Best Goals of the Season

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby ExPatriatePen on Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:46 am

Jim wrote:The only places I have seen and NHL game live are Pittsbutgh (obviously), Washington DC and Buffalo.

How was Buffalo? That's one place I haven't ventured yet.

Next fall I'm planning on catching a home game in Vancouver. I understand their fans are a fairly laid back crew.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby Jim on Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:02 am

The hotel was nice! lol.

It was fine. The arena was "pretty" but didn't do much for me. THe upper decks are back from the ice surface. They are not stacked over the sections below them, but more behind the lower levels. There seemed to be a lot of Canadians at the game, a lot of Toronto jerseys even though it was a Buf/Pit game.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby jimjom on Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:22 pm

Jim wrote:
jimjom wrote:The whole Kovalpuke pointing thing really really really really pi$$ed me off.

I don't know... I kind of like it. Team rilvaries are nice... but when individual players get involved... It's rare. The only 100% definate I can come up with is McCarty/C.Lemieux. You have Boston vs Ulfie, but not one player... If some of these kids can hate each other... it could get real interesting in the future!

I see your point, Jim. I just think that in the context, it was way out of line. As I recall, we were getting shelled at the time the point in question occurred, and it was below what Kovalchuk's ability level has proven to be...the guy isn't Matthew Barnaby or Billy Tibbetts, he doesn't have to resort to a cheap dog & pony sideshow to get a crowd response. There's nothing wrong with a rivalry, but stuff like that belongs in the minors. Oh well, at least Kovalchuk will be watching the playoffs from home (unless he plays in the Worlds of course).
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Jim on Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:54 pm

Some flash and pomp of peacocking is fine when done between peers. As long as it doesn't turn into behing the knee slashes or blatent high sticking... Kovalchuk saying to the locker room, "Crosby is mine!" and then going out to one up him... no problem. Just no goon going after Crobsy if he starts out doing Kovalchuk...

Actually... that could be a good thing. If you can get a rivalry going between the flashy stars... it might keep the thugs off of them. Afterall... could Kovalchuk gloat if the Thrashers have someone hanging all over Crosby all game? Or taking cheap shots at him? No. It could be a "Me vs Him" type thing... THAT would be cool!
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins