I'm worried ..............

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

I'm worried ..............

Postby 25+66+22=#1 on Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:58 pm

That Swann's announcement will turn this ugly. Politics are an ugly game and a new move has just been made on the chess board. i sincerely hope that i am wrong but This might turn into a Democrat vs Republican issue now instead of a vital regional asset issue. Dems on the fence (Onarato) may jump off ship now. Dems that have already pledged support may back away. The most vital person in this (Pigbreath) now will probably do commercials for Harrah's (okay i'm exaggerating but not by much). Because if he comes into the fold now he shows weakness. And as a politico that is about the last thing you can do. We as fans and Pittsburghers with a real stake in this, must now more than ever write the letters and send the e-mails. It's going to be our job to make sure this debate stays about the issue, and not which party affiliation you are. So i urge all of you from now on to keep your letters about the issue not the politics. We have to make sure the public's opinion doesn't get cloudy.
25+66+22=#1
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Tocchet on Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:21 pm

Belle Vernon in the house!!
Tocchet
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Henry Hank on Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:23 pm

Here's the thing: there's really no benefit when it comes to voting for Rendell to support another plan. Rendell will not lose votes by getting an arena built. It will only help him. If he doesn't do anything, and the team leaves on his watch, he really could turn a lot of people in Western PA completely against him. This only sounds like good news to me. By supporting the Pens, Swann has a way to pull voters from this area away from Rendell. Rendell's response should be to show his support for this area, not alienate it.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Guido on Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:14 pm

unfortunately, there are more people in the east than there are in the west...Philly will outvote Pittsburgh.
Guido
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Kicksave on Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:51 pm

Guido wrote:unfortunately, there are more people in the east than there are in the west...Philly will outvote Pittsburgh.

I hate to make this a race thing, but Swanny being black and a lot of black people living in Philly...don't you think that that could sway the vote a bit in Swanny's favor?
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:58 pm

Read what is on wpxi.com. The article says Mayor O'Connor says the plan doesn't have a good chance to become a reality.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/8345480/detail.html

Great support Bob.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:00 pm

Here is one person in the East that will be voting for Swann.

Also their is a big Republican area near here as well. And there are plenty of displaced Pittsburghers here too that would vote for Swann.

If he carries the "Pennsyltucky" part of the state and get normally Democratic voters in the west to vote for him, he will have a really good shot of beating Rendell. I think the Republicans in the East will vote for Swanny over Fast Eddie.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby bill from turtle creek on Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:22 pm

newarenanow wrote:Read what is on wpxi.com. The article says Mayor O'Connor says the plan doesn't have a good chance to become a reality.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/8345480/detail.html

Great support Bob.

I really, really hate this guy. If the fix isn't in, HOW CAN HE POSSIBLY KNOW???????

On the other hand, he's so clueless, that maybe when he says the plan doesn't have a chance, it means it really has a good chance.
bill from turtle creek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Tocchet on Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:57 pm

Here's another guy in Eastern PA who will be voting for Swann...and putting up a Swann sign in Fast Eddie's home city.
Tocchet
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins