Penguins vs. Debs... 1/2/06.... semi official thread

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby saveourpens on Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:31 pm

Yeah you had to feel bad for him. Poor little Koltsy. He tried so hard...and yet, it all went so wrong! :lol:
saveourpens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby netwolf on Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:42 pm

NIN wrote:Ok why did they call up Hussey and Endocott? Why the **** is Endocott even given an NHL contract? WHY? Because he has NHL "size"? Give me a break. When you and Patrick learn to evaluate talent give me a call kid...

You're assuming Armstrong is the same player he was two years ago. His career numbers indicate he was not. Did it ever occur to you that he's better now than he was then, that maybe he's improved as a hockey player over that time?

Oh, I forgot. According to you, he was rotting away in the minors. :roll:

Your insane love of diving aside, you seem to be a fairly decent guy, but every so often, you seem to let your emotions get the better of your posts and you go off on these non-sensical, expletive-ridden tirades.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pfim on Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:15 pm

netwolf wrote:
NIN wrote:Ok why did they call up Hussey and Endocott? Why the **** is Endocott even given an NHL contract? WHY? Because he has NHL "size"? Give me a break. When you and Patrick learn to evaluate talent give me a call kid...

You're assuming Armstrong is the same player he was two years ago. His career numbers indicate he was not. Did it ever occur to you that he's better now than he was then, that maybe he's improved as a hockey player over that time?

Your insane love of diving aside, you seem to be a fairly decent guy, but every so often, you seem to let your emotions get the better of your posts and you go off on these non-sensical, expletive-ridden tirades.

Armstrong has been rotting away since the age of 2. He's been the same player since he could shake a rattle, the Pens just never realized it.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby borohcky9 on Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:21 pm

pfim wrote:
netwolf wrote:

Armstrong has been rotting away since the age of 2. He's been the same player since he could shake a rattle, the Pens just never realized it.

Weird question, is there a point to this argument?

He is good, he deserves to be here. He may not do it the conventional way, but neither did Rob Brown. Leave it at that, the kid has found his "niche".
borohcky9

was it only me?

Postby penny lane on Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:37 am

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Koltsov just got crushed! ouch

I was in b11 near where this check took place by b lukowich (?)
His elbow came up against KK, ref across the other side saw it.
If an elbow non-call; changed the entire complexion of game...
melichar got the next penalty & the rest is history.

Even before M Brodeur stopped Sidney on his chance there was
a good save- a Ryan Malone chance- I thought that's the type of
save that keeps the devils in the game. And in the play-offs.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins