april 13 game...2nd to last home game against the NYR

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

april 13 game...2nd to last home game against the NYR

Postby penny lane on Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:38 pm

Maybe this is the game penguin fans give a little love back to Jaromir.
Don't have to "cheer" for him, but maybe don't have to boo his
every move

Jaromir most likely will win MVP & could win the R Richard award
for most goals. After many fans left him for dead.

Just something to mull over until next thursday. :P

We give him a standing ovation, it will bring him to tears!
:wink:
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby FlyerNation on Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:40 pm

Wow this board should be Rangers West.
FlyerNation

Re: april 13 game...2nd to last home game against the NYR

Postby Mad City Mike on Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:45 pm

penny lane wrote:Maybe this is the game penguin fans give a little love back to Jaromir.
every move

I much prefer the total silent treatment. Just ignore his every move. Or maybe they should give every fan a free diaper or pacifier. Or maybe a Jagr bobblehead inside a coffin, because he did die alive after all.

Yeah, yeah, I know, many people have forgiven or forgotten the things he said and did his last year here, and in Washington. I never will. He is a petulent baby who only plays hard when he feels like it.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Jim on Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:59 pm

penny lane wrote:After many fans left him for dead.

Oh, wouldn't that be nice...
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby wondermoose on Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:00 pm

I'm finding it harder and harder to hate the Rags these days... Before when they had Bure and Lindros and Holik, and it was much easier to hate them for spending money. But now they have some of our best ex-Pens, a few that weren't looking to leave. I just don't have it in me to hate a few of my favorite players in Jagr, Straka, and Kasparaitis. Not to mention they had Kovy back for awhile too.
wondermoose
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Ginger on Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:13 pm

wondermoose wrote:I'm finding it harder and harder to hate the Rags these days... Before when they had Bure and Lindros and Holik, and it was much easier to hate them for spending money. But now they have some of our best ex-Pens, a few that weren't looking to leave. I just don't have it in me to hate a few of my favorite players in Jagr, Straka, and Kasparaitis. Not to mention they had Kovy back for awhile too.

Me either. I try to catch every one of their games & will not make apologies for that. I love Kaspar & Marty, neither of those guys wanted to leave Pittsburgh & if you don't like Jagr then suck it up! He's the best player in the league right now & if you love hockey, you've got to like what he's doing. I don't *have* to like him (the person) to like his game. They also have Prucha who I really like...

Greg has actually switched allegiances. 'Course he *was* Jagrnutz if y'all recall. He is a huge Rangers fan now, but I'll always be a Pens fan...always!
Ginger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Mad City Mike on Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:49 pm

Ginger wrote:Me either. I try to catch every one of their games & will not make apologies for that. I love Kaspar & Marty, neither of those guys wanted to leave Pittsburgh & if you don't like Jagr then suck it up! He's the best player in the league right now & if you love hockey, you've got to like what he's doing. I don't *have* to like him (the person) to like his game. They also have Prucha who I really like...

Greg has actually switched allegiances. 'Course he *was* Jagrnutz if y'all recall. He is a huge Rangers fan now, but I'll always be a Pens fan...always!

Not me. As a diehard Penguin fan, there is no way I can ever like them or the Flyers. I grew up hating the Rangers, learned to hate the Flyers once I became a Pens fan. That will never change, no matter who is playing for them.

Doesn't mean I don't like individual players like Straka or Kaspar. In the past, I always liked Richter and Leetch. Those were two class acts. But seeing the lovefest for Messier a couple months ago just reminded me once again why I hate that team. They were out there praising the messiah for being a dirty player. Sorry, but under no circumstances could I ever cheer for them. When they play the Flyers, I just root for injuries :twisted: .
Last edited by Mad City Mike on Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Jim on Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:51 pm

Mad City Mike wrote:I grew up hating the Rangers ... When they play the Flyers, I just root for injuries

That's a beautiful thing!!!
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Eisbahren on Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:38 pm

Reminds me of a story which can be altered for many different purposes:

Q: You are walking down the street and you come face to face with a fan of the Flyers and a fan of the Rangers. Who do you headbutt first?

A: The Flyers fan...business before pleasure!
Eisbahren

Postby NIN on Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:44 pm

wondermoose wrote:I'm finding it harder and harder to hate the Rags these days... Before when they had Bure and Lindros and Holik, and it was much easier to hate them for spending money. But now they have some of our best ex-Pens, a few that weren't looking to leave. I just don't have it in me to hate a few of my favorite players in Jagr, Straka, and Kasparaitis. Not to mention they had Kovy back for awhile too.

I feel the same way. First of all, Jagr is WAYYYYYY misunderstood, poeple take what he says to heart and things got blown way out of proportion. Jagr aloof but he is still a great great guy and a feirce competitor. I would love to see Jagr hand the Cup to Kaspar this spring!! GO RANGERS!!
NIN

Postby netwolf on Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:52 pm

I'm not really rooting for the Rangers as I am rooting against the Flyers. I dislike them more because they have been better recently. :P
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Jim on Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:55 am

I went to a Rangers/Caps game in DC two years ago. It was difficult to root for the Rangers to win... but you have to want the Caps to loose...
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Super Slovak Surovy on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:31 am

penny lane wrote:Maybe this is the game penguin fans give a little love back to Jaromir.
every move

i never boo Jagr but i dont like him that much...
Super Slovak Surovy

Postby netwolf on Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:43 pm

every move

That's a nice thought, but I won't be holding my breath waiting for it to happen....
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Jim on Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:56 pm

netwolf wrote:
every move

That's a nice thought, but I won't be holding my breath waiting for it to happen....

It's all I can do just to not take batteries to the games...

(not really, it's a 70's/80's Pirates reference)
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins