Sh.. Endicott

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Sh.. Endicott

Postby Pens4Life on Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:39 pm

How the hell he is still playing in NHL after what im reading about him,ALMOST YOU ALL FOLKS ARE HAVING SAME OPINION?!?
Laziest,dumbest,slowest player and soo on... What Therrien and others see in him?
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Zscout on Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:49 pm

Woooooaaaaa.......
Endicott is still holding down a position on this roster because he has the size and skill to be a solid 3rd line center in this league.
He would be snatched up in waivers if they tried to send him down.
Endicott's high ankle sprain takes time to get 100%, but he is not lazy and he is not slow. He may not be an impact player, but he is a decent prospect who has a good upside.
Calling him names, may give you some self gratification, but it shows a lack of respect for the game and the players. When your willing to have a grown up discussion on Endicott, I would be more than happy to enlighten you on his potential upside.
Zscout

Postby Bowser on Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:58 pm

Z - what the hell are you talking about?

Shane Endicott's high ankle sprain does not force him to make horrible decisions with/without the puck. It did not allow him to make mistake after mistake after mistake on the penalty-kill. It doesn't affect his ability to handle the puck like a grenade. It doesn't affect his ability to lose countless faceoffs.

He doesn't fight, he can't shoot, he can't pass, he's too slow, and makes too many bad decisions.

Shane Endicott will pass through waivers because no one wants a player with an empty skill set.

I can't believe I just read a positive Endicott report. Holy heck was that bad.

PS... I'm a little cranky with lack of sleep.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Guido on Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:03 pm

he had his chance this to solidify a spot. he blew it, high ankle sprain aside.
Guido
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby netwolf on Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:49 pm

If Koltsov and Armstong were able to be waived without someone claiming them, chances are Endicott would too.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Tocchet on Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:20 pm

Woooooaaaaa.......
Endicott is still holding down a position on this roster because he has the size and skill to be a solid 3rd line center in this league.
Endicott's high ankle sprain takes time to get 100%, but he is not lazy and he is not slow. He may not be an impact player, but he is a decent prospect who has a good upside.
Calling him names, may give you some self gratification, but it shows a lack of respect for the game and the players. When your willing to have a grown up discussion on Endicott, I would be more than happy to enlighten you on his potential upside.

Me thinks that somebody forgot to use the all-important :lol icon....

Or at least I hope. Sure, Endo has ideal size for third-line center, but he's slow, plays soft, plays stupid, and doesn't have anywhere near enough skill to make up for those glaring deficiencies.
Tocchet
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby wondermoose on Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:32 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is what I think of Endicott being worth keeping on the squad. I'd trade him for Talbot ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. His net worth is about the same as a toe nail clipping.
wondermoose
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby NIN on Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:57 pm

Zscout wrote:Woooooaaaaa.......

OK, I would LOVE to hear somebody explain to me how Endicott deserved a one-way deal this summer. I want to know why he was allowed to start his season/career comming off a high ankle sprain instead of sending him to the AHL for a reconditioning assignment. If he was sent down I missed it.

He has average acceleration, average balance, a decent wrist shot, poor shot accuracy, poor passing skill, very poor hockey sense, good size, poor at faceoffs (if he would at least win 51% I would back off alittle), he is obviously frail for a young player - I mean high ankle sprain? Pulled groin? I know guys who are 50 that skate harder and dont get hurt that much LOL - , questionable work habbits, poor along the boards, poor physical game....

The only great thing I can say about him is that he keeps his mouth shut.
NIN

Postby Ben Klingston on Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:34 pm

Zscout wrote:He would be snatched up in waivers if they tried to send him down.

Don't tease us.
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby netwolf on Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:46 pm

NIN wrote:OK, I would LOVE to hear somebody explain to me how Endicott deserved a one-way deal this summer.

He doesn't have a one-way contract to my knowledge. He is still waiver eligible though. The two are not mutually exclusive.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FallenHero96 on Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:28 pm

If ever there was an empty sweater on this hockey team.... its the sweater with "Endicott" on the back.
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby ExPatriatePen on Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:38 pm

Didn't I just hear Staggy say Endi was put on waviers?
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby Draftnik on Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:59 pm

Endicott, aka

Glaciercott, aka

Glaciercrap
Draftnik
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:02 pm

I'll be the first to hand him his coat and hat... I just wanted to make sure I really heard that and wasn't dreaming
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby Zscout on Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:54 pm

I bet players around the league will heave a huge sigh of relief the day the franchise moves out of this city of mean spirited, non-appreciative and bitter fans.
The brutal and classless Pittsburgh fans are likely the reason why so many top UFA's turned down lucrative contracts to play here this off season.
Zscout

Postby NIN on Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:03 pm

Zscout wrote:I bet players around the league will heave a huge sigh of relief the day the franchise moves out of this city of mean spirited, non-appreciative and bitter fans.
The brutal and classless Pittsburgh fans are likely the reason why so many top UFA's turned down lucrative contracts to play here this off season.

Well if their delicate sensibilties are rattled then maybe dont want them here anyways.

I would enjoy reading your defense of Endo. Plase, enlighten us....
NIN

Postby netwolf on Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:03 pm

Zscout wrote:I bet players around the league will heave a huge sigh of relief the day the franchise moves out of this city of mean spirited, non-appreciative and bitter fans.

Yeah, because I'm sure Endicott hears that after games all the time. And if by some chance he reads message boards, I'm sure he takes them less seriously than you seem to.

Endicott has had a very forgettable season. There's no getting around that. He has not contributed a single thing to the team, whereas a guy like Talbot who has, is stuck behind him because of the franchise's seemingly inexplicable reluctance to expose him to waivers, even though they did waive Koltsov and Armstrong.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby NIN on Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:06 pm

netwolf wrote:

Yeah, because I'm sure Endicott hears that after games all the time. And if by some chance he reads message boards, I'm sure he takes them less seriously than you seem to.

Endicott has had a very forgettable season. There's no getting around that. He has not contributed a single thing to the team, whereas a guy like Talbot who has, is stuck behind him because of the franchise's seemingly inexplicable reluctance to expose him to waivers, even though they did waive Koltsov and Armstrong.

fata is twice the player Endo is and they waived him and are paying half his salary for the Craps.
NIN

Postby HomerPenguin on Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:22 pm

How can you have any insight on sports fans in Pittsburgh when you're stuck in Harrisburg with your head up Ed Rendell's ass?
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Jesse on Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:32 pm

Draftnik wrote:Endicott, aka

Glaciercott, aka

Glaciercrap

aka

Garbagecott

aka

Idiot

aka

Stupid.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Jesse on Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:33 pm

Yeah, it wasn't CP refusing to pay them or anything.

God, you make up so much stuff.

I'd rather watch Endicott play than read that stuff.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Rychster on Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:02 am

Endo is on waivers.. We'll see if anyone will take him.
Rychster
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby MrKnowNothing on Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:45 am

Are you serious?

Anyways, Endicott WAS good in the AHL last year, especially during the playoffs. But Bowser's description of an empty skill set is spot on of his NHL year, except for winning faceoffs in streaks.

I do think he has been bothered by the high ankle injury for most of the year, but it isn't an excuse for no hockey sense. He has done nothing worthy of keeping him on the roster, and by having him here they aren't icing the best team that they can.
MrKnowNothing

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins