What the roster could look like next season....

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

What the roster could look like next season....

Postby NIN on Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:54 pm

Center: Crosby, Malkin, Halpern, and Talbot

Left Wingers: Daze, Malone, LeClair, and Roy

Right Wingers: Armstrong, Rita, Hilbert, and Koltsov

Left Defense: Gonchar, Welch, and Melicar

Right Defense: Corvo, Whitney, and Orpik

Goalies: Fleury and Caron

Corvo, Daze, and Hilbert have the potential to fill very important roles on the team and not cost a ton of money either. Daze is not the perfect winger for Crosby but out of all the FAs he would be the best fit. Morozov is a possibility too but I wouldnt sign him for more than one year.
NIN

Re: What the roster could look like next season....

Postby penny lane on Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:11 pm

NIN wrote:Center: Halpern,
Left Wingers: Daze

Wingers before centers .... please!

Daze, didn't even know he was still playing.
Halpern, no more CAPS. :P just teasing.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby NIN on Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:13 pm

Tikkanen wrote:What the hell are you smoking? Eric Daze will never play in the NHL again, and if he does, he'll do next to nothing. He's over, done with. You've complained about the lame signing of Palffy before - yet you're advocating signing the most injured player since 2000? Daze's injury history makes Lemieux's injury riddled comeback look like an iron man streak.

Aww man chiillll. I thought Daze was still playing lol. If he was and healthy I would sign him. I didnt think he had a career ending injury, wasnt it just a knee or something? Players come back from that alot.
NIN

Postby Stoosh on Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:01 pm

My two cents...

Center: Crosby, Malkin, Christensen, Talbot, Kolanos

Left Wing: JEFF FRIESEN, Malone, Leclair, Roy, Carcillo

Right Wing: PETR SYKORA, Armstrong, Hilbert, Ouellet, Filewich/Stone

Defense: WILLIE MITCHELL, Gonchar, Whitney, Orpik, Welch, HAL GILL, Bissonnette/Lannon/Schneider

Goaltender: Fleury, Caron/Thibault

If by chance Malkin does NOT come over, my Plan B at center is Viktor Kozlov followed very closely by Jeff Halpern.
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby borohcky9 on Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:49 pm

Since everyone else is, i will jump on the bandwagon and do it too!

Armstrong-Crosby-Vyborny
Recchi-Malkin-Sushinsky/Chistov
Malone-Kolanos-Hilbert
Koltsov-Talbot-Carcillo

Whitney-Welch
Gonchar-Salei/Pothier
Orpik-Scuderi/Melichar/Markov

Fluery
Thibault

This would involve picking up 3-4 free agents, none really that expensive, and trying to rid ourselves of LeClair (hopefully by choice now that he has 400). I would love to see if Sushinsky could play in the NHL, and he has expressed interest to do so.

A top line forward, like Vyborny or Elias is key, and that would be the best place to spend the money you are saving from Palffy.
borohcky9

Postby DrBoni on Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:15 pm

Tikkanen wrote:Morozov, as has been discussed a plethora of times, and despite the wishes of many, will only be back here on a cold day in hell.

I used to agree with this. But if Patrick's contract is not renewed, then I believe there would be a chance that Morozov comes back to play with a new general manager/coach. Whether we'd want him or not is another question. I, for one, don't know where I stand. Some days he looks like he could be a legit sniper and other times he was completely lost. Who knows what a successful year in Russia has for his confidence too.
DrBoni
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby netwolf on Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:10 pm

I like the idea of Mitchell and Sykora, but I am guessing there are better teams than us that will offer both guys more than the Pens would want to. Then again, I would have guessed they could sign Gonchar or Palffy and be in the running for Forsberg and Modano as well.

Halpern won't sign here unless the Pens offer is 50-100% better than the next best one. He grew up in Caps country HATING this team as much as any of us has ever hated the Caps. He won't want to come here.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby wondermoose on Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:14 pm

No at Sykora. He was doing piss poor earlier this season till he got traded to the Rangers (AKA The Jagr Show). I'm not entirely sure he's the best player for a losing franchise.
wondermoose
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby netwolf on Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:21 pm

The only reason I like Sykora is because he played with Malkin during the lockout and they worked well together. IIRC, Elias was the other winger. Maybe Elias and Sykora will do a package deal to be reunited with their lockout centerman. :lol:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

my team

Postby Pens4Life on Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:16 am

Hilbert - Crosby - Armstrong
Morozov - Malkin - Elias
Malone - Christensen - Ouellet
Koltsov - Talbot - Kolanos
Whitney - Welch
Gonchar - Salei
Orpik - Corvo
Scuderi - Lannon
ONLY ONE THING : if we draft Kessell or JOhnson ARE THEY ready for NHL,or need a year in AHL?
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Stop insulting pot smoker

Postby rasbatch on Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:21 am

Tikkanen wrote:What the hell are you smoking? Eric Daze will never play in the NHL again, and if he does, he'll do next to nothing. He's over, done with. You've complained about the lame signing of Palffy before - yet you're advocating signing the most injured player since 2000? Daze's injury history makes Lemieux's injury riddled comeback look like an iron man streak.

The only one I would go for is Corvo. I like the way he plays, but I personally would rather see Ruslan Salei...

Halpern is something we don't need, and I think you're underestimating Hilbert. Morozov, as has been discussed a plethora of times, and despite the wishes of many, will only be back here on a cold day in hell.

I don't get it NIN...sometimes I'm like "the dude nailed it" and others I'm wondering if you've got a graffix next to your PC that is influencing your posts...

I've literally known hundreds of puffers and most aren't crazy enough to suggest stupid stuff like this. Find some other way to dis NIN.
rasbatch
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jim on Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:31 am

I'd like to see either Chara or Jovanovski. Big physical Dman is something we need to complement the glut of offensive minded Dmen that we suposidly have.

I think that Thibault will be her and Caron will be moved.

As for forwards... how about Carter?
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins