Second half of the interview with Jaromir Jagr's mom posted

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Second half of the interview with Jaromir Jagr's mom posted

Postby Tomas on Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

The second half is below the string of asterisks (*********) and starts with a question:

"If Jaromir is by himself for some time, how messy does his place get?"

The translation probably still has a lot of grammatical errors to be corrected later.

Enjoy!

http://letsgopens.com/tomas_translations.php?id=59
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby ExPatriatePen on Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:36 am

Tomas, I know this has been repeated over and over again on LGP.

But...

Thank you sooooo much. It's so wonderful to get a glimpse of the "Eastern Block" persepctive through your translations.

Again, much appreciated!
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby NIN on Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:11 pm

Very entertaining. Thanks!
NIN

Postby Tomas on Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:56 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:Tomas, I know this has been repeated over and over again on LGP.

But...

Thank you sooooo much. It's so wonderful to get a glimpse of the "Eastern Block" persepctive through your translations.

Again, much appreciated!

You are welcome, though I don't think that the interview provides a glimpse of the "Eastern Bloc" perspective at all. I found Mrs. Jagr's quotes absolutely fascinating, because she describes a relationship so much *unlike* any "typical" Czech mother-son relation. Relationship full of co-dependencies, her strong influence over his life decisions... At the same time I sensed her frustrations over some of his choices and perceived lack of respect for her on his part (incidentally, I can say that calling a mother by her first name is virtually unheard of in "typical" Czech families).

I don't want pass any judgement, though, because it seems that such an arrangement has worked fine for both of them. You hear of similar stories more in the context of classical music virtuosos or other artists, but hey - if that's what Jaromir needs to be the hockey "virtuoso" and if his mother does not mind - more power to them!

Still, very unusual...
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Tico Rick on Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:01 pm

Really interesting. Thanks, Tomas!
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins