Bucci says Sid will be in the HoF

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Bucci says Sid will be in the HoF

Postby Mad City Mike on Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:37 am

To be 10th in NHL scoring as an 18-year-old on a bad team with an organization teetering on extinction is truly amazing. No rookie has had to be his team's best player, be used as commodity to get a new arena built and save a franchise. Sid is 34-51-85 right now. Last July, I was a lonely voice in a shopping mall music store projecting Crosby at 38-63-101 for his rookie season. Well Sidney, I need four goals and 12 assists in the last eight games for you to make me look good. A season with a healthy Mario Lemieux and Zigmund Palffy would probably have had him at around 100 points. Crosby still has a shot, anyway, remarkable for someone so young who has been asked to carry so much. His vision and sturdy core should give him a relatively long career. As his team improves and he becomes a man, Crosby will have a couple of seasons like 60-100-160.


This was in an article where he was asked who are the 10 players under 30 most likely to make the Hall of Fame.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,754
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:14 am
Location: De Forest, WI

Postby Admin on Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:04 pm

Screw Mt. Lebanon, the dirty cheaters. :lol:
Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 10,806
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:04 am

Re: Bucci says Sid will be in the HoF

Postby DelPen on Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:15 pm

Mad City Mike wrote:
To be 10th in NHL scoring as an 18-year-old on a bad team with an organization teetering on extinction is truly amazing. No rookie has had to be his team's best player, be used as commodity to get a new arena built and save a franchise. Sid is 34-51-85 right now. Last July, I was a lonely voice in a shopping mall music store projecting Crosby at 38-63-101 for his rookie season. Well Sidney, I need four goals and 12 assists in the last eight games for you to make me look good. A season with a healthy Mario Lemieux and Zigmund Palffy would probably have had him at around 100 points. Crosby still has a shot, anyway, remarkable for someone so young who has been asked to carry so much. His vision and sturdy core should give him a relatively long career. As his team improves and he becomes a man, Crosby will have a couple of seasons like 60-100-160.


This was in an article where he was asked who are the 10 players under 30 most likely to make the Hall of Fame.


I strongly disagree with the healthy Ziggy and Mario statement. Crosby was not seeing PP time because thos two were on the first unit with Gonchar, Recchi and leclair. Crosby should have been on it from day one and if they would have done that he'd have at least another 8 points if not 15 and be over 100 already.

Ovechkin was allowed to be the Caps best player from the first game this season, Crosby was not allowed to be the player he is until December.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,294
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Bucci says Sid will be in the HoF

Postby jmh70 on Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:06 pm

DelPen wrote:I strongly disagree with the healthy Ziggy and Mario statement. Crosby was not seeing PP time because thos two were on the first unit with Gonchar, Recchi and leclair. Crosby should have been on it from day one and if they would have done that he'd have at least another 8 points if not 15 and be over 100 already.


I think the author is trying to say that if Crosby played on the same line as a healthy Ziggy and Mario he would have well over 100 pts now.
jmh70
 

Re: Bucci says Sid will be in the HoF

Postby Reilly on Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:34 pm

jmh70 wrote:
DelPen wrote:I strongly disagree with the healthy Ziggy and Mario statement. Crosby was not seeing PP time because thos two were on the first unit with Gonchar, Recchi and leclair. Crosby should have been on it from day one and if they would have done that he'd have at least another 8 points if not 15 and be over 100 already.


I think the author is trying to say that if Crosby played on the same line as a healthy Ziggy and Mario he would have well over 100 pts now.


If he had 60 less PIM's he'd have over 100 points too.
Reilly
 

Postby Pitts on Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:20 pm

I can't believe he thinks Crosby will top out at ONLY 160 pts in a season! Doesn't he know who this kid is?? :roll:
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,424
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Postby Guruzilla on Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:45 pm

In other news: Sky "Blue", Researchers Conclude

:P
Guruzilla
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:14 pm
Location: "Up to Malkin to me, as up to the Moon."

Re: Bucci says Sid will be in the HoF

Postby ExPatriatePen on Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:28 pm

Reilly wrote:
jmh70 wrote:
DelPen wrote:I strongly disagree with the healthy Ziggy and Mario statement. Crosby was not seeing PP time because thos two were on the first unit with Gonchar, Recchi and leclair. Crosby should have been on it from day one and if they would have done that he'd have at least another 8 points if not 15 and be over 100 already.


I think the author is trying to say that if Crosby played on the same line as a healthy Ziggy and Mario he would have well over 100 pts now.


If he had 60 less PIM's he'd have over 100 points too.


And if my aunt had a pair of xxxx's she'd be my uncle.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Specualtion... bottom line, he's got more points at 18 than anyone ever has... ain't that good enough?
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,691
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.


Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

e-mail