Pens vs New Jersey Devils April 5, 2006 Official Thread

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby NIN on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:46 pm

netwolf wrote:Nice non-call on Malone, 3 feet in front of the referee. :x

that was a horrible dive.
NIN

Postby skullman80 on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:47 pm

netwolf wrote:
skullman80 wrote:That was a bad call...especially the extra 2.

How can you say that? Crosby put the stick into him and whether it got stuck or not, they have called that one all year. You have to know that at this point in the season and not give them an easy excuse to even up the penalties.

They don't have Crosby miked, so how do you know the extra two wasn't warranted?

All that said, Madden should have gotten something...

I'll give ya the initial penalty...but the extra 2...no way. Madden should have gotten 2 as well, and it would have been 4 on 4.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby wondermoose on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:47 pm

I say go for it Sid. Stand up for yourself. He's gets abused like no one else in the league. These are BS penalties they keep giving him. Who cares if people don't like him? They see it as "whining." I see it as a winning attitude. He cares if they lose and shows it on the ice.

Just wait, that attitude is going to come in handy for the next 15 years.
wondermoose
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby netwolf on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:47 pm

dagny wrote:Why did he go back down, anyway???

He was an emergency call up for Cairns when he got suspendeded. Rules state that when Cairns can play, Welch must go back.

Here's hoping Cairns does something stupid and really soon. :wink:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Jamie on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:48 pm

NIN wrote:

VIVA LA REVOLUTION
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby skullman80 on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:48 pm

NJ5934 wrote:
wondermoose wrote:hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

and they give Sid an unsportsman like. FANTASTIC

Like F'in clockwork. The Devils announcers were talking about it as if they were waiting for it.

Someone needs to take that "A" off his jersey. Its a shame that the team has to suffer for his immaturity. Its getting old.

The unsportsmanlike call was crap. Madden should have gotten two minutes for throwing his stick.

Should have been 4 on 4.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rychster on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:48 pm

dman66 wrote:
Rychster wrote:At least the Pirates are winning and on Directv for free this week. The relief pitching still has time to blow the game, however.

hows duke looking?

Good. Definitely good indeed. J Wilson had an error that led to a run.
Last edited by Rychster on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rychster
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby netwolf on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:48 pm

NIN wrote:

Yeah, it was such a bad dive that it wasn't.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby NJ5934 on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:49 pm

netwolf wrote:

How can you say that? Crosby put the stick into him and whether it got stuck or not, they have called that one all year. You have to know that at this point in the season and not give them an easy excuse to even up the penalties.

They don't have Crosby miked, so how do you know the extra two wasn't warranted?

My point exactly. Crosby should have expected the first two for the stick in the midsection. And he definitely should have expected the extra two for running his yap. Stupid stupid move and the team pays the price. Not a leader anytime soon, that "A" is a joke.
NJ5934
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby netwolf on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:49 pm

Jamie wrote:
NIN wrote:

VIVA LA REVOLUTION

et tu, Jamie? Don't feed the animals. :lol:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby NIN on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:49 pm

wondermoose wrote:I say go for it Sid. Stand up for yourself. He's gets abused like no one else in the league. These are BS penalties they keep giving him. Who cares if people don't like him? They see it as "whining." I see it as a winning attitude. He cares if they lose and shows it on the ice.

your right, he just doesnt take lossing well. Still, that lead wasnt insurmountable.
NIN

Postby dagny on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:49 pm

The refs deserve no defense... but how hard are the Pens actually trying NOT to get penalized?!?!?

Not very...
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby NIN on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:50 pm

netwolf wrote:
Jamie wrote:
NIN wrote:

VIVA LA REVOLUTION

VIVA LE' REVOLUTION!! :D
NIN

Postby wondermoose on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:50 pm

netwolf wrote:They don't have Crosby miked, so how do you know the extra two wasn't warranted?

I'm sure other players in the league say much worse than Sid. In fact, I know they do. Therefore, I cannot agree with you on this point. He doesn't deserve these unsportsman like calls he keeps getting.
wondermoose
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Jamie on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:51 pm

netwolf wrote:
Jamie wrote:
NIN wrote:

VIVA LA REVOLUTION

Guilty as charged Net. I do so apologize :oops:
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby 68forever on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:51 pm

wondermoose wrote:I say go for it Sid. Stand up for yourself. He's gets abused like no one else in the league. These are BS penalties they keep giving him. Who cares if people don't like him? They see it as "whining." I see it as a winning attitude. He cares if they lose and shows it on the ice.

I know some complain about it now but in a few years when he has the respect of the league and the refs will anyone really be complaining when he gets away with some of the stuff he doesn't now because of his age and status as a rookie. My question has been I know he got the "A" because of his passion but isn't it supposed to be for leadership & talking to refs and getting info for and representing the coach and team, well how can he do that if the refs don't respect or care for him?????
68forever
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Fast B on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:52 pm

NJ5934 wrote:
netwolf wrote:

My point exactly. Crosby should have expected the first two for the stick in the midsection. And he definitely should have expected the extra two for running his yap. Stupid stupid move and the team pays the price. Not a leader anytime soon, that "A" is a joke.

Don't be ridiculous. Madden absolutely should have received a penalty for throwing Sid's stick away, and Crosby was absolutely within his rights to complain about it. You think Alfredsson wouldn't argue that point either? Those should have been matching minors at worst.
Fast B
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby skullman80 on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:52 pm

NJ5934 wrote:
netwolf wrote:

I wouldn't say he is not a leader. His mouth gets him into troubles at times, but it's not nearly as bad as it was at the beginning of the year. He has gotten much better.

I think it's blown out of proportion a good bit actually. The reputation he got earlier in the year got him the extra two. Any other player does that, I doubt they get an unsportsmanlike call.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby NIN on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:53 pm

netwolf wrote:
NIN wrote:

Yeah, it was such a bad dive that it wasn't.

PAH leeeze. You really need to except the fact that players dive all the time. It was a smart play, just very bad execution.
NIN

Postby NIN on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:54 pm

Jamie wrote:
netwolf wrote:
Jamie wrote:
NIN wrote:

VIVA LA REVOLUTION

Guilty as charged Net. I do so apologize :oops:

Awwww :cry: I thought you were going to join the REVOLUTION ??
NIN

Postby 68forever on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:56 pm

Was that a friendly little chat there at the end between Martin and Sid. Seem like they were just hanging there for a minute, I would like to be a fly on that net to hear what the vet said to the rookie, knowing Broduer does have some respect for Sid and Sid give Martin his due respect.
68forever
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby dman66 on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:56 pm

oh well, at least crosby had 2 points, i hope he gets to 100,
ao only had an assist, he also was stopped in the shootout
but, i think washington might kill him, 29:02 of ice time again
dman66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby netwolf on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:56 pm

NJ5934 wrote:My point exactly. Crosby should have expected the first two for the stick in the midsection. And he definitely should have expected the extra two for running his yap. Stupid stupid move and the team pays the price. Not a leader anytime soon, that "A" is a joke.

When was the last time that happened? He's getting better and again, he's a freaking kid. He does a good job as a leader more often than not, but he still needs time to work on it.

Heaven forbid the 18 year old loses his temper and takes an extra minor. Melichar shot the puck over the glass and took an unnecessary minor; let's take his A away too.

And what price is the team paying? Another loss? If they were in the playoff hunt, maybe I could see your point. They have nothing to lose. Use it as a learning experience and move on.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Vanbiesbrouck on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:57 pm

dman66 wrote:oh well, at least crosby had 2 points, i hope he gets to 100,
ao only had an assist, he also was stopped in the shootout
but, i think washington might kill him, 29:02 of ice time again

When you float back to play D, that's not such an obnoxious number.
Vanbiesbrouck
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby skullman80 on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:57 pm

netwolf wrote:
NJ5934 wrote:My point exactly. Crosby should have expected the first two for the stick in the midsection. And he definitely should have expected the extra two for running his yap. Stupid stupid move and the team pays the price. Not a leader anytime soon, that "A" is a joke.

When was the last time that happened? He's getting better and again, he's a freaking kid. He does a good job as a leader more often than not, but he still needs time to work on it.

Heaven forbid the 18 year old loses his temper and takes an extra minor. Melichar shot the puck over the glass and took an unnecessary minor; let's take his A away too.

And what price is the team paying? Another loss? If they were in the playoff hunt, maybe I could see your point. They have nothing to lose. Use it as a learning experience and move on.

I agree 100%.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins