What was up with Sid last night?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

What was up with Sid last night?

Postby Mango Salsa on Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:11 am

After his goal he looked upset & looked like he was giving the line hell.

Then on the bench more of the same. At the end of the period he sat there by himself after everyone else left & just looked kinda disgusted.

Watch starting about 1:45. http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/penguin ... p_700k.asx
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby letsgopens87 on Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:33 am

I was thinking that part of him not celebrating after the goal was the fact that we were already up 2-0. Might have seemed llike he was rubbing it in. But, I do remember seeing him sitting on the bench after one of the periods..no idea what was up with that.
letsgopens87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Peter on Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:07 am

Far be it for me to defend 87, but everything looked normal to me. What was the problem? He wasn't yelling at anyone. Go eat some roast duck. :twisted:
Last edited by Peter on Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:28 am

It looked like he was laughing and saying something to Andy like: "You should have shot that"
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Goalie on Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:53 am

So everyone harps on Sid for showing too much emotion and now he tones it down for a night and everyone gets on him for that too?

Seriously all the talking after the goals is totally normall, he was definetely laughing about something on the bench after his goal. Armstrong never shuts up at any time and to be honest Sid and Colby are talking all the time on the bench anytime I have seen shots of them and its part of the chemistry they have as a line.

I did not see him sitting on the bench between periods but its possible the Islanders TV crew may have wanted to interview him or the radio crew and that is their process for it. I know the TV people have more access to players this year, and its a good thing, during the game and that may be how the Isles do it. Maybe someone who watched the Isles feed or listened to their radio feed can help out.

People need to leave the kid alone. I know that is never going to happen because of the hype that will surround him forever but just appreciate his talent and let him be a kid. Its not just the people on this board its the national media, opposing players, etc. There will forever be jealousy surrounding Sid from opponents and other media so that will never go away but he is only going to play for so long so just appreciate what you are seeing on the ice.
Goalie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby netwolf on Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:52 pm

I imagine he would have preferred the pass have been to his forehand, but I didn't see anything in that clip that looked out of the ordinary to me other than he didn't look all the happy to have scored. That could have been from a bad pregame meal or because Armstrong farted for all I know. :lol:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby NIN on Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:16 pm

What bugged him about that was that he was calling for it on the forehand. He was tapping his stick and everything and Hilbert just threw it over there and he did so poorly. If that was any other player on this team it is no gola because of a poor pass. I cant say enough about what a talented play that was by Crosby.

Also, did anyone else notice Armstrong sticking his finger up Crosby's visor during the goal celebration? Frickin hilarious how Army tortures the guy with face washes and stuff. He is definately keeping his ege in check and I hope they are having fun out there because there isnt much left to play for otherwise. :D
NIN

Postby jmh70 on Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:26 pm

The Isles announcers suggested that Crosby may have been injured since he was stretching a lot.

BTW when Sid was sitting on the bench after the 2nd it was probably because the Isles TV people interviewed him during that intermission.
jmh70

Postby NIN on Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:33 pm

jmh70 wrote:The Isles announcers suggested that Crosby may have been injured since he was stretching a lot.

BTW when Sid was sitting on the bench after the 2nd it was probably because the Isles TV people interviewed him during that intermission.

:lol: That is actually very funny. Crosby stretches like that all the time. Before, during, and after almost every single warm-up. I thought it was excessive too but all that stretching is exactly why he wont get injured too often throughout his career. Very smart man.
NIN

Postby Mango Salsa on Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:32 pm

Jesus Christ people. I love Sid & I'm not trying to bring him down, I just wondered what was up. He looked pissed off to me, especially on the bench.

I went back & watched the recording I have & he still looks upset to me.
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby FuturePens on Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:00 pm

Mango Salsa wrote:Jesus Christ people. I love Sid & I'm not trying to bring him down, I just wondered what was up. He looked pissed off to me, especially on the bench.

nope, he looks fine...but even if he was unhappy on occation, how can he be always happy if he's on a losing team for the first time in his career...He even said, that he does not know how to lose, it's something new to him, that's why he's got over 100 PM this year.
FuturePens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby wallflower on Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:15 pm

Mango Salsa wrote:Jesus Christ people. I love Sid & I'm not trying to bring him down, I just wondered what was up. He looked pissed off to me, especially on the bench.

See, when I saw it at the time [I'll admit I didn't re-watch it] it looked to me as though he was taking a moment to compose his thoughts before going off to do an interview. I don't think he looked particularly upset at all - just serious. :)
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

he was...

Postby penny lane on Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:34 pm

:evil: Sidney can't believe Brooks Orpik got a call for the World Championship and Canada hasn't called him yet. :evil:

just teasing :lol:
I shudder, shudder, thinking about the media glare Sidney & others have
in their daily lives.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Vanbiesbrouck on Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:45 pm

Mango Salsa wrote:I went back & watched the recording I have & he still looks upset to me.

Even on a recording 24 hours later, he was still upset?
Vanbiesbrouck
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Admin on Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:05 pm

Goalie wrote:I did not see him sitting on the bench between periods but its possible the Islanders TV crew may have wanted to interview him or the radio crew and that is their process for it.

He was interviewed by the Isles' Deb Kaufman (sp?) during one of the intermissions. I think it was the second intermission.

Having said that I thought he did seem mad about something after scoring his goal. Maybe he's tired of people sticking fingers under his visor after he scores. :shock:
Admin
Site Admin

Postby jmh70 on Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:25 pm

Admin wrote:
Goalie wrote:I did not see him sitting on the bench between periods but its possible the Islanders TV crew may have wanted to interview him or the radio crew and that is their process for it.

He was interviewed by the Isles' Deb Kaufman (sp?) during one of the intermissions. I think it was the second intermission.

Having said that I thought he did seem mad about something after scoring his goal. Maybe he's tired of people sticking fingers under his visor after he scores. :shock:

After the game Andre Roy lightly punched Crosby in the face. He clearly wasn't happy with that.
jmh70

Postby Admin on Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:36 pm

jmh70 wrote:After the game Andre Roy lightly punched Crosby in the face. He clearly wasn't happy with that.

True. I forgot about that.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Steve on Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:08 pm

After the game Andre Roy lightly punched Crosby in the face. He clearly wasn't happy with that.

That may have been one of Roy's better punches of the season...;)
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby netwolf on Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:00 am

I still say Sid looked sour because Armstrong farted. Cheese farts are nasty.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Jim on Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:29 pm

I thought it was odd when he was still sitting on the bench after most people were at the runway. It could be something, it could be nothing. Maybe he was basically waiting for the refs or a specific opposing player to leave so that he wouldn't be tempoted to do or say something... Or maybe he is contemplating asking CP for a trade... never know.... lol.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins