Malkin Vid Package(from the official site)

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Malkin Vid Package(from the official site)

Postby skullman80 on Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:43 pm

Not sure if anyone saw this. It's very well done. Same vid that was shown at the arena a while back I believe.

http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/penguin ... nmovie.asx
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Fast B on Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:12 pm

Unfortu ...buffering...buffering.... nately, the video ....buffering....

doesn't seem to wan.....buffering.....

to load......buffering.....

...too slow....buffering....unwatchable....
Fast B
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Pitts on Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:14 pm

I had no trouble with the buffering.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Fast B on Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:15 pm

Pitts wrote:I had no trouble with the buffering.

Could be my network connection. I just felt the need to post something sarcastic about it. :D

The little I was able to see was pretty cool. I'll try it again later on tonight.
Fast B
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby NIN on Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:17 pm

Worked fine for me thanks! :D

The most fun thing about Malkin is watching what he does without the puck. He is brilliant, he knows how to play the game of hockey the way it was meant to be played and then some.
NIN

Postby skullman80 on Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:30 pm

If anyone is having trouble with the original link...

I you tubed the vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZtj3E7WM5s
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby guiner on Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:34 pm

Fast B wrote:
Pitts wrote:I had no trouble with the buffering.

Could be my network connection. I just felt the need to post something sarcastic about it. :D

The little I was able to see was pretty cool. I'll try it again later on tonight.

There is this miraculous thing recently invented called "options" under the tools menu. In there there is this amazing tab called "performance", where you can ACTUALLY change your buffering time.

How is that for sarcasm.

g
guiner
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby ExPatriatePen on Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:48 pm

Am I he only one that doesn't see anything awe inspiring with this kid?

Look, I'm as excied as anyone to get a guy that can contribute in ANYway on the Pens next year... it's just that I see him puting up tons of points (Which I'll love) but not neccessarily making anyone go... "did you see that"?

Is it just me?
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby skullman80 on Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:01 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:Am I he only one that doesn't see anything awe inspiring with this kid?

Look, I'm as excied as anyone to get a guy that can contribute in ANYway on the Pens next year... it's just that I see him puting up tons of points (Which I'll love) but not neccessarily making anyone go... "did you see that"?

Is it just me?

He isn't the flashiest player in the world. He is the most complete 2 way player you can possibly be at age 19. He makes things look effortless with and without the puck. He is just a smart smart hockey player. I can throw up some clips that will make you go "did you see that"....

He is a horse on the PK, and is great in his own zone. He has a great shot, and has great vision.

I think he has a chance to be better than both Crosby and AO in the long run that is how highly I think of this kid.

Just an amazing talent....
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby guiner on Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:24 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:Am I he only one that doesn't see anything awe inspiring with this kid?

Is it just me?

Ron Francis never "wowed" you, he just got it done at both ends of the ice. If Ron Francis had Mario's body, he would be Malkin.

g
guiner
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby NJ5934 on Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:26 pm

Pretty cool. I'd feel better though if I knew CP was making an attempt NOW at bringing him over in the offseason. I have a feeling it will be a last minute deal.
NJ5934
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby guiner on Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:27 pm

NJ5934 wrote:Pretty cool. I'd feel better though if I knew CP was making an attempt NOW at bringing him over in the offseason. I have a feeling it will be a last minute deal.

I got a feeling if its a last minute deal, CP won't be here to be doing it.

g
guiner
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Jim on Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:59 pm

The music playing in the clip... what is that called? Is it just Russian opera? Does it (type) have some sort of official name?
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby wondermoose on Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:02 pm

I've seen much better Malkin highlights.... That's THE WORST highlight reel ever put together. What were they thinking?

This is the kind of goal i expect to see on a highlight reel....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aJ7DOagDRA8&search=malkin
Last edited by wondermoose on Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wondermoose
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby skullman80 on Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:04 pm

wondermoose wrote:I've seen much better Malkin highlights.... That's THE WORST highlight reel ever put together. What were they thinking?

It wasn't that bad. It was just a teaser, and I think it was well done to be honest.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FallenHero96 on Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:06 pm

Is it just me?

Well, there was certainly nothing awe inspiring in that video. They could have made that a lot better. Did you get to see him play in the olympics? He really wasn't flashy at all, but every time... and I mean every time, he got the puck he made a smart play with it. He seems to have very good offensive and defensive awareness. His playmaking skills are there, but i'm hoping to see a little more from him in the goal scoring department. Not that he doesn't have skills because he certainly can score, but I just hope that aspect of his game continues to flourish.

I found a cool video on youtube of Malkin scoring one... this one could be a little "awe inspiring"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ7DOagD ... rch=Malkin
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby HockeyDaddy on Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:08 pm

Agree...I have seen better highlights...and the editing was less than dynamic...send me some raw video and I will cut together a highlight package that will knock your socks off!
HockeyDaddy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby netwolf on Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:14 am

This makes me wonder if the Pens know more about the chance of them getting him here than they let on. At the end of the clip, it says "Coming to an Arena near you" then it fades out and "09.06" appears.

The know the Pens PR staff doesn't have a pristine record, but I find it odd that they would tease Malkin's arrival with a specific date tagged if they weren't pretty sure they could produce.

They could have just ended the clip without the "09.06" part, but they did not.

Oversight or hint? You decide.

As far as the player goes, I think he will be the best player on the team from the start. The only potential trip-up for him is the language barrier. He plays for Dave King in Russia though and seems to take instruction from him via translator just fine.

It's amazing how this franchise has gone from Mario, to Jagr, back to Mario, now to Crosby and (hopefully) next year adding Malkin to the mix. That is some incredible stuff.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Ben Klingston on Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:39 pm

Jim wrote:The music playing in the clip... what is that called? Is it just Russian opera? Does it (type) have some sort of official name?

It's called Fortuna Imeriatrix Mundi: O Fortuna.

I believe that specific version is a modern interpretation of Orff's Carmina Burana.

And before you go thinking I'm some sort of classical music buff, it's on a DVD Audio 5.1 surround sound system demo disc that came with my car. I recall that song specifically, because it completely rocks crap out of the car's system.
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby ivand87 on Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:50 am

Always use NetTransport (Google it) for downloading those crappy ASX streams from the Pens' official site.

On Firefox I can see the videos but not in full screen.

Pens really gotta get some better technical people.
ivand87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins