Michal Sivek in Czech Extraleague finals

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Michal Sivek in Czech Extraleague finals

Postby Tomas on Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:53 pm

His HC Sparta Prague beat HC Znojmo 6:1 today (Sivek with 1 goal while playing on the 3rd line), and won the semifinal series 4:1.

Sparta (seeded #7 out of 8 playoff teams) will play Slavia Prague (#2 seed) captained by ex-Penguin Josef Beranek in the finals.

Sivek has 3 points (2+1) in 11 playoff games.
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Michal Sivek in Czech Extraleague finals

Postby HomerPenguin on Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:56 pm

Tomas wrote:His HC Sparta Prague beat HC Znojmo 6:1 today (Sivek with 1 goal while playing on the 3rd line), and won the semifinal series 4:1.

Sparta (seeded #7 out of 8 playoff teams) will play Slavia Prague (#2 seed) captained by ex-Penguin Josef Beranek in the finals.

Sivek has 3 points (2+1) in 11 playoff games.

Damn, Patrick got a third liner in the Czech league who manages to pop out 3 points every 11 games for the most talented offensive force in hockey? PLUS he was able to get an anorexic soon-to-be AHL-lifer and a defensemen who is a third pairing mainstay in his Albany-area beer league? What a trade! What a GM!
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Jim on Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:26 pm

It's more than Washington got out of the Jagr deal... short term or long...
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby jmh70 on Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:29 pm

I liked Beranek. He had plenty of skill even though he was always the laziest player on the ice.
jmh70

Postby Kicksave on Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:52 pm

HomerPenguin wrote:Damn, Patrick got a third liner in the Czech league who manages to pop out 3 points every 11 games for the most talented offensive force in hockey? PLUS he was able to get an anorexic soon-to-be AHL-lifer and a defensemen who is a third pairing mainstay in his Albany-area beer league? What a trade! What a GM!

Christ, that was almost 5 years ago.

LET IT GO!
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby HomerPenguin on Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:11 pm

Kicksave wrote:
HomerPenguin wrote:Damn, Patrick got a third liner in the Czech league who manages to pop out 3 points every 11 games for the most talented offensive force in hockey? PLUS he was able to get an anorexic soon-to-be AHL-lifer and a defensemen who is a third pairing mainstay in his Albany-area beer league? What a trade! What a GM!

Christ, that was almost 5 years ago.

LET IT GO!

Has Patrick already been fired? I'll let it go then.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Kicksave on Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:31 am

ziggystardust wrote:
jmh70 wrote:I liked Beranek. He had plenty of skill even though he was always the laziest player on the ice.

if that doesn't sum up the penguins of the past 15 years I don't know what does.

I'll give you a lot of **** about your opinions on some players but this really is true. Then again, we were spoiled with Lemieux and so many great talents that they were so good that they didn't need to give 100% every game to win.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins