Pens vs New Jersey Devils April 5, 2006 Official Thread

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby dagny on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:58 pm

wondermoose wrote:I say go for it Sid. Stand up for yourself. He's gets abused like no one else in the league. These are BS penalties they keep giving him. Who cares if people don't like him? They see it as "whining." I see it as a winning attitude. He cares if they lose and shows it on the ice.

Just wait, that attitude is going to come in handy for the next 15 years.

His abuse would lower dramatically if he stopped giving the opponent what they're abusing him for... And that's his reaction.

Guaranteed, had he not been as vocal every time other teams started messing with him, they'd have pretty much given up on it by now, because it didn't work.

But, it does work, and that's why they keep doing it.

He needs to suck it up for a while, until opponents decide that he's too composed to risk taking a penalty for.

Then, teams would have to come up with other ways to try and get him off his game.

React, and they win... He has to learn to play the mental aspect of the game as well as he plays the physical aspects.
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby NJ5934 on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:58 pm

Fast B wrote:
NJ5934 wrote:
netwolf wrote:
skullman80 wrote:That was a bad call...especially the extra 2.

How can you say that? Crosby put the stick into him and whether it got stuck or not, they have called that one all year. You have to know that at this point in the season and not give them an easy excuse to even up the penalties.

They don't have Crosby miked, so how do you know the extra two wasn't warranted?

All that said, Madden should have gotten something...

My point exactly. Crosby should have expected the first two for the stick in the midsection. And he definitely should have expected the extra two for running his yap. Stupid stupid move and the team pays the price. Not a leader anytime soon, that "A" is a joke.

Don't be ridiculous. Madden absolutely should have received a penalty for throwing Sid's stick away, and Crosby was absolutely within his rights to complain about it. You think Alfredsson wouldn't argue that point either? Those should have been matching minors at worst.

I'm not saying he deserves every call he gets......I'm saying he has acknowledged OFF ICE that the refs are looking to give him an extra two for complaining. He is aware of it (everyone in hockey is). Yet he continually feeds into it and puts the team at an additional disadvantage. Case closed. For the sake of THE TEAM he has to keep his mouth shut.
NJ5934
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby netwolf on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:58 pm

Jamie wrote:Guilty as charged Net. I do so apologize :oops:

No apology needed. We'll just say the loss made you crazy for a moment. :wink:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Jamie on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:59 pm

NIN wrote:
Jamie wrote:
netwolf wrote:
Jamie wrote:
NIN wrote:
netwolf wrote:Nice non-call on Malone, 3 feet in front of the referee. :x

that was a horrible dive.

VIVA LA REVOLUTION

et tu, Jamie? Don't feed the animals. :lol:

Guilty as charged Net. I do so apologize :oops:

Awwww :cry: I thought you were going to join the REVOLUTION ??

Sorry NIN. I know diving occurs in every game, every night in some way, shape, or form. I hate it. I understand it, but I hate it. It takes away from the integrity of the game. The officiating throughout the league is terrible. The current rule enforcement in the league has no identity, and diving just adds to that.

P.S. I do enjoy reading your picks as to the dive of the game however.
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby NJ5934 on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:59 pm

netwolf wrote:
NJ5934 wrote:My point exactly. Crosby should have expected the first two for the stick in the midsection. And he definitely should have expected the extra two for running his yap. Stupid stupid move and the team pays the price. Not a leader anytime soon, that "A" is a joke.

When was the last time that happened? He's getting better and again, he's a freaking kid. He does a good job as a leader more often than not, but he still needs time to work on it.

Heaven forbid the 18 year old loses his temper and takes an extra minor. Melichar shot the puck over the glass and took an unnecessary minor; let's take his A away too.

And what price is the team paying? Another loss? If they were in the playoff hunt, maybe I could see your point. They have nothing to lose. Use it as a learning experience and move on.

Who the hell said Melichar deserved an "A". (kidding)
NJ5934
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby FuturePens on Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:09 pm

I hope that Malone, Melichar are traded over the summer, they are horrible.
FuturePens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby BurghThing on Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:09 pm

netwolf wrote:Heaven forbid the 18 year old loses his temper and takes an extra minor. Melichar shot the puck over the glass and took an unnecessary minor; let's take his A away too.

Can we just take away his whole jersey?
BurghThing
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Rychster on Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:12 pm

FuturePens wrote:I hope that Malone, Melichar are traded over the summer, they are horrible.

Malone is an asset to this team. If he plays physical, he has better than average hands and size. Don't give up on him yet.
Rychster
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby ajh2298 on Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:23 pm

FuturePens wrote:I hope that Malone, Melichar are traded over the summer, they are horrible.

I hope they dont get rid of Malone I just got a Malone Jersey in the mail from the Reebok sale.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby NIN on Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:32 pm

Jamie wrote:
NIN wrote:
Jamie wrote:
netwolf wrote:
Jamie wrote:
NIN wrote:
netwolf wrote:Nice non-call on Malone, 3 feet in front of the referee. :x

that was a horrible dive.

VIVA LA REVOLUTION

et tu, Jamie? Don't feed the animals. :lol:

Guilty as charged Net. I do so apologize :oops:

Awwww :cry: I thought you were going to join the REVOLUTION ??

Sorry NIN. I know diving occurs in every game, every night in some way, shape, or form. I hate it. I understand it, but I hate it. It takes away from the integrity of the game. The officiating throughout the league is terrible. The current rule enforcement in the league has no identity, and diving just adds to that.

P.S. I do enjoy reading your picks as to the dive of the game however.

:roll:
NIN

Postby Reilly on Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:33 pm

Rychster wrote:

Malone is an asset to this team.

Malone is junk. He's replaceable.
Reilly

Postby mikey287 on Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:38 pm

Malone is the least of your/our worries...Melichar is no prize pig either, but we have bigger fish to fry, #14, #33, #36, #37, #10, #24 for starters...excuse the numbers instead of names, I'm eating dinner...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Reilly on Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:50 pm

mikey287 wrote:

Malone is the least of your/our worries...Melichar is no prize pig either, but we have bigger fish to fry, #14, #33, #36, #37, #10, #24 for starters...excuse the numbers instead of names, I'm eating dinner...

LeClair is better than Malone.
Reilly

Postby wondermoose on Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:51 pm

I don't mind Leclair really... He's only making 1 million and he's honestly looked really good the second half of the season.
wondermoose
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby eberhard on Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:54 pm

I say demote Crosby to WBS and slap his momma, he is a crybaby with a lot to learn. His firey on-ice intensity is a liability. He should just suck it all up and kiss zebra *** and never let the pressure of this worst-team-in-NHL year show. Please. :roll: This guy oozes with leadership intangibles. This is an Yzerman-class potential leader you're watching. Patience.
Last edited by eberhard on Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eberhard
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby netwolf on Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:55 pm

Malone is 4 goals and 2 assists away from duplicating his rookie season. That year he played 81 games and had 22 goals and 21 assists for 43 points. In 70 so far this year, he has 18 goals and 19 assists for 37 points. I know you want to see improvement in your young guys, but those numbers would seem to suggest Malone's season has not been as bad overall as widely thought. The start was pretty bad, but he's obviously had a pretty good run to get back on track.

Pfft... the Pens are loaded with 20 goal guys. They should cut him loose. :roll:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby eberhard on Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:06 pm

netwolf wrote:Malone is 4 goals and 2 assists away from duplicating his rookie season. That year he played 81 games and had 22 goals and 21 assists for 43 points. In 70 so far this year, he has 18 goals and 19 assists for 37 points. I know you want to see improvement in your young guys, but those numbers would seem to suggest Malone's season has not been as bad overall as widely thought. The start was pretty bad, but he's obviously had a pretty good run to get back on track.

Pfft... the Pens are loaded with 20 goal guys. They should cut him loose. :roll:

Agreed. Malone is the least of our problems. You have to work the high-priority gaps first: cut Patrick loose, ditch Endo, ditch Oulette, acquire allstar-class D-man, acquire allstar-class winger, work on Fleury gaps, develop Christensen, develop Welch, draft D-man, draft winger, sign Malkin... Malone is maybe in the middle of such a list.
eberhard
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby eberhard on Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:09 pm

68forever wrote:Was that a friendly little chat there at the end between Martin and Sid. Seem like they were just hanging there for a minute, I would like to be a fly on that net to hear what the vet said to the rookie, knowing Broduer does have some respect for Sid and Sid give Martin his due respect.

It looked friendly but not chummy. Maybe Brodeur told him to ice his hot temper?

I'd also like to say at this time that the game Lange/Erry called tonight was the most annoying of the season. And I've been plenty annoyed before.
eberhard
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jim on Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:49 am

I missed the game but looking at the stats I saw that Gonchar finished as a +2 in a 6-4 loss. I almost expected to see him as more a -3, lol.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Super Slovak Surovy on Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:55 am

eberhard wrote:I say demote Crosby to WBS and slap his momma, he is a crybaby with a lot to learn. His firey on-ice intensity is a liability. He should just suck it all up and kiss zebra *** and never let the pressure of this worst-team-in-NHL year show. Please. :roll: This guy oozes with leadership intangibles. This is an Yzerman-class potential leader you're watching. Patience.

you cant demote crosby to WBS
he isnt on on the roster...
you cant just send him down
Super Slovak Surovy

Postby Jim on Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:01 am

netwolf wrote:Malone is 4 goals and 2 assists away from duplicating his rookie season. That year he played 81 games and had 22 goals and 21 assists for 43 points. In 70 so far this year, he has 18 goals and 19 assists for 37 points. I know you want to see improvement in your young guys, but those numbers would seem to suggest Malone's season has not been as bad overall as widely thought. The start was pretty bad, but he's obviously had a pretty good run to get back on track.

It's more his play away from the puck, not on the scorecard, that is the issue.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby penny lane on Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:30 am

NJ5934 wrote:
wondermoose wrote:
and they give Sid an unsportsman like. FANTASTIC

Someone needs to take that "A" off his jersey. Its a shame that the team has to suffer for his immaturity. Its getting old.

Sid should have meekly offered up his stick to Mr. Madden & said
"do with it as you will." At that point the refs would have
clapped for Sid ... :roll:

bottom line what I've discovered this year is that the referees
and players are jealous. It's that simple. He's too young...must
be taught lessons . Spirit must be broken. Bollocks to that!
Sid has been silent; guy throws his stick & nothing is called...message
from refs...
"I'll show you pretty-boy!"

you have your opinion about leadership but tell where was pens
other A's? Gonchar/Melichar?
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Jim on Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:37 am

To be honest... the Penguins have had poor "C" and "A" management for years.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Mad City Mike on Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:55 am

ziggystardust wrote:Melichar is racking up the minuses tonight because this team stinks.

No, Melichar was racking up the minuses because he stinks. I said it before and I'll say it again, one sign that this team is getting good will be when this guy is no longer on the roster.
Last edited by Mad City Mike on Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby SirSidTheKid on Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:05 am

eberhard wrote:
68forever wrote:Was that a friendly little chat there at the end between Martin and Sid. Seem like they were just hanging there for a minute, I would like to be a fly on that net to hear what the vet said to the rookie, knowing Broduer does have some respect for Sid and Sid give Martin his due respect.

It looked friendly but not chummy. Maybe Brodeur told him to ice his hot temper?

I'd also like to say at this time that the game Lange/Erry called tonight was the most annoying of the season. And I've been plenty annoyed before.

Yes i would absolutely agree.. Errey just keeps on proving why he is such a moron. Where did this new crap come from where the players are referred as a "one Patrick Elias" "one Scott Gomez" "one Sidney Crosby" "one Andy Hilbert"..

Everyone says which players should be gone for next year, my vote is for Errey to leave.. If not i guess im placing a radio next to my tv for next year
SirSidTheKid

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins