Eddi Spaghetti !!!

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Eddi Spaghetti !!!

Postby FuturePens on Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:34 pm

I personaly would love to see Eddie Olczyk back as the Pens annoucer instead of Bob Errey next year...

your thoughts.
FuturePens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby netwolf on Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:40 pm

That would work, but I'd be happy with Phil Bourque getting promoted. I'd take Peter Taglianetti back too.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby dagny on Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:43 pm

I don't know what it is about Bob Errey that I like so much... he's feisty!
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby FuturePens on Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:44 pm

netwolf wrote:That would work, but I'd be happy with Phil Bourque getting promoted. I'd take Peter Taglianetti back too.

I agree.

What about Paul Steigerwald on the air?
FuturePens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby dagny on Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:49 pm

FuturePens wrote:
netwolf wrote:That would work, but I'd be happy with Phil Bourque getting promoted. I'd take Peter Taglianetti back too.

I agree.

What about Paul Steigerwald on the air?

Before Center Ice, and during the years in between that I didn't have it, I had to listen to the radio feed. I loved him! Informative, objective, and I could really visualize what was happening on the ice with his play by play.
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby NIN on Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:59 pm

Who cares anymore. I mean really I hate everyone right now. The team sucks. They might be moving. Malkin this Govener ******* that. I need a vacation.... 8)
NIN

Postby Kicksave on Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:02 pm

NIN wrote:Who cares anymore. I mean really I hate everyone right now. The team sucks. They might be moving. Malkin this Govener ******* that. I need a vacation.... 8)

Thats what too much LOTR does to a person.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby dagny on Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:04 pm

NIN wrote:Who cares anymore. I mean really I hate everyone right now. The team sucks. They might be moving. Malkin this Govener ******* that. I need a vacation.... 8)

You also need to watch the language... family board rules, and all. :P
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby FuturePens on Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:06 pm

Malkin is going to be here, Pens will stay here, the team will not suck...just be patient and supportive! THINK POSITIVE !
FuturePens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby netwolf on Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:17 pm

dagny wrote:

You also need to watch the language... family board rules, and all. :P

Yeah, you might want to edit that before the almighty Gorilla edits you. :shock: :lol:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FallenHero96 on Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:24 pm

I thought admin was supposed to set up moderators, what happened to that?

Oh and I can't see Eddie coming back here to do pens games. I think that would pretty much be a step backwards for him right now.
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby netwolf on Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:34 pm

FallenHero96 wrote:I thought admin was supposed to set up moderators, what happened to that?

Oh and I can't see Eddie coming back here to do pens games. I think that would pretty much be a step backwards for him right now.

I lobbied for that power.... I mean, I volunteered to help him out in that regard, but I think he's fearful of non-simian beings. :wink:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FallenHero96 on Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:47 pm

I think Netwolf would make a good moderator. Same with ExPatriotPen. And you guys are on a lot, as well. I would volunteer as well but I don't think I quite have the tenure for that, though Ive been coming here for 6 years just never really posted much until the new board came.
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Pitts on Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:54 pm

netwolf wrote:
FallenHero96 wrote:I thought admin was supposed to set up moderators, what happened to that?

I lobbied for that power.... I mean, I volunteered to help him out in that regard, but I think he's fearful of non-simian beings. :wink:

I offered as well. I don't think he wants to reliquish the power! :x
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby netwolf on Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:55 pm

FallenHero96 wrote:I think Netwolf would make a good moderator.

You are a really insightful poster and an asset to the board. You should post more often. :lol:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FallenHero96 on Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:02 am

haha I see how it works now :lol:
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby netwolf on Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:03 am

FallenHero96 wrote:haha I see how it works now :lol:

Did I mention you were pretty sharp too? :wink:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Guido on Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:06 am

definitely would love to see Edzo back. If nothing else, his short stint as a head coach may give him an even better analytical perspective.

And I'd hate to say this but I'm beginning to tire of Mike Lange's off-topic conversations and missed calls. Time to record all of his whacky sayings and play them during goals, then fire the old boozer.

Bourque and Errey can fight to the death for the other commentator position.
Guido
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby dagny on Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:17 pm

ziggystardust wrote:
dagny wrote:I don't know what it is about Bob Errey that I like so much... he's feisty!

he adds insight to the game and isn't afraid to call out poor play.

Agreed! He tells it like it is, is what I really wanted to say, but some people feel very strongly the opposite, so I was trying to be diplomatic. :wink:
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby netwolf on Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:54 pm

Maybe he does tell it like it is, but he is definitely uneven in how he does it. Peter Taglianetti also told it like it was and wasn't as well spoken as some other guys, but I enjoyed his work.

For example, I don't think he's missed a single opportunity to get on Fleury for a a mistake all season and is never shy about making sure everyone knows it.

On the other hand, if a goal is scored because Mark Recchi stood there and watched a guy get two whacks at a rebound or because John LeClair was late getting back or missed his man outright, he gives it cursory mention.

The biggest irritant of Errey's work to me is how reactionary he is. Something will happen and he'll be very quick to comment on it and in very strong terms, leaving no doubt about what happened and why. Then he'll see a replay and do a complete 180. It doesn't happen every game, but it happens more than it should. There's nothing wrong with saying "did this" or "I think that," and waiting to see a replay before shooting your mouth off.

I will grant you Errey supporters that part of the problem is that the Pens stink and that another part of it is there are those of us (myself included) that know they stink and do not need a constant reminder. I am sure Errey would be easier to take if the Pens win/loss total was reversed.

However, on the occiasions I have listened to part of a radio feed and I have never found Paul Steigerwald and Phil Bourque to annoy me as much. Maybe that's because they focuse more on descibing the game to the audience because of the different broadcast medium or maybe they are just better.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins