our current lines?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

our current lines?

Postby Pens4Life on Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:24 pm

Hilbert - Crosby - Armstrong
LeClair - Malone - Koltsov
Surovy - Rita - Ouellet (whats with him-no goals anymore?)
Roy - Endicott - Boguniecki
Gonchar - Orpik
Whitney - Scuderi
Melichar - Cairns

DID I GET IT RIGHT?
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Henry Hank on Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:44 pm

I'm impressed the team has been scoring so much the past 18 games or so with that kind of lineup.

For next year, adding Malkin and bringing back Christensen and Talbot should go some ways to giving the team the look of a more legitimate NHL lineup.

I think part of the reason Ouellet hasn't been scoring is he simply isn't playing. He typically has been playing only ten minutes a game and hasn't been seeing much PP time, which is where he was most productive. But then, I guess the reason he's not playing is because he stopped producing when he was playing.

Ouellet, Surovy, Rita, and Nordgren all should be on the bubble going into training camp next season. It'd be great if one of them could step up and be Malkin's winger. The alternative is to try and sign a Samsonov or Afinogenov.

I'd really love to see this team sign Jeff Halpern or someone like him. A right-handed center who can win draws, score a little, and play D is a definite need on this club. I could see a line of Hilbert-Halpern-Koltsov being an effective third line. They're all pretty smart, pesky players, and they all have some offensive talent.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby conforto45 on Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:55 pm

im with the rest of the Pens fans when i say I hope Malkin comes over next season.. but it seems like alot of people are jumping the gun and automatically thinking that he WILL be here.

Im not full of statistics like some of the people on here are about him, but from what ive read and saw in the Olympics, he would be a much needed lift to this team.

i just dont want to see everyone in shambles if, come July, the Russian League people dont sign the agreement
conforto45
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Henry Hank on Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:13 pm

I think Malkin almost certainly will be here. You're right that it's no guarantee, but I bet it more likely than not happens. If the agreement is reached, he's here without a doubt. Supposedly, the new guy in charge is more willing to work towards a deal, so there certainly is hope on that front. But even if there's no deal, I still see him coming over. Patrick said in the interview during the intermission last night that the other way for him to come over is for his team to let him out of his contract. There is the chance that they won't allow it, but I kind of doubt that. We want him here and more importantly, he wants to be here. He has spoken as if he is coming over next year. Since he already stayed over there an extra season this year, I don't see his team being difficult and forcing him to stay yet another year. If I'm not mistaken, there were reports that they wouldn't stand in his way if he wanted to go to the NHL.

It seems as if there's been a new wave of doubt over Malkin since that guy talked about it on Pittsburgh Sports Tonight a week or two ago, but he really said nothing new. Having followed the situation, his views seemed misinformed. Malkin isn't guaranteed to be coming over here, but all signs point to it. The Pens themselves have been pretty confident that it will happen. I think they know he most likely will be here.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Super Slovak Surovy on Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:50 am

Henry Hank wrote:I'm impressed the team has been scoring so much the past 18 games or so with that kind of lineup.

For next year, adding Malkin and bringing back Christensen and Talbot should go some ways to giving the team the look of a more legitimate NHL lineup.

I think part of the reason Ouellet hasn't been scoring is he simply isn't playing. He typically has been playing only ten minutes a game and hasn't been seeing much PP time, which is where he was most productive. But then, I guess the reason he's not playing is because he stopped producing when he was playing.

Ouellet, Surovy, Rita, and Nordgren all should be on the bubble going into training camp next season. It'd be great if one of them could step up and be Malkin's winger. The alternative is to try and sign a Samsonov or Afinogenov.

I'd really love to see this team sign Jeff Halpern or someone like him. A right-handed center who can win draws, score a little, and play D is a definite need on this club. I could see a line of Hilbert-Halpern-Koltsov being an effective third line. They're all pretty smart, pesky players, and they all have some offensive talent.

it would be great to see Surovy step up and be on Malkin's line. I mean he is very capable of it....
I just don't know what happens to him sometimes.
Super Slovak Surovy

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins