Pens at Panthers - The Official Game Thread

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby NIN on Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:58 pm

Orpik has been playing alot smarter lately. That was a great play.
NIN
 

Postby skullman80 on Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:59 pm

NIN wrote:Orpik has been playing alot smarter lately. That was a great play.


Yes it was.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,919
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:55 pm
Location: New Kensington, PA

Postby NIN on Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:00 pm

This league is a joke lmao!! WHAT A DIVE BY ROBERTS!!
NIN
 

Postby BurghThing on Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:00 pm

And here come the refs to even out the game.

Orpik gets his head driven into the ground, no call. Flapussie puts Scuds in a headlock and yanks off his helmet in the process, no call.
BurghThing
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 7,244
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:22 pm
Location: All You Can Eat Crow Tavern

Postby ExPatriatePen on Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:00 pm

Sourovay Had a chance and blew it... perfect example of no shooting and trying to make the perfect play.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,719
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby netwolf on Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:01 pm

Nice. Roberts kicks Scuderi's foot out from under him and rips his helmet off, but that goes uncalled. Then, in classic NHL ref style, the retaliation IS called.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,329
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:04 am

Postby wondermoose on Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:01 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:Sourovay Had a chance and blew it... perfect example of no shooting and trying to make the perfect play.


Are you one of those guys that yells shoot at the games?
wondermoose
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,601
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:18 am

Postby Stoosh on Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:02 pm

If Gonchar plays next year the way he's been playing the twenty games, I have no problem whatsoever keeping him on this team.

In his last twenty games, he has 4 goals and 19 assists and he's been a +3.
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,437
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:19 am
Location: Aliquippa, PA

Postby dagny on Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:03 pm

BurghThing wrote: Flapussie.


Pardon me... but, who is this? :) :? :D
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,482
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:06 pm
Location: 68 who?

Postby ExPatriatePen on Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:03 pm

wondermoose wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:Sourovay Had a chance and blew it... perfect example of no shooting and trying to make the perfect play.


Are you one of those guys that yells shoot at the games?


When apporpriate.. YES.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,719
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby NIN on Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:04 pm

netwolf wrote:Nice. Roberts kicks Scuderi's foot out from under him and rips his helmet off, but that goes uncalled. Then, in classic NHL ref style, the retaliation IS called.


I dont know how Roberts got cut so Scuds might have clipped him when they were heading into the boards. If thats the case Roberts got away with retaliation and then he performed a dramatic DIVE and THEN he got the call. DIving is a part of hockey.
Last edited by NIN on Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NIN
 

Postby wondermoose on Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:05 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:
wondermoose wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:Sourovay Had a chance and blew it... perfect example of no shooting and trying to make the perfect play.


Are you one of those guys that yells shoot at the games?


When apporpriate.. YES.


Luongo isn't being much of a lady tonight. When he moves he spreads his legs WIDE open, it's the right play to try and get him to move side to side. Straight up at that angle, he's too big and too quick with the glove to beat him.
wondermoose
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,601
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:18 am

Postby netwolf on Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:05 pm

dagny wrote:
BurghThing wrote: Flapussie.


Pardon me... but, who is this? :) :? :D


Judging from the post, it's either his pet name for Gary Roberts or he got the wrong number. :D
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,329
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:04 am

Postby NIN on Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:06 pm

Stoosh wrote:If Gonchar plays next year the way he's been playing the twenty games, I have no problem whatsoever keeping him on this team.

In his last twenty games, he has 4 goals and 19 assists and he's been a +3.


I dont think we have a choice of keeping him.

It still bothers me that he hasnt sprung any forwards with breakaway passes this season. Only one to Crosby that I can recall. Alot of that has to do with the overall slowness of the forwards but it still should be happening alittle more than once a season with Whitney back there too!!
NIN
 

Postby dagny on Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:11 pm

NIN wrote: DIving is hockey.


I actually appreciate some of your perspective of diving in the game. Whether we like it or not, it has become an integral part of the game.

However.... hockey players can dive all over the ice, all game long. It wouldn't mean anything if nobody puts the puck in the net.

Diving is NOT hockey!

We'll cut ya some slack due to your insanity... I mean exhaustion. :wink: :D
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,482
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:06 pm
Location: 68 who?

Postby NIN on Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:12 pm

dagny wrote:
NIN wrote: DIving is hockey.


I actually appreciate some of your perspective of diving in the game. Whether we like it or not, it has become an integral part of the game.

However.... hockey players can dive all over the ice, all game long. It wouldn't mean anything if nobody puts the puck in the net.

Diving is NOT hockey!

We'll cut ya some slack due to your insanity... I mean exhaustion. :wink: :D


Thats NOT what I said...scroll up :roll: . :wink: :lol:
NIN
 

Postby dagny on Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:24 pm

NIN wrote:Thats NOT what I said...scroll up :roll: . :wink: :lol:


:shock: :o :) :roll: 8) :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: .... that's all, just .... :lol: :lol: :lol:
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,482
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:06 pm
Location: 68 who?

Postby ExPatriatePen on Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:25 pm

I sure hope Caron can keep this up! Not just for this game, but going forward.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,719
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby NIN on Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:25 pm

YEAH WHITNEY!!
NIN
 

Postby Gaucho on Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:29 pm

What the...?! We have a 12-game losing streak against the Cats??? About time...
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 39,139
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: Jay Landsman's cookie jar

Postby netwolf on Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:31 pm

Gaucho wrote:What the...?! We have a 12-game losing streak against the Cats??? About time...


Amen. And happy birthday! :D

More people would tell you that if you had entered your birthday in your profile. :lol:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,329
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:04 am

Postby Cornfed on Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:31 pm

Any idea what the pens record for SH goals in a season is?
Cornfed
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:55 am
Location: Burlington, ON

Postby Gaucho on Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:32 pm

Ovechkin just scored his 49th goal and 100th point!
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 39,139
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: Jay Landsman's cookie jar

Postby NIN on Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:33 pm

Gaucho wrote:What the...?! We have a 12-game losing streak against the Cats??? About time...


Happy B-Day. Marco Sturm rules!!
NIN
 

Postby Reilly on Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:36 pm

I think Armstrong tried to suck Sean Hill's blood out of his neck.
Reilly
 

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: André, bse, Headshot77, Hugo Stiglitz, KG, King Sid the Great 87, MalkinIsMyHomeboy, MWW, OKpensfan247, rgj, topshelf66 and 38 guests

e-mail