Ryan Whitney

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Ryan Whitney

Postby SportsFan on Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:22 pm

The guy played the worst game today.. He is to blame for the 2nd and tying goal..

All he had to do was clear the puck when it came to him, after the hustle by Hilbert, but he tried to get fancy and lost it, that led to the pressure and the goal.
SportsFan

Postby NIN on Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:33 pm

Yeah he needs to really study the fundamentals this summers and get some extensive one on one training by a seasoned vet like Gordie Roberts or maybe see what Kjell Samuelsson is doing these days.

All I know is that he is BY FAR the best blueliner we have at moving the puck up ice and his hockey sense is at a level beyond what you can teach a guy. He is going to be a solid all around defender at the NHL level because he has adapted at the AHL level to become very reliable all over the ice. This season is a great building block for his career and by the end of next season I think you are going to see a much different player and one you will like. :D
NIN

Postby jmh70 on Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:34 pm

Whitney was not on the ice for the tying goal. Blame Gonchar.
jmh70

Postby HomerPenguin on Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:43 pm

jmh70 wrote:Whitney was not on the ice for the tying goal. Blame Gonchar.

The TYING goal? How about I blame Gonchar for coughing up the puck on a terrible pass and thus getting caught in deep on the WINNING goal?
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby pfim on Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:48 pm

The guy played the worst game today.. He is to blame for the 2nd and tying goal..

He wasn't on the ice for either goal or the Melichar penalty. Nice call there.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby BacklashJack on Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:05 pm

Whitney was horrible yesterday. There were three guys sitting on the backside that he failed to pick up that Fleury had to make great saves on. Melichar blew it, he got caught high and his man got goal-side on him and he took a penalty. The game would have been over if he didn't stink as usual. Whitney just had one bad game, Melichar just continued the trend. Overall, Gonchar looked very good yesterday. he carried the puck and made some very nice passes in the N-zone, worked very well captaining the PP.
BacklashJack

Ryan Whitney

Postby penny lane on Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:31 pm

R Whitney should have skated with the puck a few steps, I know he can do this, for the empty net goal.

I have faith he'll learn to jump into play more & shoot the puck more.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby BacklashJack on Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:56 pm

ziggystardust wrote:Gonchar was the one who stunk yesterday, thought Whitney wasn't any good either.

Gonchar had a great game actually. He never should have been put in that position at the end of the game.
BacklashJack

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins