Penguin training camp in Halifax?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Penguin training camp in Halifax?

Postby penny lane on Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:17 am

http://thechronicleherald.ca/Sports/495108.html

Maybe have pre-season game there. I think pens need to keep
training camp local, unless they go to WBS as they have been doing.

Without training camp I would not have been able to know of
the existence of Kris Letang & how bright his future could be.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Stoosh on Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:47 am

I don't think they'll be moving up there for the duration of camp. Probably for a week or so like they do when they play some of the preseason games in Wilkes-Barre.

It makes sense, actually. Halifax is only about a half-hour from Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia - home of one Sidney Crosby.
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby netwolf on Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:48 am

Boo.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Penguin training camp in Halifax?

Postby Admin on Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:51 am

penny lane wrote:http://thechronicleherald.ca/Sports/495108.html

Seems like wishful thinking on their part.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Stoosh on Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:52 am

We could always have LPG Camp Day in Halifax, Nova Scotia. I'm up for a roadtrip! :)

Seriously, with Malkin almost certain to be coming over and the camp practices at Mellon Arena being a relatively solid success, I don't think there's any way they don't have a couple of weeks of camp here again...at least the round-robin tournament stuff.

That was a blast last year. In fact, I think it's never too early to start planning...I'm calling dibs on one of those little luxury box thingies over the concourse entryways.
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby FallenHero96 on Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:18 am

lol... you know you have some pull when you call up the coach and say "hey I want to have training camp at my house." :D
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby jimjom on Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:24 pm

netwolf wrote:Boo.

For real! Netwolf, how would you conduct camp reports?
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Stoosh on Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:30 pm

you know you have some pull when you call up the coach and say "hey I want to have training camp at my house."

Penguins Training Camp 2006 will take place at the Crosby household in Cole Harbour, NS. Games will alternate between the backyard rink that Sid had built at the house and the makeshift rink set up in his driveway (they'll draw a goal on the garage door with some sidewalk chalk or something).

Every morning, Sid's mom will cook breakfast for the team - mostly scrambled eggs, hash browns and orange juice. She'll also provide the cooler full of orange slices and drink boxes for the between-period breaks. Every day, Mr. Crosby will grill hamburgers and hot dogs for the team for dinner.

Every night, the players will have a shootout on the backyard rink to determine who gets to sleep in the guest beds. The losers have to sleep in their sleeping bags on whatever floor space they can find in the basement. In the event of poor weather, sleeping arrangements will be determined by an NHL '94 tournament on Sid's old Sega Genesis (but no one's allowed to use Montreal...Patrick Roy was just way too good in that game). Incidentally, no matter how well he does in the shootout or NHL '94 tournament, Shane Endicott will be sleeping outside on the patio or in the doghouse.
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Bowser on Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:34 pm

If the bulk of training camp is elsewhere, I will be one very unhappy fan.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby penny lane on Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:03 pm

Stoosh wrote:
you know you have some pull when you call up the coach and say "hey I want to have training camp at my house."

Penguins Training Camp 2006 will take place at the Crosby household in Cole Harbour, NS. Games will alternate between the backyard rink that Sid had built at the house and the makeshift rink set up in his driveway (they'll draw a goal on the garage door with some sidewalk chalk or something).

Every morning, Sid's mom will cook breakfast for the team - mostly scrambled eggs, hash browns and orange juice. She'll also provide the cooler full of orange slices and drink boxes for the between-period breaks. Every day, Mr. Crosby will grill hamburgers and hot dogs for the team for dinner.

Every night, the players will have a shootout on the backyard rink to determine who gets to sleep in the guest beds. The losers have to sleep in their sleeping bags on whatever floor space they can find in the basement. In the event of poor weather, sleeping arrangements will be determined by an NHL '94 tournament on Sid's old Sega Genesis (but no one's allowed to use Montreal...Patrick Roy was just way too good in that game). Incidentally, no matter how well he does in the shootout or NHL '94 tournament, Shane Endicott will be sleeping outside on the patio or in the doghouse.

Konstantin Koltsov 's personal training regimen; THE Crosby refrigerator!
:P
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins