger on Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:48 pm

NIN wrote:
I read the books when I was little and then re-read them after wacthing the first movie. The 3rd movie was the best but there were to signifficant buzzkills that they later released in the extended versions.

1. The confrontation between Gandolf and the Witch King was something I looked forward to seeing in the theatre, and they cut it.

2. The voice of Sauron, who I imagined was bigger for some reason. That scene held alot of plot significance too but they cut it.

There was a hole other movie they could have made if they put everything in and cut back on the other 3 alittle. All in all those are still some of the best movies I ever seen. Star Wars was what I loved as a kid and kids today get this trilogy.

I feel the same way! Definitely my favorite trilogy. When they first brought them out on DVD we watched them over & over, looking at all the things you miss thru' just one pass. And since it was my favorite growing up, being as spoiled as I am, I get all the peripherals to the books & movies now for birthdays & Christmas. I even have Aragorns ring...
It's huge & I have to wear it on my thumb!
My sis has Nenya, Galadriels ring.
And we both have the Fellowship pin. Neither one of us had the nerve to buy THE ONE ring!

I wish they could have included Tom Bombadil & Goldberry in one of the movies, but ah well! I think I can say pretty accurately that I've read the books 12-15 times.
Ginger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby dagny on Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:12 pm

Jeez! I thought I was a HUGE fan! I do have THE ONE ring, though... heh heh.

I wholeheartedly agree about Tom Bombadil not being included.

What pi$$ed me off the most about the third movie(aside from the things that were already mentioned) was how they handled the death of Saruman and Wormtongue...WRONG!!! That's not even how it happened, which brings me to the end of the movie... That was not at ALL how the book ended, and that brings you back again to the death of Saruman and Wormtongue! Talk about annoyed.

My favorite book was the Silmarillion....
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins