No Way Penguin Ownership Approves of This...

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

No Way Penguin Ownership Approves of This...

Postby DayWalker on Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:04 pm

No way. No way in h*ll.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06089/678121-100.stm

Also note the "voluntary" nature of the contributions from the winner of the slots derby...

HAHAHA. Way to go, Ed.

If this is indeed the proposal or at all similar to the final product, it really is IoC or bust (or Houston or KC or wherever) for the Penguins and their fans.
DayWalker
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: No Way Penguin Ownership Approves of This...

Postby skullman80 on Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:08 pm

DayWalker wrote:No way. No way in h*ll.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06089/678121-100.stm

Also note the "voluntary" nature of the contributions from the winner of the slots derby...

HAHAHA. Way to go, Ed.

If this is indeed the proposal or at all similar to the final product, it really is IoC or bust (or Houston or KC or wherever) for the Penguins and their fans.

So then basically the Pens are paying 8.5 mil up front, then 2.9 over the next 30 years.

That works out to be about 95.5 mil over 30 years time. That actually isn't that bad. It's not great, but it's not as bad as I expected.

I think that if this deal was put on the table before the IOC proposal was done the Pens would probably take it in a heartbeat.

The cost of moving a team and establishing a new fanbase is what is going to have to be weighed here if in fact we do get to plan "B". Moving a team and establishing a new fanbase is not "FREE", no matter what.

I want to see all the details on this before I judge it completley. IOC is still the best plan on the table obviously, but it may just end up getting to this point no matter what any of us want.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby mepenstim on Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:21 pm

The cost of moving and establishing a new fan base will not be the concern of current ownership. The options are:
1) get an arena in Pittsburgh or
2) sell the team

The buyer, and there are numerous who are interested if the franchise is not tied to Pittsburgh, will not be concerned at all with establishing a fanbase.
mepenstim

Postby newarenanow on Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:52 pm

What time is the unveiling.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins