Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby vcip on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:36 pm

You know watching Endicott with his awesome 2 pts for the year made me think of tht #14.

Why not bring back a former 14 who scored 19G's & 40 pts on different last place Pens team. Really. Kraft is a former 1st round pick, is big & would be much more of an asset than this stiff.
vcip
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby wondermoose on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:37 pm

Just seeing that number raises my blood pressure.
wondermoose
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby bh on Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:04 pm

that is really good idea. but is it possible? plauseable? likely?
bh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Vanbiesbrouck on Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:08 pm

Kraft certainly showed potential and would be nice to see at # 14 instead.

However, in thinking about this, I wonder if there is anyone in the league that would not be an improvement over Endicott. We've been all over him as worst player on the Pens, useless, etc.

Can anyone think of any player in the league that contributes less to their team than Endicott does?
Vanbiesbrouck
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby vcip on Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:09 pm

I don't see why not. I can't imagine he would cost much. He is better than many on the roster now. Doubt it will happen though.
vcip
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby FuturePens on Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:11 pm

Endicott is worst than my gradma on the ice and belive me she's got some game !!! :shock:
FuturePens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby BurghThing on Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:13 pm

FuturePens wrote:Endicott is worst than my gradma on the ice and belive me she's got some game !!! :shock:

He's worse than MY grandmother, and she's been dead for 10 years!
BurghThing
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Rohit on Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:29 am

is it legal to have endicott dress for the other team?

id keep him around if we could pull that off
Rohit
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Stoosh on Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:01 am

Where would you play Kraft? If Malkin comes over and Malone moves to center, we're a solid five-deep at center (Sid, Malkin, Malone, Christensen, Talbot). And both Kessel and Jordan Staal project as NHL centers to most scouts. I know Christensen could probably move to wing, and I guess you could keep Malone there as well.

But is Milan Kraft really going to beat out Malkin and/or Crosby for a spot on the top two lines? No. And he isn't really suited for third or fourth-line duty in a system like Therrien's. You COULD convert him to wing, but I seem to remember Kraft having a pretty strong aversion to going into traffic, and I'm sorry...I don't think you can succeed as a winger in the NHL by playing mostly on the perimeter.
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Jim on Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:08 am

I wish CP would have traded the rights to Morozov and Kraft instead of letting them sit. Obviously I have no idea if he tried to move them or not though. For all I know he could have been on the phone everyday trying. It's just that they were two assest that sat and will be UFA's this summer (at least Morozov will be a UFA).
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Ben Klingston on Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:10 pm

Vanbiesbrouck wrote:I wonder if there is anyone in the league that would not be an improvement over Endicott.

The question is... what leagues are you limiting your search to?
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby vcip on Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:08 pm

Jim wrote:I wish CP would have traded the rights to Morozov and Kraft instead of letting them sit. Obviously I have no idea if he tried to move them or not though. For all I know he could have been on the phone everyday trying. It's just that they were two assest that sat and will be UFA's this summer (at least Morozov will be a UFA).

I think he was used at wing at times. Not sure though.
I just think he is a better overall player than many on the team & if you need to make him a wing judt do it.
he performed decent with bad linemates with the old rules.
vcip
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

I think...

Postby Pens4Life on Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:29 pm

Line with MOROZOV on left; MALKIN ; and KRAFT on right would be pretty good.... But Lets get Elias and we are TOP TEAM...
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: I think...

Postby Jamie on Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:52 pm

Pens4Life wrote:Line with MOROZOV on left; MALKIN ; and KRAFT on right would be pretty good.... But Lets get Elias and we are TOP TEAM...

It is going to take more than Elias to make us a top team.
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Stoosh on Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:53 pm

Line with MOROZOV on left; MALKIN ; and KRAFT on right would be pretty good

...IF you could get Morozov and Kraft to go into traffic once in a while. Therrien's system is predicated on cycling the puck, so they're going to need players who aren't afraid to get their noses dirty, work down low a little bit, and drive to the net.

Morozov can do it...I've seen him do it because that's when he was most productive. He was playing on a line with Lemieux and was told to go to the net.

Kraft? I've got a better chance of playing on Crosby's line than seeing Kraft go into traffic.
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: I think...

Postby HomerPenguin on Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:57 pm

Pens4Life wrote:Line with MOROZOV on left; MALKIN ; and KRAFT on right would be pretty good.... But Lets get Elias and we are TOP TEAM...

That would be a balanced line. You'd have Malkin plus the two streakiest players in the league. Just as one of them was coming out of their latest 40 game pointless streak, the other could be starting a whole new one. It would be worth it just to see if Malkin tried to kill one of them by mid-season.

And, yes, two underachieving wings and one good scorer WILL make up for having only 1 or 2 defensemen of note and no third or fourth line to speak of. That's the kind of talk we like to hear.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Jim on Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:46 am

No Fraft. However, i could see Malkin and Morozov with... Malone? Triple M line...
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Super Slovak Surovy on Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:53 am

wondermoose wrote:Just seeing that number raises my blood pressure.

seeing it makes me want to riot
Super Slovak Surovy

thats not all

Postby Pens4Life on Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:45 am

Sure we need more than two wingers to make this team good.We need two solid d-man too...
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: thats not all

Postby Super Slovak Surovy on Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:32 am

Pens4Life wrote:Sure we need more than two wingers to make this team good.We need two solid d-man too...

i would sell my soul to get atleast one descent d-man
the "few" descent wingers i can live with...
Super Slovak Surovy

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins