Koshan Gives Sid Some Love

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Koshan Gives Sid Some Love

Postby ExPatriatePen on Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:48 pm

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Columnists/Ko ... 9-sun.html

GIVE IT TO SID

Some of the flak Sidney Crosby has taken this season with the Pittsburgh Penguins has not taken away from the determination that helped define him as a junior player.

On a team that doesn't win much, the 18-year-old has a team-high five game-winning goals, and of the five games the Pens have won in overtime or in a shootout, Crosby has provided the deciding goal four times.

"Those are the situations you get excited for," Crosby said. "You try to thrive on those. It's part of being competitive. When the time comes in situations like that, someone has to make sure they step up, and I try to be someone who does that."

That Crosby wants the puck when the game is on the line speaks not only to his ability but also to his confidence. Not all players want the puck in high-pressure situations.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Re: Koshan Gives Sid Some Love

Postby Ginger on Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:24 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Columnists/Koshan/2006/04/03/1517739-sun.html

GIVE IT TO SID
--snip--

That Crosby wants the puck when the game is on the line speaks not only to his ability but also to his confidence. Not all players want the puck in high-pressure situations.

I'm not sure I totally agree with that, do you? I think any player who wants to score & win for his team is going to want the puck when he has the change to have it. If he doesn't, then he doesn't really belong in the league.
Ginger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Koshan Gives Sid Some Love

Postby ExPatriatePen on Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:54 pm

Ginger wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Columnists/Koshan/2006/04/03/1517739-sun.html

GIVE IT TO SID
--snip--

I'm not sure I totally agree with that, do you? I think any player who wants to score & win for his team is going to want the puck when he has the change to have it. If he doesn't, then he doesn't really belong in the league.

The good ones do, but we've all seen players who pass up a shot to get the puck to someone who is more adept at scoring goals.

Now sure that makes sense on a certain level, but if you have a good view, take the dog gone shot.

I remember for years in the late eighties where guys would give up a decent shot to get the puck to 'Ace' only to lose it in a bad pass or whatever...

I think he just means that Sid is certainly not intimidated by the level of play at all.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins