Congrats to Leclair. Goal # 400

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Congrats to Leclair. Goal # 400

Postby conforto45 on Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:34 am

hey, if im the only one in here that likes Leclair.. then i guess im talking to a brick wall
conforto45
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Pitts on Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:26 am

Yeah, congratulations. Now, hit the bricks you miserable SOB. :)
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FlyerNation on Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:29 am

Yes, Congrats to Jonny Vermont. Never had any ill will towards him. He had one of the greatest stretches for a power forward in history. I wonder if this will be the end of the road for him.
FlyerNation

Postby Pitts on Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:32 am

I really do not think he will want to play for the Pens next season even if Recchi comes back. He looks miserable here. And, his quotes in the press this spring lead me to believe he wants out bad.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DayWalker on Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:40 am

FlyerNation wrote:Yes, Congrats to Jonny Vermont. Never had any ill will towards him. He had one of the greatest stretches for a power forward in history. I wonder if this will be the end of the road for him.

Along with Mark Howe and Tim Kerr, John LeClair was one of the few Flyers I could stand...

To this day I still like him...
DayWalker
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby FlyerNation on Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:43 am

Pitts wrote:I really do not think he will want to play for the Pens next season even if Recchi comes back. He looks miserable here. And, his quotes in the press this spring lead me to believe he wants out bad.
You have to wonder how much longer his back even will hold up. He was in serious pain his last days in Philly/ Not sure if he's had to play through pain this year, but it wouldn't surprise me. I'm sure it might not be worth it anymore.

He got his cup, made tons of dough, 5 time all star, Silver medalist. I don't think he has much more to accomplish.
FlyerNation

Postby freq019 on Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:00 pm

congrats, not bad for a yank who only scores garbage goals. I imagine that when he does hang them up he's a HOF'er
freq019
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Guido on Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:23 pm

yea, thanks for finally starting to care and play the final 1/3 of the year....play like that all of next year and i'll change my mind about him...
Guido
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby mepenstim on Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:23 pm

Congrats and good riddance if he hangs them up. He's had a poor attitude since the "A" was taken away, especially towards the kid.
mepenstim

Postby FlyerNation on Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:50 pm

I thought only Flyers fans had piss poor fickle attitudes like these.
FlyerNation

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:20 pm

The difference is Pens fans only have piss poor fickle attitudes when the Pens are losing.

Flyers fans and in general all Philly sports fans have piss poor fickle attitudes no matter how their teams perform.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Guido on Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:20 pm

my fickle attitude towards leclair is based on his performance for the first half or so of this season. He was obviously out of shape, did not care, and had such a poor on ice work ethic. Having said that, since the Torino break, he's been great. Hustling, diving for pucks, really hitting his stride (even though he's past his prime). LeClair is great at what he does.

It's just a shame he (along with recchi, palffy, gonch, mario) got used to the country club atmosphere that was the Edzo era.

I hope he returns next season on a line with malone and bogey/koltsov/similar player and has a decent year, but only if he plays like he has been for most of the season.
Guido
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby HockeyDaddy on Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:02 pm

The best part of #400 for LeClair is that he scored it in a Pens uniform. Now that miserable jerk can watch the highlight while playing for a team he hates for the rest of his life.

I hope the Pens dump him over the summer for a broken stick and some used pucks...that's usually all CP can get in return for a player anyway. This time he would be getting equal value.
HockeyDaddy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins