Best Goals of the Season

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby jimjom on Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:26 pm

In all honesty boys would you rather the Rags do better than the Flyers?

...I was thinking about that. I am an Isles fan, and seeing as they're out of it, I will be and this hurts to say, watching the Rags closely this spring. I have to wash my hands now after typing this, but it's the Pens connection for me too that's doing it.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby FlyerNation on Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:26 pm

Jim wrote:Most "hated" teams:

Washington
Philadelphia
New York Rangers
Colorado
Toronto

Then a giant drop off in "hate"

Colorado doesn't fit into that mix. Why them?
FlyerNation

Postby FlyerNation on Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:28 pm

jimjom wrote:In all honesty boys would you rather the Rags do better than the Flyers?

...I was thinking about that. I am an Isles fan, and seeing as they're out of it, I will be and this hurts to say, watching the Rags closely this spring. I have to wash my hands now after typing this, but it's the Pens connection for me too that's doing it.

"Potvin sucks" :lol:

Honestly the Rags are a one man/line show. The playoffs are going to be a different animal and Jagr will be hammered/hooked/assaulted night in and out. I think they're one and done honestly.
FlyerNation

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:30 pm

Actually, the Rangers used to be my most hated team. But then Monkey Man Messier retired, and they became Pittsburgh North.

I'll always dislike them, but they have been so bad for so long it is a lot harder to hate on them.

My hate list:

1. Flyers
2. Leafs
3. Rangers
4. Devils
5. Caps
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby jimjom on Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:35 pm

Most Hated:

Flyers
Leafs
Thrashers
Caps
Sens
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Jim on Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:35 pm

FlyerNation wrote:

Washington
Philadelphia
New York Rangers
Colorado
Toronto

Colorado doesn't fit into that mix. Why them?

Pompous d*ckwads... same as Toronto. With player turnover I can see Colorado dropping off that list for me... but they are still there right now.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Jim on Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:36 pm

Thrashers???
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby FlyerNation on Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:37 pm

Mine

Rags
Sens
Devs
Pens
Bolts
FlyerNation

Postby Jim on Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:38 pm

Pens... that's beautiful!

Did I inadvertantly hijack this thread?
Last edited by Jim on Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby jimjom on Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:39 pm

Jim wrote:Thrashers???

The whole Kovalpuke pointing thing really really really really pi$$ed me off.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Jim on Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:41 pm

jimjom wrote:The whole Kovalpuke pointing thing really really really really pi$$ed me off.

I don't know... I kind of like it. Team rilvaries are nice... but when individual players get involved... It's rare. The only 100% definate I can come up with is McCarty/C.Lemieux. You have Boston vs Ulfie, but not one player... If some of these kids can hate each other... it could get real interesting in the future!
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby FlyerNation on Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:45 pm

Jim wrote:Pens... that's beautiful!

I've actually been rooting for them lately to knock around some teams jostling with us for playoff position. Watched the game Sunday and was pulling for them hard.
FlyerNation

Postby Kovy27 on Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:45 pm

Philly
NY Rangers
Philly
Detroit
Philly
New Boring Jersey
Philly
Tampa Bay
Philly

Did I mention Philly?
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

nyr

Postby penny lane on Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:09 pm

jimjom wrote:In all honesty boys would you rather the Rags do better than the Flyers?

NYR over the flyers always! I wouldn't mind seeing the rangers
represent the east. Ottawa & NYR will both have inexperienced
goalies.

at the devil game talking about how no one in the NHL really
embraces the devils. Must be do to their style of play but they
really have have a successful franchise.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby FlyerNation on Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:36 pm

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves rooting for the Rags regardless how many ex Pens they have. Remember Jagr wanted out.

I understand liking them more than the Flyers but no fan of any team in the old Patrick should ever wish the Rangers go to the finals.

Thrashers, Canes, Senators, Buffalo this year whoever Pens fans should never root for the Rangers or adopt them as their team. It's the final sign of you guys gving up hope that you'll just root for the Rags. LOL!
FlyerNation

Postby Fast B on Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:42 pm

FlyerNation wrote:You guys should be ashamed of yourselves rooting for the Rags regardless how many ex Pens they have. Remember Jagr wanted out.

I understand liking them more than the Flyers but no fan of any team in the old Patrick should ever wish the Rangers go to the finals.

Thrashers, Canes, Senators, Buffalo this year whoever Pens fans should never root for the Rangers or adopt them as their team. It's the final sign of you guys gving up hope that you'll just root for the Rags. LOL!

I think you underestimate how much people hate the Flyers. Here's a hint: it's a considerable amount of hatred.

And considering you're not a Pens fan, you have no place telling us which teams we can and cannot support. If you don't like it, too bad. You're welcome to leave anytime.
Fast B
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby FlyerNation on Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:51 pm

Fast B wrote:
FlyerNation wrote:You guys should be ashamed of yourselves rooting for the Rags regardless how many ex Pens they have. Remember Jagr wanted out.

I think you underestimate how much people hate the Flyers. Here's a hint: it's a considerable amount of hatred.

And considering you're not a Pens fan, you have no place telling us which teams we can and cannot support. If you don't like it, too bad. You're welcome to leave anytime.

Ooh Fast B told me. LOL! Go **** yourself chump.
FlyerNation

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:09 pm

I don't want to see NY win the cup or even come close to it, but I'd rather see them win the division over the Flyers this year.

Although it feels like choosing between Stalin and Hitler.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Jamie on Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:45 pm

FlyerNation wrote:

"Potvin sucks" :lol:

Honestly the Rags are a one man/line show. The playoffs are going to be a different animal and Jagr will be hammered/hooked/assaulted night in and out. I think they're one and done honestly.

I think the Rangers success depends on two things.

First and Foremost can Lundquist continue to play solid in the net, in the high profile games...Playoff pressure has defined and broken netminders careers. Remember the "Ace" Jim Carrey. Not sure if I spelled that right, it has been so looong since I have heard anything about him. :lol:

Secondly, I think the Rangers will benefit greatly if the officiating remains the same, and the hooking and holding gets called like it has in the regular season. If you hook, hold, hammer, Jagr, it is fine, unless you are getting whistled every time. The Rags have a very potent power play. You give them 4 power plays a night, and you are going to lose more times than you will win.
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby conforto45 on Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:59 pm

Crosbys OT winners vs. MTL and Philtadelphia

Lasse Pirejetas laser of a wrist shot early in the season(when some people thought he MIGHT have some talent)

the Crosby goal vs. WSH whenever he kicked it behind him over to his other foot, to his stick then buried it.

Malones *ooops* falling down and sliding into the crease and burying it past DiPietro..
conforto45
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby scals37 on Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:41 pm

ERIC CAIRNS NEAR MISS ON THE OPEN NET!!!! lol i loved that goal
scals37
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby ExPatriatePen on Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:37 am

Washington
Philadelphia
New York Rangers
Colorado
Toronto

What? No Ottawa?
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby Jim on Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:59 am

I have no opinion on Ottawa. They are in the middle in a group of "Oh yeah, them" as in not disliked nor liked.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby ExPatriatePen on Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:09 am

Jim wrote:I have no opinion on Ottawa. They are in the middle in a group of "Oh yeah, them" as in not disliked nor liked.

Go up there for a game sometime. It'll be a 'life changing' event :-)
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby Jim on Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:38 am

The only places I have seen and NHL game live are Pittsbutgh (obviously), Washington DC and Buffalo.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins