How bout Rico?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

How bout Rico?

Postby FuturePens on Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:17 am

I don't know about you, but I really liked Rico Fata with the Penguins.

Yes, he did not score goals, but his passion for the game was bigger than most of the Penguin players early in the season. He loved to play the game and always worked hard, night in and out.

I personally hated to see him go. I'am glad that he finally had something to chear about today AS HE SCORED 2 GOALS and HAD AN ASSIST vs. Carolina with the Caps.

HOW BOUT RICO !!!! AWE ?

You think he would have eventually contributed with the Pens?
FuturePens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby skullman80 on Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:31 am

Rico Fata still sucks. Period.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Guido on Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:35 am

nope...he was the king of jumping offsides...

he had what, 1 assist with the Penguins this season??? He was awful, glad he's gone. Tons of heart, you have to admire him for that, but other than that, he was just all speed.

Penguins from recently I wish were still here: Sorry, i'm a sucker for T Kostopolous...not for the big club except for brief stints due to injuries, keep him in WBS with Surovy, or bring him up to play with Surovy.
Also, Jon Sim had a decent end to the season with the Pens 2 years ago and he's doing pretty well with the Panthers this season. I understand, he was only brought in to fill out the skeleton roster, he's a journeyman, etc. etc. I would've liked to have seen what he had to offer though, good for him for what he's done in Florida though. I'm rooting for them to make the playoffs.
Last edited by Guido on Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guido
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby FuturePens on Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:42 am

Also, Jon Sim had a decent end to the season with the Pens 2 years ago and he's doing pretty well with the Panthers this season. I understand, he was only brought in to fill out the skeleton roster, he's a journeyman, etc. etc. I would've liked to have seen what he ahd to offer though, good for him for what he's done in Florida though. I'm rooting for them to make the playoffs.

[/quote]

I loved Jon Sim also, he is a good player. He produced for the Phantoms, had over 50 points. And for the Flyers as a 4th liner. However got traded because he was not "good enough" for the Flyers. I think he'll fit in with Florida, but still would have liked to see him at least with the WBS if not with Pens this year.
FuturePens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby netwolf on Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:27 pm

Guido wrote:nope...he was the king of jumping offsides...

And of throwing 100mph passes from 2 feet away or throwing a guy a pass chest high.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Fast B on Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:47 pm

Guido wrote:he had what, 1 assist with the Penguins this season???

No points at all in 20 games. Not even a lousy second assist.
Fast B
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Tinker on Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:04 pm

After being selected 6th on draft day 1998 by Calgary, the board read "Lacks hockey sense." That board usually reads "exceptional skater", "versatile forward", etc.

To this day TSN's player bio states it, and it couldn't be truer.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio ... l-capitals

The fact is that Fata is a prime example that having all the physical tools does not make you a good player. You need to read the play and react accordingly, whic Rico does neither. Those tools are the only thing keeping him in the league, and they will start to deteriorate, and his days will be done.

I root for him because of his bout with the testy cancer, but this team has no room for someone with such a glaring shortcoming.
Tinker
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby JS© on Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:57 pm

Uncle Rico could probably throw that ball over those mountains, but I still think he's a freaking idiot.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kicksave on Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:23 pm

JS© wrote:Uncle Rico could probably throw that ball over those mountains, but I still think he's a freaking idiot.

worst. movie. ever.

benchwarmers looks kinda funny tho, i'm not gonna lie.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins