Crosby to play in the World Championships?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Crosby to play in the World Championships?

Postby André on Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:45 am

I haven't a word from him about this anywhere. Anyone got a clue? I'd love to see him on the big surface with skilled wingers! Would be sweet to see him shut up some bashers here in Sweden who disslike him just because he's a hyped Canadian. Geesh, at 18 Ovechkin scored 23 points.
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Crosby to play in the World Championships?

Postby penny lane on Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:18 am

Deas wrote:I haven't a word from him about this anywhere. Anyone got a clue? I'd love to see him on the big surface with skilled wingers! Would be sweet to see him shut up some bashers here in Sweden who disslike him just because he's a hyped Canadian. Geesh, at 18 Ovechkin scored 23 points.

Maybe last week or before TSN.ca had a blurb from Sid's agent
saying he'd love to play in Latvia for Canada. Good to play
more & to get away from NHL glare.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Stoosh on Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:59 am

I heard Phil Bourque mention the other night on the broadcast that Sid was very likely going to play for Canada in the World Championships. He was supposedly pretty disappointed that he wasn't part of Team Canada in the Olympics, so he was really looking forward to the WC's.
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DelPen on Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:49 am

Stoosh wrote:I heard Phil Bourque mention the other night on the broadcast that Sid was very likely going to play for Canada in the World Championships. He was supposedly pretty disappointed that he wasn't part of Team Canada in the Olympics, so he was really looking forward to the WC's.

There was only one player better than him that did not make the Olympic team and that was Eric Staal. Seeing as how him and most of the rest of the roster come from playoff teams they will be hard pressed to find 14 forwards better than Crosby. Crosby could very well be centering the #2 line for Canada in the WC's. It will be nice to see him go up against Malkin.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins